Savage388's Car

• Thread starter savage388
  • 372 comments
United States
Johnstown PA
SAVAGE_388_
Well after months of looking for a camaro i finally settled on my trans am, same car under the skin just looks different and not in a bad way at all, think nightrider. :lol: Its a project for sure and needs some tlc but a solid very rust free car with a nice little 383 stroker and a five speed. (hows that for a first car :sly:) Ill be building it up and restoring it to its former 80's glory and first up is getting rid of those redneck side pipes:yuck:.
100_0567.jpg

100_0563.jpg

100_0569.jpg

100_0561-1.jpg

Last edited:
Oh yea they're huge and very firm, like any muscle car should be. :lol: Ahhh the eighties and all the questionable cars it spawned, and kitt was close to the top.

First thing I'd do is start working on a mullett. You'd be boss stepping out of that with one.

Anna+Reece
I like it! I've always kinda liked these cars. How does it drive?

For something from the eighties surprisingly good, although it takes plenty of effort to drive it with havy steering, brakes and clutch. Even the throttle pedal is super stiff.

I think the side pipes would look better if they ran down the side of the door, like this:

79ta30.jpg

Maybe not the pipes but the stock rims need to go. Never cared for those, on any Ponti.

I agree with going back to a more factory looking exhaust, but I think you need Snowflake rims. No TransAm is complete without them.

I'm pretty sure those rims are the standard wedding gift for any red neck that wed's his hot cousin.

Well as of now its sitting in my driveway looking nice and that's it until i can solve my ignition mystery or it goes into the shop on monday whichever comes first( probably the shop I work :lol:) I already have a guy lined up to buy my wheels when the time comes so i have plenty of time to figure out what i want. Im currently looking at either stock gta wheels or the 17 inch snowflake replicas from year one. Nothing chrome though Itll ruin the stance i want to have. ...Ahh just waiting for the money now!

Well as of now its sitting in my driveway looking nice and that's it until i can solve my ignition mystery or it goes into the shop on monday whichever comes first( probably the shop I work :lol:) I already have a guy lined up to buy my wheels when the time comes so i have plenty of time to figure out what i want. Im currently looking at either stock gta wheels or the 17 inch snowflake replicas from year one. Nothing chrome though Itll ruin the stance i want to have. ...Ahh just waiting for the money now!

What kind of ignition system?

I'm pretty sure those rims are the standard wedding gift for any red neck that wed's his hot cousin.

Ok?

That's a really hateful thing to say about someones car. He's obviously proud of it and enjoys it. There are plenty of cars that members own on here that I'm not a big fan of and likely would never buy. This Trans Am is one of those. However, I don't think this guy is stupid, a redneck, or incestuous. Implying those things is uncalled-for and really rude. Don't be mean to people just for the sake of being mean, especially on a site like this which is filled with people who likes cars of all makes, models, sizes, and years.

That's a really hateful thing to say about someones car. He's obviously proud of it and enjoys it. There are plenty of cars that members own on here that I'm not a big fan of and likely would never buy. This Trans Am is one of those. However, I don't think this guy is stupid, a redneck, or incestuous. Implying those things is uncalled-for and really rude. Don't be mean to people just for the sake of being mean, especially on a site like this which is filled with people who likes cars of all makes, models, sizes, and years.

The comment was pointed at the wheels posted above my comment, not about the OP's car. It was a joke, and a pretty obvious one at that. I feel bad that you wasted so many key strokes replying to something with such seriousness.

I actually kind of took offense to that. Not like I'm anything of what you said I just really liked those rims. Kind of mad me angry. It's all good though.

The comment was pointed at the wheels posted above my comment, not about the OP's car. It was a joke, and a pretty obvious one at that. I feel bad that you wasted so many key strokes replying to something with such seriousness.

Regardless of what the comment was directed towards, it's still equally as hateful to liken taste with inbreeding and lack of intelligence. This is a place where we share what we enjoy. Nothing wrong with not liking something that someone else likes, but implying that them as a person is lesser because of it is unnecessary. Just don't do it.

I'm sorry, I will try harder in the future to make sure no ones feelings are hurt by any of the comments I post on the internet.

Slash, I've boiled the problem, down to either my ignition switch under the dash or something in the tumblers/ key slot itself. I'll find out Monday when the ignition switch goes in.
Just to clear things about the redneck stuff up, yes the car is pretty much a redneck dream ride right now :lol: but the whole goal here is to have a nice tasteful looking T/A that hauls in all directions. I like these cars for whats underneath and anything from the eighties that pulls .90 plus on a skidpad and mid 60 mph slalom speeds is very respectable. Add 400 horsepower and youve got a real weapon that can out run some of the best all while in sweet sweet eighties glory, there's nothing better.:bowdown::bowdown::D

Sure its the switch? Last time I worked on an ignition problem similar it ended up being a burnt ECU, but not sure if your car has one.

Slashfan
Sure its the switch? Last time I worked on an ignition problem similar it ended up being a burnt ECU, but not sure if your car has one.

Nope this is old school. No computers or electronics of any kind. Hell, it even has a mechanical fuel pump and manual choke so it can only be very very few things especially with the peculiar symptoms.

Just like my truck lol. People can't believe it has no computers lol.

Slashfan
Just like my truck lol. People can't believe it has no computers lol.

I like it but man is it different than something modern I mean to go straight from an efi 4cyl sedan to basically a built sbc is huge.

I understand. I went from a tired 300 I6 to a full blown racing 351W. Huge difference.

Back