SCANA | Pre-Season Tuning Test

Chadwicksracing

SCANA Creator
Premium
Messages
1,614
United States
South Florida,
Messages
Chadwicksracing & Racecleanstupid
Living Streaming for Night! LIVE NOW
Watch us Live Tuesday night, starting at 7:30pm! Follow this link to get to SCANA's channel. http://www.livestream.com/scana

Lounge is up!




EVENT: PRE-SEASON TUNING TEST I - NASCAR ONLY

WHERE: ONLINE PRIVATE LOBBY RACE [PSN: Chadwicksracing | My Lobby]

CONNECT TIME: TUESDAY DECEMBER 14TH, 2010 @ 7:00PM EST [00:00 GMT]

RACE TIME: TUESDAY DECEMBER 14TH, 2010 @ 7:30PM EST [00:30 GMT]

END TIME: TUESDAY DECEMBER 14TH, 2010 @ 10:00PM EST [03:00 GMT]

Time? http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/florida/ ADD 5 hours to this time if are you on GMT!
​

HELP WANTED AD
1 X Pace Car Driver
  • must be able to attend this weeks test and remain in test the entire time.
  • MUST have MIC to communicate.
  • MUST have prior knowledge of Nascar rules!

PM me if interested!


EVENT INFORMATION:

Description: The Pre-season Tuning Test is race day, where select drivers will be invited to test the series specifications on tries and tuning. This will provide SCANA will important information on how to move forward with the upcoming season.
Races: 3
Length: 25 Laps Each
Car: YOU MUST OWN A STOCK CAR FOR THIS EVENT [REQUIRED]
Tires: Racing Hard Tires [LOCKED]
Qualifying: Based on practice speeds
Type: Standing Start with 1 Caution Pace Lap; We take the green on lap 2!
Cautions: Yes, 2 Laps after accidents. No Cautions after 5 laps to go.
Mechanical Damage: Heavy [LOCKED]
Pitting: Yes, Speed Limit is 45 MPH (72.42 km/h)
Pace Car: Speed Limit is 70 MPH(112.65 km/h)

TUNING SETTINGS [ALL SETTINGS REQUIRED]
Final Gear Speed: 224
Aero Front: 20
Aero Rear: 40

View Video if Confused


RULES
GENERALLY, THESE ARE THE RULES WE WILL BE FOLLOWING TOMORROW NIGHT. PLEASE READ UP! A HEADSET IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

I want VERY clean racing. The only time you should be touching another car is in the straights, other than that give each other LOTS of room to race. Failure to comply to these rules, and you will be asked to leave.

A. COMMUNICATION

  • A headset is strongly recommended
  • No cursing, racism, bathroom humor, or innuendos of any kind is allowed over the radio or in text form through the PSN or GTPlanet at any time. This includes shortcut words like STFU or WTF.
  • Flaming is not tolerated in open or public. Debate the incident in a civilized manor but do not flame the other driver.
  • During the race keep communication light and strictly to issues concerning the race.
  • Communication is to be kept silent during qualifying sessions.
  • Keep off-topic (non GT5/race related) chatter to a minimum

B. GENERAL ON TRACK BEHAVIOR

  • You must bring your car to a stop either in the pits or on a safe place on the track before exiting the vehicle using ingame options.
  • Reversing or driving backwards on track for a period longer then needed to recover from an incident is forbidden.
  • Making donuts or standing stationary and spinning your tires is forbidden in every session.
  • You are not allowed to park your car anywhere on track.
  • Intentional wrecking of any kind is not allowed, even between two consenting parties.

