Saturday Stock Car Series! THIS EVENT HAS BEEN PERMANENTLY CANCELLED.

• Thread starter VBR
  • 319 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry guys ive been away for a few weeks, if im in tonight and there is room could i join in?

the SLS is a beast so it should be an interesting race, plus the tracks youve picked will be super cool for this car

Unfortunately, it is a possibility that I can't join in tonight. I won't really know until I'm there (or not).

Unfortunately, it is a possibility that I can't join in tonight. I won't really know until I'm there (or not).

No worries, as long as you can make it at least once a month (like it says in the OP), that's ok.

👍

VBR
No worries, as long as you can make it at least once a month (like it says in the OP), that's ok.

👍

I should be able to do that XD BTW, how long are you considered a SSCS Newbie? The SLS is hideous in White >.<

VBR, why have you disabled PM's? I could send to you last night, but not today?

I never disabled my PM's mate, there has been a problem on the forum where email accounts are being rejected, & Premium users then can't reset them & are unable as a result to make any posts, or send/receive PM's etc. It has been sorted out now thanks to Jordan's efforts.

👍

I'm thinking of getting rid of the damage rules, reason being is that most people still don't understand them properly, or implement them correctly when needed.

I want to know how you feel about it, so what do you guys think?

💡

VBR
I'm thinking of getting rid of the damage rules, reason being is that most people still don't understand them properly, or implement them correctly when needed.

💡
I suppose you could have it so that anyone that caused excessive damage one week is forced to start at the rear in all the races the following week. Just a random thought.

VBR

💡

Get rid of them but keep the fine (980k cr for damage)

SSCS: All Italian!

Featuring the Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 '08, on Sports Hard tyres, & at Toscana Tarmac, Rome & both variations of Monza. The 2004 model pulls 0.95g on the skid pad, & the 2009 model pulls 0.99g, so based on those numbers it's safe to presume that Sports Hard is the correct tyre choice for the 2008 model in GT5.

Drivers Briefing

• The Gallardo can be slippery, especially on the cobbled streets of Rome, so please drive very carefully!
  • The warm up drive will be on a randomly generated Toscana Tarmac track, & we'll be driving with a slightly speeded up day to night transition. I just tested it, & it looks pretty good for a Course Maker track I must say.
  • Please give me your opinions as to what to do regarding the Damage rules, click here for more info.
  • The fine rules have been abandoned, simply because no one has bothered to follow the procedure by actually reporting any instances to me, & it's also impractical (too time consuming) for me to view each incident from everyone's point of view to make decisions as to who fault it was.
  • RANDOM RULE REMINDER: Regarding OLR Rule 5:A, which states: "Contacts and collisions must be avoided at all costs." What does this mean exactly, & how do you go about applying this in a race situation? OLR Rule 6:B has part of the answer: "In case you brake too late for a corner or partially lose control of your car, but can prevent an accident by steering into the dirt, grass or a wall, you are expected to do so."

👍

Last edited:
Great choice as always. I have a better title in mind though- La Lamborgini Festival! Just my though.

ALSO! From this weeks race I PROMISE souvenir photos of the race from everyones perspective. A great treat to look forward to on the Sunday after the race.

ALSO! From this weeks race I PROMISE souvenir photos of the race from everyones perspective. A great treat to look forward to on the Sunday after the race.

That'd be a great addition to the thread Darren, thanks mate!

:D

Guys, sorry for missing last 2 events (first because of connection problems, second because of time). Here, on summer weekends we get out of our city and go to country side which is very beautiful. So I may do the same this weekend and I from now apologize for missing this weekend's event which I loved to participate. I hope you who will race have a nice time and I hope to be with you on track the event after this.

Hi VBR,
I read your T&C and guidelines already and pm you some question. What a strict and pro event you have set up here. Really impressive and inspiring. Thanks.

Here, on summer weekends we get out of our city and go to country side which is very beautiful. So I may do the same this weekend and I from now apologize for missing this weekend's event which I loved to participate.

Well, I hope the weather turns nasty & rains, so that you will come race with us instead, hehe!

;)

Hi VBR,
I read your T&C and guidelines already and pm you some question. What a strict and pro event you have set up here. Really impressive and inspiring. Thanks.

Thanks for the compliment, welcome onboard, & I hope you enjoy the racing.

:D

Apologies but I'll have to skip this weekend too. Have some errands that I need to take care of. I should be able to make it next time around.

SSCS Has Been Permanently Cancelled!

I am no longer going to be running this event due to personal circumstances (all good ones, I assure you), please don't ask me what they are, as I will not be discussing them.

It's been a lot of fun, & I've had some of the best racing ever with you guys at the races I organized here. When things settle down for me, I may run a similar but more casual event using Recommended cars, & even if I don't, you'll more than likely see me out on track again at some point in the future.

For now, if you want same car racing, I suggest signing up over at our sister event: Concours Club. They run same car/same tunes races with very similar lounge settings, & sometimes use cars that are bone stock like us (although not off the Recommended list). Or you could look out for OnTheBubble's Friday Open Lobby, in which he uses various Recommended cars & tyre combos. Or maybe you could even Set up your own Recommended car event to fill the gap.

Regards,

VBR.

VBR
When things settle down for me, I may run a similar but more casual event...

Well, I'm back with another event! It should be launching On Wednesday the 30th of January 2013, & the rest of the info will be posted up well before then, hopefully within the next few days. Follow the link below to find out all about it.

STOCK CLUB!

All the best,

VBR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back