Saving up.. What to buy?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Capt Air
  • 36 comments
  • 2,514 views
Messages
434
United States
Houston, TX
Messages
Capt_Air
Messages
Capt Air
I right now have 2,221,000 ish cr. in GT5. I'm planing on buying either a Audi R10 TDi, Mazda 787, or Peugeot 908 HDi. I wanted to know what others would buy, right now I'm leanig towards the Peugeot because its the cheapest with the most torque/power. Also any other cars that are like the mazda, audi, and Peugeot? (In teams of looks/built for 24hr of Le mans)
 
Yeah, the Peugeuot is probably the fastest, but I really don't like how it handles. I like the Audi (personal opinion), but I hear the Mazda is really good too
 
Yeah, the Peugeuot is probably the fastest, but I really don't like how it handles. I like the Audi (personal opinion), but I hear the Mazda is really good too

But the mazda looks so ugly (Color/design) and it costs the most! :crazy:
 
Last edited:
Not the R10

I like my R10, but maybe it's because I enjoy the film "Truth in 24" so much (free download on iTunes).

Really, go with what connects to you most emotionally. If you aren't excited to drive it, you won't wanna use it. Does anyone really wanna drive the Minolta after they use it to get past the necessary races? Ugh what an ugly car.

-Kaffeine
 
I like my R10, but maybe it's because I enjoy the film "Truth in 24" so much (free download on iTunes).

Really, go with what connects to you most emotionally. If you aren't excited to drive it, you won't wanna use it. Does anyone really wanna drive the Minolta after they use it to get past the necessary races? Ugh what an ugly car.

-Kaffeine


Please explain how that car is ugly? I think it looks nice... haha
 
The Mazda is my favorite of the three no question. The look, the sound, the engine, definitely one of my favorite race cars.
 
I never drove the Mazda, but I love driving the Peugeot. It's one of my favorite cars on the game.
 
I've had R10 and 787, the R10 slips out easier, i much prefer the 787 but the best are the R8, Pescaralo and Bentley, GT-ONE
 
908. There's 2 nice choices, it's the cheapest and it's a lot of fun.
 
Don't go with the R10. I would go for the 908 since it's the cheapest and it's almost as fast as the 787B.
 
With the sharing car feature, you can actually "test drive" these cars, get a feel for it... before dumping the hard earned credits. The only catch is, you'd have to be friend's with someone who is sharing out the car.

I only have the Mazda 787B out of those three, and would be more than happy to let you try it out. Just send me a friend request on PSN ID: hvly_mdfd
 
I like my R10, but maybe it's because I enjoy the film "Truth in 24" so much (free download on iTunes).

Really, go with what connects to you most emotionally. If you aren't excited to drive it, you won't wanna use it. Does anyone really wanna drive the Minolta after they use it to get past the necessary races? Ugh what an ugly car.

-Kaffeine

This is really the key. You don't always need the fastest car. Get the car you want. Get the car the you find most exciting. Get the car you want to drive.
 
I'd go with the 787B because I love that car. My girlfriend said the color scheme was terrible but I don't see any problem there :P.

The 908s are prettier than the R10 but I don't know how well they truly perform. I've seen B-spec races and the 908 usually gets owned.
 
But the mazda looks so ugly (Color/design) and it costs the most! :crazy:

:crazy:

The 787B's paint scheme is beautiful. The noise it make sends shivers up your spine. Outstanding car.

Anyway, Don't buy the R10. You win it for doing the a-spec 24 hours of Nurburgring (you could use your new car for it! ;)). The R10 is very twitchy in corners and is catastrophically ugly. The 908's faster in a straight line and performs much better when it's tuned.
 
the 787 might be ugly but an awesome car to drive. I have 3 of them that I mess around with.
 
The audi looks incredible. Right now there is also a cool looking audi in the online dealership. I have 5M and I don't know what to buy. Has anyone a particular suggestion? I was planning on buying any of the three citroen car that look like batman cars!
 
I just so happen to have all three.
This is my first review on cars so here goes...

