Scaff's Gallery

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 200 comments
The lines in the second shot are very nice. The flow towards the viewer which make for some very good composition. Sometimes I wish it snowed here (I'm sure people who live where it snows wish the opposite). We got a few flurries and ice pellets last year when I was at Daytona but we haven't had snow on the ground here since 1977.

Nice to see some more motorsport in this section, think I was the only person doing it for a few months! Some nice shots here, I'm particularly liking the static shots as they seem to have a really nice feel to them (probably due to the processing). The on-track shots are technically fine, but I feel they'd look better if the shutter speed had been dropped to give a sense of a bit more movement. I'm also not a fan of the thin crops unless they're paired with a black border to give a cinematic style. There is however something about #1 & #4 that I really like. Good compositions, keep it up.

Like the 4th shot, need to PS the legs out though ;) :D

Mini has an cool paintjob

Edited shots from the 2018 BTCC Media and Test day at Donnington (Parts 1)

BSiMhG0l.jpg

2lurPKyl.jpg

E6d7urMl.jpg

XV9akZal.jpg

bKnwv4Ul.jpg

HWrteYrl.jpg

xXngEL1l.jpg

Picked up my cameras and bought a new one, feels good to be back behind a lens.

hzsvGJd.jpeg

Lumix GX7 w/14-42mm f3.5-5.6​

w9xyeWK.jpeg

Fuji S3 Pro w/Nikkor 50mm f1.8​

dtZSjVG.jpeg

Lumix GX7 w/20mm f1.7​

N4lBpVO.jpeg

Lumix GX7 w/14-42mm f3.5-5.6​

voZC5zk.jpeg

Samsung S22 Ultra​

kkgNdyY.jpeg

Lumix GX7 w/50mm f1.7​

Last edited:
Here's what £24 worth of CCTV lens gets you...

P1060545.jpg

Lumix GX7 with Picor 25mm f1.7 CCTV lens - 1/60 - ISO 1600 - around f4 to 5.6.

...the center is pretty sharp, but unsurprisingly the edges are very, very soft, with a lot of vignetting (even wide open it's clearly visible). so you have to frame accordingly and then crop in post if you want your subject off-center (as above).

This shot I planned to be B&W from the offset and wanted a film look to it, so while it's had work in lightroom, none of that includes any noise reduction or sharpening from the RAW file. I'm vague on the aperture setting, as the ring doesn't have any stops on it, but is a smooth twist from open (f.17) to closed (f8), however, it does seem to stop down more than f8, as it goes past the marking for that.

Its use, given the above, is limited, but it's also only £24 (lens and adaptor for M43), so will certainly get more use.

Last edited:
During my sim racing hiatus over the last year, I've been making videos on cameras and photography (as well as shooting a whole lot of images).

Here's one of the oddest cameras I currently own.

Back