Sardegna 800

• Thread starter foxdylan
  • 109 comments
I just bought the Nismo GTR 99 and had an easy win, lapping everyone. then i had an little harder win in an fully tuned Mitsubishi GTO which only had 700pp. Gotta love the Classics.

Aventador and veneno used too much fuel, even on fm6 they only last 4 rounds. No fun, lol.

i just won with an engine swapped M3, cool race. Road cars are a lot harder on those turns.

then I bought a super formula, only to find out it has a fixed nitro that can’t be changed so I can’t use it :(

will try the Porsche 918 next, cause I have that already.
The F1500T-A will absolutely destroy this race. It hasn't a nitro.
Add the F-XX-K to the road car list. Though it's not sold as a car you can just drive to work in real life, GT7 lists it as a road car. You may need 3 stops to finish, but it's just fast enough to win. I enjoyed the challenge.

The engine swapped Crown also does the race quite easily. I Started on RM tyres and managed 4 laps on them. Pitted for RH and fill up gas. Pitted again end of lap 10 for RH and a little gas to finish.

Attachments

• Gran Turismo™ 7_20221121205154.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20221121205154.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 73
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20221121200228.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20221121200228.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 74
You mean Mazda RX with 787 Engine? I had fun with the "original" 787B too.

A bit OT: I did 2 races on le mans, one with engine swapped BMW M3. So that car now got me a win in all 3 grinding races. le mans, sardegna and tokyo. :)

Yeah I mean that, I just shortened it.

Yes, i tried that one and it was a nice drive.

Thats quite expensive and invite only, so i don't have it yet.
The Ferrari is worth every credit, though. It'll win all the Ferrari only events outright, but Maggiore can be difficult without teleporting.
The Sardegna race is difficult with it, which is why I recommended it. If you can drive it to the checkered flag, pat yourself on the back!

I managed to make the new Ferrari VGT work for this race. I only won by a few seconds against Hard AI, it would win much more easily against slower AI, as it makes a big difference for this race. Setup is in the video.

Loads of the engine swapped cars can do it fairly easily. The two 787B-swaps, the M3 and 3.0CSL, the R8-swapped MR2...
Sorry for the noob question, but I only got the game recently and haven't really been following all the nuances closely.

How do you get the engines to make engine swaps? Do you have to win them from a lottery ticket (i.e. it's completely random and you may never get them), or is there another way?

Sorry for the noob question, but I only got the game recently and haven't really been following all the nuances closely.

How do you get the engines to make engine swaps? Do you have to win them from a lottery ticket (i.e. it's completely random and you may never get them), or is there another way?
Yep. Spare engines are obtained by using roulette tickets. Very rarely you'll get one from a "standard" ticket. You can also obtain special tickets that are guaranteed to award you an engine.
You may then use the engine to replace an original in any car it's compatible with, whether that car came with that type of engine or not.
Say you get a 26B Mazda engine. That was built for a 787B. You can install it into a 787B if you've "worn out" the existing engine by getting into the 787B and going to the tuning parts screen in your garage and selecting the engine. However, this process also works with that same engine and certain RX-7 and RX-8 models. If you're currently driving one and you go to that screen, an icon will appear on the engine that says "compatible". Choose the engine, hit "install", and fasten your seat belt for one wild ride.
My engine swaps usually yield a very fast car that's difficult to drive. I have a few with swaps that I haven't driven yet, though. The RX-7+26B is fast enough to win WTC800 events but the rear end is loose, the Mustang Mach 1 + 5.0 Mustang Coyote stayed in the road but needed a lot of de tuning, the Cooper + K20 was unstoppable in the Clubman Mini race til they nerfed it's PP, and the Cappucino + 13B is just absurd. It's a Kei car combined with a rocket and the biggest concern is keeping it on the ground.

Yep. Spare engines are obtained by using roulette tickets. Very rarely you'll get one from a "standard" ticket. You can also obtain special tickets that are guaranteed to award you an engine.
You may then use the engine to replace an original in any car it's compatible with, whether that car came with that type of engine or not.
Say you get a 26B Mazda engine. That was built for a 787B. You can install it into a 787B if you've "worn out" the existing engine by getting into the 787B and going to the tuning parts screen in your garage and selecting the engine. However, this process also works with that same engine and certain RX-7 and RX-8 models. If you're currently driving one and you go to that screen, an icon will appear on the engine that says "compatible". Choose the engine, hit "install", and fasten your seat belt for one wild ride.
My engine swaps usually yield a very fast car that's difficult to drive. I have a few with swaps that I haven't driven yet, though. The RX-7+26B is fast enough to win WTC800 events but the rear end is loose, the Mustang Mach 1 + 5.0 Mustang Coyote stayed in the road but needed a lot of de tuning, the Cooper + K20 was unstoppable in the Clubman Mini race til they nerfed it's PP, and the Cappucino + 13B is just absurd. It's a Kei car combined with a rocket and the biggest concern is keeping it on the ground.
Thanks for the clarification. Another stupid question. What’s the difference between a standard ticket and a roulette ticket? I have yet to win a free engine I think. Maybe I’m not doing the right things to get them?

