Samsung's new 32:9 monitor for sim racing?

• Thread starter ALSE
  • 7 comments
Egypt
Egypt
http://www.samsung.com/us/computing/monitors/gaming/49--chg90-qled-gaming-monitor-lc49hg90dmnxza/
lc49hg90dmnxza-gallery2-0607

Can it replace multi monitor setups?

Interesting. I used a 34" monitor with this aspect ratio for a while before I got a big triple screen setup and it was definitely an improvement over a single 16:9 screen. So this with its much bigger screen size could be a genuine contender.

Edit: Been looking at this more and it is genuinely a very interesting prospect. It's as tall as my current 3 x 40" tv setup and 30cm wider than a single screen. What makes it such an interesting prospect is the 144hz refresh rate and particularly 1ms response time. Those put my current setup to shame. It also benefits from not having as many pixels for a graphics card to push when compared to a triple 1080p setup. This could be a very good solution.

Last edited:
I make the screen 47.17 by 13.26 inches, which isn't close to a 40" 16:9 in height, more like a 27". So basically 2x 27" 16:9 side-by-side. Still, that's quite a decent height for driving, especially if you can get it close to you which might be easier than with triple screens. Personally, I hope this sells well and they produce an even bigger version, same height as 30" 16:9 would be great (55" 32:9).

I make the screen 47.17 by 13.26 inches, which isn't close to a 40" 16:9 in height, more like a 27". So basically 2x 27" 16:9 side-by-side. Still, that's quite a decent height for driving, especially if you can get it close to you which might be easier than with triple screens. Personally, I hope this sells well and they produce an even bigger version, same height as 30" 16:9 would be great (55" 32:9).
You are right. I misread the specs I found on-line.

Edit: Gah, just realised that my ultra wide monitor is 21:9 ratio. So this is the same height but wider. So going from my current setup to this would be a bit of an issue with the height.

Last edited:
For the price of this thing I can buy Oculus Rift and a decent VR ready gaming PC and this monitor is not even OLED(it is still LCD)The latest Samsung 4K QLED TVs(which is still LCD)cost more than LG 4K OLED TV.
I have this monitor which is 55 centimeters from my eyes and for now it is quite enough for me.

It is indeed a very interesting screen.
Multi-monitor gaming has some limitations and issues (sli compatibility, games compatibility, etc.) so if this screen is really seen as an only monitor by the graphic card drivers (i.e. it does not connect to the PC via two cables but only one), then it will bring a great alternative.

Resolution remains resonnable two (1080p base) so it has only 10% more pixels than a single 1440p 16/9 screen. Performance should be quite good.

Latest Posts

Back