Savage388's Car

• Thread starter savage388
  • 372 comments
I have owned 3 Subaru's. 05 RS, 04 WRX 5 speed, and 04 WRX auto. While I do love them especially for winter, I don't know if I would suggest a Subaru for everyone. They are very expensive to fix and if you beat on them, they are not very reliable without a lot of upgrades. Especially the 5 speed manual transmission. It is absolute junk.

Subaru transmissions in general are a pile of junk. :lol:

Got a little delivery today :D:D
Stainless steel lines and another set of pads for the camaro because I'm still not happy with the brake feel along with a distributor cap and rotor to fix the blazer. This is probably the first time I've bought new parts in over a year so I'm pretty excited. :lol:

IMG_20150402_163048815.jpg

Small update: the blazer is dead it won't run at all after a couple days of rain, hopefully Tuesday the distributor cap and rotor fix it. The camaro isn't nearly ready for driving after spending the weekend driving it to work, the windows still leak, I need new tires and my other wheels, and oh the drivers door is coming apart. This is getting very overwhelming constantly messing with two vehicles, and expensive, and I'm still looking at around $700-800 to get the camaro summer ready too.:guilty:

Update: changed the cap and rotor on the blazer and it still runs like crap, although its a little different from before. The codes aren't helpful either, I'm getting a random multiple misfire, Yea I know that gm. I'll mess with it more this weekend, if I can't fix it, I'll just sell the thing.

Last edited:
I'm going to go ahead and triple post sorry mods, I managed to solve the blazer problem for the moment, I went ahead and checked vacuum lines, cleaned all my contacts on the coil and distributor, then cleared my codes and by some kind of magic it runs! :D:D. I still have a very small hesitation but its better than when I even bought it and drievable.

Pics: the whitish Greg stuff hanging down is the carpet.
IMG_20150506_143451513_TOP.jpg IMG_20150506_143551658.jpg
So after all the work storing the camaro to prevent rust... It didn't help one bit. The entire passenger floor is suddenly totally gone, I'm honestly afraid the rear frame rail is going to collapse and kill me. I can't even sell it in good faith so I'm stuck with it for a while at least. I'll post some pics of the carnage tomorrow, if I can figure out how to jack it up.

Last edited:
SVX
Subaru transmissions in general are a pile of junk. :lol:
True besides the 6 speed in the STi's. Those are pretty solid.

@savage388
Glad you got the truck running better. I figured it was probably something to do with the distributor cap / rotor. Dang that is indeed bad news about your Camaro. Clearly the previous owners did not take care of it at all and sure as heck did not under body spray the car in the winter. That's not good news at all. It was also never undercoated correctly. Replacing, welding, and reinforcing all that metal would take some work for sure. If that area looks as bad as it does, there will be a lot more problem areas for sure. Someone must have parked that in the grass during the winter or just absolutely never took care of it. No reason the under side of a car that year should look like that. Clearly neglected.

True besides the 6 speed in the STi's. Those are pretty solid.

@savage388
Glad you got the truck running better. I figured it was probably something to do with the distributor cap / rotor. Dang that is indeed bad news about your Camaro. Clearly the previous owners did not take care of it at all and sure as heck did not under body spray the car in the winter. That's not good news at all. It was also never undercoated correctly. Replacing, welding, and reinforcing all that metal would take some work for sure. If that area looks as bad as it does, there will be a lot more problem areas for sure. Someone must have parked that in the grass during the winter or just absolutely never took care of it. No reason the under side of a car that year should look like that. Clearly neglected.
Funny thing is, the other floor pan is perfect, the passenger side had a leaky window when I bought it so I'm thinking it rusted from the inside out then all broke through at once because there's no reason it shouldve rusted in a climate control garage this winter. Its had a hard life for the mileage, I found out after I bought it that the car was totaled 3 times. I think only the roof is original from gm. I'm looking for a donor floor now, I'll make it presentable then sell it and get another one, I've always wanted a six speed.

Funny thing is, the other floor pan is perfect, the passenger side had a leaky window when I bought it so I'm thinking it rusted from the inside out then all broke through at once because there's no reason it shouldve rusted in a climate control garage this winter. Its had a hard life for the mileage, I found out after I bought it that the car was totaled 3 times. I think only the roof is original from gm. I'm looking for a donor floor now, I'll make it presentable then sell it and get another one, I've always wanted a six speed.
Leaky window makes perfect sense for all the damage from the inside out. Plus if the car was totaled 3 times that doesn't help at all either.

Yes the T56 6 speed is the way to go.

Sorry to hear about the Camaro. Must be really gutting with all the precautions you took. Fixing it up and selling it is a really wise move. 👍

I found out after I bought it that the car was totaled 3 times. I think only the roof is original from gm.
:eek: That one car has been written off three times? That simply boggles my mind!

Sorry to hear about the Camaro. Must be really gutting with all the precautions you took. Fixing it up and selling it is a really wise move. 👍

:eek: That one car has been written off three times? That simply boggles my mind!
Its really depressing after all the money ive dumped into it, I know I'll never even come close to breaking even, and I am quite find of how it looks now.

Oh wow its been a while, well nothings changed except I'm full time dailying the blazer and the Camaro hasn't even run in months and hasn't been inspected and insured since june. The blazer has been alright, its done amazing in the blizzard that dumped 2ft of snow in one night. I ended up plowing with my bumper lol. It needs some front end work but she's been a pretty good tank.
IMG_20160123_121213779.jpg
I even took it on a nature trek this summer
IMG_20150720_154153758.jpg

Wow it's been 5 years, I can't believe I still remember my username...and password. The Camaro is gone, drove the beater blazer and saved up. I picked a wrx a couple years back, clean one owner all stock down to the window tint. I did add wheels though.

Attachments

• IMG_20180720_203403.jpg
    IMG_20180720_203403.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20180705_183752.jpg
    IMG_20180705_183752.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20190804_185958.jpg
    IMG_20190804_185958.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 14

Latest Posts

Back