OK guy`s hope this can help out those that want to get the grind results easily ie: no pit stops, Just drive smooth and don't aggressively rev it out set your fuel at no6 (lean) and make use of slipstreaming when possible but its not essential and you should find by lap 6-7 you will be in front with plenty of fuel left. Your tyres will be worn by lap 13 but still have enough grip to achieve this really easy win . Enjoy

Attachments

• 20230104_131148.jpg
    20230104_131148.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 122
  • 20230104_131259_001.jpg
    20230104_131259_001.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 100
  • 20230104_131327_001.jpg
    20230104_131327_001.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 103
  • 20230104_131047_001.jpg
    20230104_131047_001.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 131
Times all set in similar conditions, fuel & tyre wear parameters as per event. 3 lap stint in each car, although all will do either a 1 or 2 stop race.

IMG_1070.jpg

Getting back into the grind after spending most of the past four months not playing. Does anyone have a good read on the current minimum target lap time to beat the AI on hard? Would be nice to throw a few more tunes together but also nice to know how well I am doing before 25min have passed.

One-stopper still the right way to go? Thanks!

Getting back into the grind after spending most of the past four months not playing. Does anyone have a good read on the current minimum target lap time to beat the AI on hard? Would be nice to throw a few more tunes together but also nice to know how well I am doing before 25min have passed.

One-stopper still the right way to go? Thanks!
Depends on the car. Gr.3 cars you'll be incredibly lucky to make a 1-stop work. I've been running all my Gr.3 races as 2-stop on RM tyres. Any Gr.2 or Gr.1 cars can make it on RH tyres on a 1-stop. My fastest time is a 24:43 with the Sauber C9.

Looking like 26min is the time to beat - set by Fraga’s two-stop (RS) Supra.

Ran it about 5 times since my above post, first one can be more or less discarded as it was a 787b floor-wiping.

In a Gr.3 car without turbo, it is very hard to win. Running the same pit strategy as Fraga (new RS and 90%-full refuel every 5 laps), I drove it fairly well and came within 6ish seconds. That might be where I spend some time when in the mood to make this a solid challenge, or maybe it’s in the tune. I was in the AMG GT3 at around 740pp…turning laps in the +/- 1:39 range.

Added the turbo, a little power reduction, and won by 12s at around 765 pp. This is a nice comfy spot that is easy to throw away with a poor drive but otherwise I won’t be RISKING not getting my money. :)

Certainly “turbo Gr.3 or better” is a safe play. I’ll continue to mess around without the turbo a bit and probably edit this post with that and ‘one-stop’ context in the next week. Road cars, my main interest in even documenting this, to follow.

Thanks for the steering, Midnight!

Last edited:
Looking like 26min is the time to beat - set by Fraga’s two-stop (RS) Supra.

Ran it about 5 times since my above post, first one can be more or less discarded as it was a 787b floor-wiping.

In a Gr.3 car without turbo, it is very hard to win. Running the same pit strategy as Fraga (new RS and 90%-full refuel every 5 laps), I drove it fairly well and came within 6ish seconds. That might be where I spend some time when in the mood to make this a solid challenge, or maybe it’s in the tune. I was in the AMG GT3 at around 740pp…turning laps in the +/- 1:39 range.

Added the turbo, a little power reduction, and won by 12s at around 765 pp. This is a nice comfy spot that is easy to throw away with a poor drive but otherwise I won’t be RISKING not getting my money. :)

Certainly “turbo Gr.3 or better” is a safe play. I’ll continue to mess around without the turbo a bit and probably edit this post with that and ‘one-stop’ context in the next week. Road cars, my main interest in even documenting this, to follow.

Thanks for the steering, Midnight!
Road Cars I've used so far and won:

Max tuned Huayra
Max tuned F8 Tributo
Enzo-swapped F40
787B-swapped Mazda3

EDIT: Also the f12 Berlinetta, max tuned.

Last edited:
Hi,

Anyone notice a new player in town today (after the update)? Never saw that Aston pit last, and end second.
Also, had to save bit more fuel today... set on 3 for the whole first 8 laps. Last 7 laps I used to do them flat out on 1, had to save a bit in the last laps...

And I wasn't "going for it". Many 1.39/1.40 laps and a 25m total.

1700562417332.png

I did Sardegna a lot in 2022 when the Viper was always in front and later when the Merc was in front. Later in 2023 was a time when Fraga was half a minute faster than everyone else. Times went down from about 26:30 to 26:30 (on hard difficulty).

So i was always in Gr.3 machinery with Turbochargers.

Now i did that race again and won a minute in front of guys i didn't see in front before. Did that change for everyone?

Is the way to go on that race now to drive Gr.3 without turbos to have at least a little challenge (i still want to win and make money :D)?

Back