- 122

- UTC -8
- khj94704
I've been messing around with these three bone stock and I like the 908 more than the 787b (by a little). Both of them are a notch above the R10. "Truth in 24" was mentioned earlier in this thread, a pretty good movie because it was right when the 908 took the Le Mans scene by storm. The R10 won the race that year but it was because of reliability, not sheer speed. Similar to what happened last year when all of the Peugeots had mechanical problems and the R15+ did not. To paraphrase one of the Audi drivers from the movie, the 908 has a "sheet-load more grip in the corners, especially in the front." The comments about cockpit view are certainly true. The 908's poor visibility in it is really when I switched from cockpit view to bumper cam, and the second set of hands just threw me off but that's true of any car in cockpit view.
One last thing, the 6-speed transmission in the 908 means my shifting points are similar to a lot of the other cars in this game and the 5-speed in both the R10 and 787B took me some time to get used to.
p.s. The R8 '01 and the Bentley Speed 8 are much better than the R10 in bone stock form - I don't really know what the heck I'm doing when I try to "tune" cars.
One last thing, the 6-speed transmission in the 908 means my shifting points are similar to a lot of the other cars in this game and the 5-speed in both the R10 and 787B took me some time to get used to.
p.s. The R8 '01 and the Bentley Speed 8 are much better than the R10 in bone stock form - I don't really know what the heck I'm doing when I try to "tune" cars.