C. PIT STOPS

  • Each track has a pit lane speed. You must reduce your car's speed to the speed limit by the time you enter pit road.
  • Do not merge onto the track until the backstretch at Daytona Speedway, Twin Ring Motegi, and Texas
  • If possible, do not slow down for the pits while on the racing line.
  • When exiting the pits pay attention to any merging lines on the track. Watch out for other cars already up to speed when exiting the pits.
  • Do your best to alert those around you of your intention to pit. If you have a headset alert those around you about your intention to pit. Ex: "Car 24 pitting this time"

I. RACING

  • Bump drafting the car ahead of you at a sensible speed is allowed on the straights, but is strictly prohibited in the turns.
  • Any kind of contact while cornering is strictly prohibited.
  • "Bump and Run" techniques are strictly prohibited.
  • If you are about to be lapped by the leader keep sensible in your driving. If you are considerably off the pace or damaged it would be better to just move out of the racing line and give plenty of room to the leader or other leading cars.
  • You are not allowed to intentionally wreck anyone, even in practice sessions.
  • Certain ovals have an "out of bounds" line. You are not allowed to put two tires below this line. You are not allowed to advance your position over any car on the track below this line. If you are forced below this line and you advance your position, you must give the position back before the end of the lap.
  • When blocking you are not allowed to make sudden changes of direction. The following driver must be given enough time to react and avoid you depending on his closing speed. You are allowed to only make one blocking move per straight. Weaving across the track to block someone or break a draft is not allowed.
  • There is no strict formula on how to pass another car or how to be passed. SCANA expects all drivers to respect their fellow drivers. Do not dive bomb drivers. Keep an eye on drivers attempting to pass you from behind. Give a reasonable amount of room. If you find yourself constantly creating alot of contact when you make a pass you probably aren't doing it right. Do not boss your way through the field or through lapped cars. Keep in mind that on roadcourses most turns are not suitable passing opportunities.
  • Physics for every racing series will be "Professional".

J. ACCIDENTS

  • Accidents are a part of racing and are expected to happen and most are honest mistakes. However there is a difference between a mistake and carelessness. A careless driver drives beyond his limits or the limits of others around him time and time again. Learn the limits of your own driving ability and the limits and driving ability of the drivers you race with on a weekly basis before attempting any risky manuvers.
  • If a driver wants to a file a complaint against another driver for wrecking him in a race he should not attempt to retaliate in the race. He should file a complaint with SCANA after the race. The SCANA officials will review the replay and take proper actions. Attempting to retaliate during the race is a bad idea because the driver cannot be 100% sure how or why the incident happened and retaliation may collect a bystanding driver.
  • If you spin/wreck another driver you may slowdown at a safe point on the track and let him retake the position ahead of you. This is NOT a requirement for any accident. It is up to the driver's conscience. However doing this may prevent or lessen post-race penalties. If you think a race accident was just a racing deal and nothing outside of superhuman reflexes or abilities could have prevented the situation then continue on racing. If you think the accident was the other driver's fault then continue on racing. Everything will be settled after the race if the driver you wrecked files a complaint.
  • When recovering from an accident wait until the track is clear before reentering the race course.

K. CONNECTION ISSUES & WARP

  • If a race is disconnected it may or may not be run at another time.
  • If a single driver is disconnected from a race he will be scored behind all the other drivers who finish the race. This will be seen as a mechancal failure.
  • If more then half of the drivers in the race are disconnected the race may or may not be rerun at a later time.
  • If you start to warp drop to the back of the pack or away from other cars. You may be asked to disconnect from the race if you are a threat to the other drivers.

Other Rules:
http://gt5-scana.net/rules

TRACK
​

Track - Daytona International Speedway

Location: Daytona Beach, Florida
Length: 2.5 miles
Turns: 4 (31° banking, 18° in Tri-Oval)
Capacity: 167,785
Pit Road Speed:
Pit Window:
Minimum Race Lap Time: 00.000
Track Record: 00.000 / 000.000 mph

SIGN UP:​

This is strictly first come first serve, so who ever shows up before the 16th place has been taken will be able to race. Others who are interested will have to watch the races until there is a place for them to join.

Step 1. Please go here to sign up, http://gt5-scana.net/sign-up *
Step 2. Post your PSN & interest here in this thread


* If you are already signed up, don't worry about it, just post your PSN here.

