SCANA | Pre-Season Tuning Test

PSN: ScooterMcScoots

I am very interested in getting into a competitive, clean, racing league for GT5. I was an active member of FSReal Racing for over 2 years until they got outrageous with the pricing and all of the normal drivers dropped out.
 
Welcome Scooter,

See you Tuesday night, and I hope SCANA is all you expect it to be. Please read the original post to get all the information you need to drive in our tuning test.

Chad
 
Good luck tomorrow. I'll watch it live depending on time. So you'll have at least 1 follower.👍
 
Streaming live vids is way ahead of the curve on the awesome scale!
 
Nice vid. PD should really tone down the slipstream. Also, how about an option for restrictor plates?
 
Good luck tomorrow. I'll watch it live depending on time. So you'll have at least 1 follower.👍

Thank you for the support! Its my first go tomorrow night. I hope it does smooth! :)

Streaming live vids is way ahead of the curve on the awesome scale!

Thank you!

Nice vid. PD should really tone down the slipstream. Also, how about an option for restrictor plates?

No options for restrictor plates. So I have address that issue of the huge slip stream by reducing the final gear speed. We have test it, and it seemed to fix the huge gains in the straights. It is MUCH harder to pass without 230 MPH speed on straights.

Thanks for the support again.

Chad
 
Looks great! Looking forward to tomorrow.
 
I'd like to get in on this. PSN = JoeOfTheFire

I'll probably be using my #20, and I recognise the image in the OP as the start of our 100 lap race from just over a week ago 👍

Edit: Are we allowed to tune the car outside of the top speed and aero specifications listed, such as the suspension settings?
 
Looks great! Looking forward to tomorrow.

Me too, I prob won't sleep tonight! lol

I'd like to get in on this. PSN = JoeOfTheFire

I'll probably be using my #20, and I recognise the image in the OP as the start of our 100 lap race from just over a week ago 👍

That image is rocking. Good shot! Thanks, and I will see you tomorrow. I know 12 is late for you, but I look forward to seeing you.
 
Edit: Are we allowed to tune the car outside of the top speed and aero specifications listed, such as the suspension settings?

I have another question in addition to that one, how do we find the online room? Do you post the room number here?
 
I have another question in addition to that one, how do we find the online room? Do you post the room number here?

Outside of my required specs for tuning, you can do whatever you want to the car.

I have not gotten into the practice of posting the room number. I just reply on people adding me via PSN, and then joining my lounge. So far I have not gotten any comments or complains from my current plan.
 
Sign me up please.
 
Does the league have any plans in place to figure out a way to lower the speeds of the NASCAR cars to more realistic speeds?
 
Outside of my required specs for tuning, you can do whatever you want to the car.

I have not gotten into the practice of posting the room number. I just reply on people adding me via PSN, and then joining my lounge. So far I have not gotten any comments or complains from my current plan.

Ah ok. 👍 Added you on PSN.

Also, I really need to try and find money for a headset.
 
Sign me up please.

See you there

Does the league have any plans in place to figure out a way to lower the speeds of the NASCAR cars to more realistic speeds?

At the moment, due to restrictions, we cannot do any more to reduce the speed of the cars. Final Gear Speed, Aero and Tires are all we have.

The gears are very restrictive, because you cannot even adjust each individual gear yet.

Aero, doesn't do much for us at Daytona, the speeds did not slow down with full Aero.

Tires, well Intermediate tires are rain tires, and wear too fast. Also they are the kind of tire I think feels the most realistic.

So we are really stuck. Just wait for updates and DLC...We will see.

Then there is NTG:2011... Which is also a possibility in the future.

Ah ok. 👍 Added you on PSN.

Also, I really need to try and find money for a headset.

Yes you do. Maybe I will add a prize to the first race of SCANA. Headset for PS3!

See you there Joe.
 
Last edited:
Double post..
 
I guess without a 15th driver spot taken I could join? i'll have more time today. ( If i don't procrastinate during school on my computer... 💡 )
 
Its yours.... See you tonight.
 
I found my Bluetooth headset on Amazon for 13 bucks. Works fine.
 
Lowering my top speed to the compulsory 224 mph has improved my laptimes by a good 1/2 to 3/4 of a second (my fastest time without drafting using the online recommended stock cars was a 43.096, and my current fastest lap in free run in practice is a 42.593 with room for improvement), despite hitting the limiter at 214 mph >_>

Though of course laptimes while drafting will be slower than without the limit 👍

EDIT: Never mind all that, my times were faster because its a differently set up car to the online ones, and has had an oil change :dunce:
 
Last edited:
Thought I signed up for this, don't see my name.

Anyhow, I'd like to participate as well. I don't have a headset, but provided I can enter, I may pick one up this afternoon.

I've also got Daytona test information I posted in the Nascar in GT5 thread. It worked well for single cars, fairly realistic speeds, I never had a chance to run in a pack with it though, so I can't comment on what it would have done with a train of cars pushing.

GTP_LSX
 
LSX
Thought I signed up for this, don't see my name.

Anyhow, I'd like to participate as well. I don't have a headset, but provided I can enter, I may pick one up this afternoon.

I've also got Daytona test information I posted in the Nascar in GT5 thread. It worked well for single cars, fairly realistic speeds, I never had a chance to run in a pack with it though, so I can't comment on what it would have done with a train of cars pushing.

GTP_LSX

Maybe you will get in. Good Luck.

The required gear speed will slow you down a lot. It is much harder to make a pass.
 
How will I know if I've gotten in?

What was the idea with signing up on the Scana page for? I thought it was for this.
 
The game will most likely not let you in the room if it is full.

These are Pre-season events.. open to anyone. Sign up on the scana webpage is a way for me to mass contact all interested parties when we start the qualifier.

Sign up here, for these events gauges participation.

Chad
 
hey guys. this sounds great. ill would like to sign up.

Fight-Test

I only race nascar with the best group on running anwhere from 75 to 200 laps every night. but we don't race with boost off or damange on high so im looking for more sim racing. im outta town all week but be back friday and on all weekend. i will be able to play anytime after this friday.
 
How would I join the room if it were not full, isn't it private anyway? I sent you a request on PSN by the way.
 
My tuning skills were cutting it fine; I've only just found a setup that I'm OK with. :) Don't forget about accepting my PSN request too 👍
 
Any open spots? I never got the invite.
 
Back