SCANA | Week 1 | The Gran Turismo 500[RESULTS]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chadwicksracing

SCANA Creator
Premium
Messages
1,614
United States
South Florida,
Messages
Chadwicksracing & Racecleanstupid
EDIT: I made a error in the date. The race is this weekend. The 29th.




EVENT: The Gran Turismo 500

WHERE: ONLINE PRIVATE LOBBY RACE [PSN: Chadwicksracing | My Lounge]

PRACTICE TIME: SATURDAY JANUARY 29TH, 2011 @ 7:00PM EST [00:00 GMT]

QUALIFYING TIME: SATURDAY JANUARY 29TH, 2011 @ 7:15-7:20PM EST [00:00 GMT]

RACE TIME: JANUARY 29TH, 2011 @ 7:30PM EST [00:30 GMT]

Time? http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/florida/ ADD 5 hours to this time if are you on GMT!

A HEADSET IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

​

Races Streaming Live!
Watch us Live, starting at 7:00pm! Follow this link to get to SCANA's channel. http://www.livestream.com/scana


EVENT INFORMATION:

Description: Week 1.
Track: Daytona International Speedway
Length: 200 Laps - Red Flag on Lap 101 - 5 Minute Break
Car: Your Designated Qualifier car
Tires: Racing Hard Tires
Qualifying: 15 mins before event.
Start Type: Standing Start with 1 Caution Pace Lap; We take the green on lap 2! Double File Green Flag restarts.
Mechanical Damage: Light
Pitting: Yes, Speed Limit is 55 MPH
Pace Car: Speed Limit is 70 MPH(112.65 km/h)

TUNING SETTINGS
There are no required settings for this race.

*This can change at anytime, please check settings often.

VIABILITY & MAP:
  • FIXED TO CAR MAP is required to be on your HUD
  • Set the distance between 1-2
  • WATCH FOR FELLOW DRIVERS! USE THE MAP TO HELP YOU SEE WHERE OTHER DRIVERS ARE AT


CAUTIONS RULES:
  • ONLY MULTI-CAR accidents will bring out the caution.
  • Single Spins WILL NOT BRING OUT THE CAUTION. Be fore warned. If you are NOT endangering other drivers, a caution will NOT come out for you.
  • When you spin [single car], move as best as you can off the racing line.
  • Cautions Last 2 Laps. Example, if the caution comes out on lap 3, then we take the green flag going into lap 5.
  • When there are 3 laps to go, and if a caution exists; the feild will be required to enter a RED FLAG state. The field will remain in a red flag state until all other drivers are caught up.

Other Rules:
http://gt5-scana.net/rules

MEMBERS:

1. Chadwicksacing* | Fusion #99 Carl Edwards
2. Gtuuk* | Camry #11 Denny Hamlin
3. Stormtrooper2178 | Impala #24 Jeff Gordon
4. Xx__1c3man__xX | Camry #83 Brian Vickers
5. DrifterJoe | Impala #48 Jimmie Johnson
6. bbcnascar2 | Impala #14 Tony Stewart
7. Welda | Impala #88 Dale
8. GTP_Fuzzy |
9. timber-rattler | Impala #42 Juan Pablo Montoya
10. NitrouStang96 | Fusion #43 AJ Allmendinger
11. sped1966 |
12. OPEN TO RACE IN
13. OPEN TO RACE IN
14. OPEN TO RACE IN
15. OPEN TO RACE IN
16. OPEN TO RACE IN

*Race Admin


POINTS SYSTEM
1. 15 pts
2. 14 pts
3. 13 pts
4. 12 pts
5. 11 pts
6. 10 pts
7. 8 pts
8. 7 pts
9. 6 pts
10. 5 pts
11. 4 pts
12. 3 pts
13. 2 pts
14. 1 pt
15. 1 pt
16. 1 pt

Pole Position: 1 pt

Additional Information:

Website: http://gt5-scana.net

SCANA - Stock Car Association of North America, Gran Turismo 5 Nascar league, comprised of four tiers.

Impala #14 Tony Stewart NASCAR '10 - bbcnascar2
Impala #24 Jeff Gordon NASCAR '10 - Stormtrooper

Impala #48 Jimmie Johnson NASCAR '10 - JoeOfTheFire
Impala #88 Dale Earnhardt, Jr. NASCAR '10 - Welda
Fusion #43 AJ Allmendinger NASCAR '10 - NitrouStang96
Fusion #99 Carl Edwards NASCAR '10 - Chadwicksracing
Camry #11 Denny Hamlin NASCAR '10 - Gtuuk
Camry #83 Brian Vickers NASCAR '10 - Xx__1c3man__xX
 
Last edited:
RESULTS


POINTS STANDING



Infractions & Warnings

Warning - GTP_bbcnascar2

I. Racing
7. When blocking you are not allowed to make sudden changes of direction. The following driver must be given enough time to react and avoid you depending on his closing speed. You are allowed to only make one blocking move per straight. Weaving across the track to block someone or break a draft is not allowed.

**This counts as strike 1 , I will not take points this time. **

Warning - Timber-rattler

Certain ovals have an "out of bounds" line. You are not allowed to put two tires below this line. You are not allowed to advance your position over any car on the track below this line. If you are forced below this line and you advance your position, you must give the position back before the end of the lap.