Additional Information:

Website: http://gt5-scana.net

SCANA - Stock Car Association of North America, Gran Turismo 5 Nascar league, comprised of four tiers. Qualifier Starts January 2011!

Drivers Entered:
1. Chadwicksracing
2. gtuuk73
3. RzB
4. bbcnascar2
5. Chopes
6. TK42OnE
7. Ripper_Rabbit
8. HPainTrain
9. GTP_Striker
10. Tagger
11. GTP_civicgsir
12. ScooterMcScoots
13. JoeOfTheFire
14. L_Hamilton
15. Stormtrooper217
16. Earth -Pace Car

OverFlow:
17. GTP_LSX
18.
19...
 
Last edited:
I be there in my number 11 agian...
 
Im in and can help as pace car
 
I would have been pace car driver but I won't have the game until Christmas.
 
If there is still space, throw me on there :D
 
You Got it
 
Darn. This is too early for my schedule. Hate I'll have to miss out on the fun.
 
Darn. This is too early for my schedule. Hate I'll have to miss out on the fun.

We will run 3 or more races. The ending time is 10pm. Its up to you, but you might be able to grab a few of the last races.
 
I'm in... this time I hope I can get through one race without wrecking. :)
 
Yes no racing just pace the field on parade lap and cautions, wait at pit exit during race etc

Hey Earth,
I sent you a friend request. I was wondering if you were still gifting Stock cars. Im trying my best to get to level 21 so I can buy my own but I work Fri to Mon and don't have much time. I'll gladly compensate you the credits for it. I'd take a Red Bull if you're able but any one will do. I really do appreciate it and look forward to the race.

thanks,

H2
 
Would love to see the replay of this. Would someone be able to provide the replay save, please?
 
Yes I would. I have recently purchased a HD PVR. All the races for SCANA will be recored in HD 1080i.

I have some replays from last week, but I have not had a chance to edit and upload.
 
how do I login on your website?
 
how do I login on your website?

At the moment there is no login. Sign Up is for tracking purposes.

In the future, when you login it, it will show you your corresponding tier.
 
Original Post Updated: Tuning Information!

Videos of some testing sessions in 1080P HD! My new HD recorder works great!


 
I just realized... Doesn't the GameStop version have more hp then the rest of them?
 
No I've never seen anyone useing it have any type of edge. The loaner cars I think are definantly faster in the corners for some reason though. Funny watching the second video, my pit crew is all pro I was in and out before chad who entered before me lol.
 
We will run 3 or more races. The ending time is 10pm. Its up to you, but you might be able to grab a few of the last races.

I usually get online between 8-9PM Central time each night. I assumed participants need to be present at the beginning of the event to race?
 
I usually get online between 8-9PM Central time each night. I assumed participants need to be present at the beginning of the event to race?

Not for this. Practice is not needed. Just come whenever.
 
Ok. Thanks.

edit: Please add me to the list of participants.
 
hey Chad, I'd like to get in on this again.

Bare with me, I'm still learning, hopefully I can get some practice in this weekend.

GTP_civicgsir
 
Updates on cautions, pace car & streaming live content

Cautions - There will be 2 cations laps after accidents. We will do are best to be mindful of when others wreck. If you see someone spin, call a caution.

Further more, when there is 5 to go, there will be no cautions. It is a race a to the finish.

Pace car - Speed limit will be 70 miles per hour on track.

Pit Road Speed - 45 Miles Per Hour

Streaming Live Video - I am working on the possibility of having SCANA events streaming live on the internet. I almost have it working. Cool huh?

Thanks for listening.
 
Looking good, good luck to everyone competing.
 
Living Streaming Tuesday Night!!!!

http://www.livestream.com/scana

So neato guys. So not only will I capture the races and post them to Youtube, but I will also be streaming live video during the events.

Cool!
 
Back