Peugeot 908: This one is a complete beast. It is way over powered and way under weighted. Not that that's a bad thing if you can handle it, but it deffinitely gets tiring during the enduros, but if you have a DFGT, all you do is crank up the TCS a bit and you're good. Another issue is that you can't see very well out of the cockpit. It's the fastest out of the three and the cheapest.

Audi R10: The Audi is by far the slowest. And I mean by far. It's still good enough to beat the AI on all the races, even Bob can beat them, but it's not good for racing online. Stock, it understeers quite a bit, but all you have to do is buy some racing softs, and tweak the rear spring rate a bit and it will handle the best out of the three easily. Probably the best car to use out of the three for the enduros since it's not as tiring, and it's easy to drive and still quicker than the AI. It's also probably the best to drive from the cockpit view.

Mazda 787: This car is basically just a novelty item, just to listen to and drive around in. Faster than the Audi, but the handling is quite as good after some tweaks. I don't drive this one as much, so I'm not as much of an expert. In cockpit view is also good for this car.

After all that, I'd recommend the Peugeot, just because it's the cheapest. They're all great cars, and since they're all pretty much even, I'd go with the cheapest.
 
The audi looks incredible. Right now there is also a cool looking audi in the online dealership. I have 5M and I don't know what to buy. Has anyone a particular suggestion? I was planning on buying any of the three citroen car that look like batman cars!

Now that money is hard to get (low payouts for seasonals) you might really, really, regret that....!
 
Now that money is hard to get (low payouts for seasonals) you might really, really, regret that....!

The Citroen GTs aren't really good anway. I'd strongly advise you not to waste your money on one of those things. :crazy:
 
The Citroen GTs aren't really good anway. I'd strongly advise you not to waste your money on one of those things. :crazy:

And you win that Citroen anyway. I forgot which event I completed to win it, might have been Dream Car Challenge in B-Spec.
 
Ah I would aim for a sauber c9 as I told other people.

Today I'm mad though. I had about 4.3million cr and a bentley speed 8 showed up! the first time I ever saw it and I'm a million cr of:grumpy:
 
I bought the 787b today, tuned what I could on it, and I am looking forward to driving it in 24 enduro events.
 
I have all of those. In my opinion, the Mazda is best, Puegot is second, and the R10 is horrible.
 
The 908 is the on I would buy it faster than the mazda and it cheaper. I had the both of them but I lost everything today. Anyway if you have the minolta it is faster than the mazda, audi and 908.
 
I just so happen to have all three.
This is my first review on cars so here goes...

Peugeot 908: This one is a complete beast. It is way over powered and way under weighted. Not that that's a bad thing if you can handle it, but it deffinitely gets tiring during the enduros, but if you have a DFGT, all you do is crank up the TCS a bit and you're good. Another issue is that you can't see very well out of the cockpit. It's the fastest out of the three and the cheapest.

Audi R10: The Audi is by far the slowest. And I mean by far. It's still good enough to beat the AI on all the races, even Bob can beat them, but it's not good for racing online. Stock, it understeers quite a bit, but all you have to do is buy some racing softs, and tweak the rear spring rate a bit and it will handle the best out of the three easily. Probably the best car to use out of the three for the enduros since it's not as tiring, and it's easy to drive and still quicker than the AI. It's also probably the best to drive from the cockpit view.

Mazda 787: This car is basically just a novelty item, just to listen to and drive around in. Faster than the Audi, but the handling is quite as good after some tweaks. I don't drive this one as much, so I'm not as much of an expert. In cockpit view is also good for this car.

After all that, I'd recommend the Peugeot, just because it's the cheapest. They're all great cars, and since they're all pretty much even, I'd go with the cheapest.

Since you have all 3 maybe I could add you and I "barrow them? (Share with friends button)
 
If you saving up a little and also be patient.
You can get Audi R8 '01. 👍
It's far more superior than the Pug., Mazda and R10.
 
Mazda 787 best premium race car- fastest & handling
 
Back