**This counts as strike 1 , I will not take points this time. **
 
Last edited:
So you want to race into this weeks event? You can do so by posting your PSN and interest into this thread. There are 5 places available. If there are more than 5 interested parties we will have a shoot out race 10 laps before the main race.

Camry #18 Kyle Busch NASCAR '10
Impala #24 Jeff Gordon NASCAR '10
Camry #20 Joey Logano NASCAR '10
Impala #42 Juan Pablo Montoya NASCAR '10
Camry #20 Joey Logano NASCAR '10 - Gamestop Version

SIGN UP TO RACE IN - ^ Choose one of those cars to use ^

1. M-Stall41
2. ScooterMcScoots
3. kroxsox
4. Knelly
5. MustangRyan
6. Nascarfans09
7. sw_sephiroth
8.

According to sign ups, there will be a race in shoot out before the 200 laps.
 
Last edited:
Oh Yeah!!!
 
A race every two weekends sounds fantastic! I'll be there with a #24 Impala. If that's taken i'll buy the Dale Jr. #88. See ya on the 5th!
 
A race every two weekends sounds fantastic! I'll be there with a #24 Impala. If that's taken i'll buy the Dale Jr. #88. See ya on the 5th!

See you then. And please try to practice with us this week. We will help you with a setup. 👍

Chad
 
Sounds good
 
Last edited:
Not to mention, a logo for the race would be sweet. :D
 
Hey Welda I would like to use the #14,are you set in stone that you want that car?
 
I'd like to fill one of the Race-In spots!

PSN: M-Stall41

Also, I'd like to drive the #20 GameStop
 
Hey Welda I would like to use the #14,are you set in stone that you want that car?


You are entitled to that car. Welda will have to pick another.


I'd like to fill one of the Race-In spots!

PSN: M-Stall41

Also, I'd like to drive the #20 GameStop

Once everyone picks their cars, I will provide a list of cars outside drivers can choose. Stand-by
 
Thank you
 
Last edited:
well I guess the 88 will have to be my next choice.
 
Can u add ScooterMcScoots to the list also?

His car selection, if available, would be Kyle Busch's #18 car...
 
Last edited:
I'll take the # 42 car.
 
I'd like to compete for a race-in spot as well.

PSN: kroxsox
Car: Joey Logano #20
 
I got everyone right?

This is looking good. We might have a full field for the 500 mile race.

Chad
 
Add me in please Chad, I'll proudly take Kyle's #18 if that is ok.

Look forward to meeting you all there. :)
 
I PM'ed you last week, and am still interested in participating. I am willing to race my way in using any car number available, with a slight preference to number 42, since I already have that one.
 
Last edited:
Is it possible for me to get into the race via pace car? Im not much of a stock car racer but I do enjoy watching it.
 
Can u add ScooterMcScoots to the list also?

His car selection, if available, would be Kyle Busch's #18 car...

Hi Chad, can you confirm whether I will be able to drive #18 or not, as I did not see this first time round. Thanks, and can confirm will definately be there.
 
Wow! 200 laps? :)

I wonder how long that'll take. 2-3 hours?
 
Hi Chad, can you confirm whether I will be able to drive #18 or not, as I did not see this first time round. Thanks, and can confirm will definately be there.

Unfortunately any outside drivers will share cars. So you can drive the #18 if you want. No problem.

Wow! 200 laps? :)

I wonder how long that'll take. 2-3 hours?

We did 100 laps with FND = 1 Hr 20 mins. This should take 3 to 3 1/2 Hours.


Is it possible for me to get into the race via pace car? Im not much of a stock car racer but I do enjoy watching it.

I would love to have a pace car. However, we do not have room for one. If you want to watch us, I do stream the races live. http://livestream.com/scana
 
this is gonna be a long weekend of tona im sticking to indy and other tracks on the list till then
 
Chad / Gtuuk, I was racing with you (Gtuuk) last night around Indy and changed my settings for the course.

However, I omitted to wrtite down my Daytona settings before changing :ouch: and wonder if you could refresh my memory as to what they should be, as racing in Stormtroopers 100 lapper tonight.

Thanks in advance.
 
Chad / Gtuuk, I was racing with you (Gtuuk) last night around Indy and changed my settings for the course.

However, I omitted to wrtite down my Daytona settings before changing :ouch: and wonder if you could refresh my memory as to what they should be, as racing in Stormtroopers 100 lapper tonight.

Thanks in advance.

WHen you meet up with Gtuuk tonight he will be able to help you. I might try to make it to stormtroopers event tonight.
 
Thanks for the reply, and the PM Chad, and will likely catch up with Gtuuk later to fine tune from what you have given.

May see you later on.
 
PRACTICE MY LOUNGE 6PM EST - We will discuss setups and strategy for the 200 lapper
 
PRACTICE MY LOUNGE 6PM EST - We will discuss setups and strategy for the 200 lapper

See you in 5 hours Chad. 👍 I finally got round to wearing in my #48, and it's surprisingly good. I can do 43.8xx laps round Indy on racing softs, which is 0.2xx quicker than my best lap in my #43.
 
Excellent, see you later although may only be able to stay around for an hour or so, as that's 23:00 here.

I presume although I use #18 as my competition car, I can use any car tonight, as it's a practice / strategy / setup night?

I keep #18 in pristine condition with oil / engine etc all in perfect order.

See thee later.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back