SCANA | Week 1 | The Gran Turismo 500[RESULTS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was spinning because you dove under me and cant hold a line so you washed up into my rear quarter panel....Watch the replay. I wasnt going to say anything, because rubbin is racing. But for a guy who knows he is on a controler and knows that he has had several warnings throughout the night, to dive under somebody like that????I race with a wheel and I would not have tried that move untill the last lap....I think that I give too much and am definetly going to change my driving habits. Chad, In my honest opinion though, for this to be a fun experience I think players on controlers have no place racing in this league.....I know you are just trying to fill rooms but I am not sure if I could do that again with a few drivers from last night.

Edit: Timber informed me it was him in the other #42 car.....I thought everybody was supposed to have diff cars??? again I am sorry. But am still glad to hear you will be on a wheel next week.
 
Last edited:
I was spinning because you dove under me and cant hold a line so you washed up into my rear quarter panel....Watch the replay. I wasnt going to say anything, because rubbin is racing. But for a guy who knows he is on a controler and knows that he has had several warnings throughout the night, to dive under somebody like that????I race with a wheel and I would not have tried that move untill the last lap....I think that I give too much and am definetly going to change my driving habits. Chad, In my honest opinion though, for this to be a fun experience I think players on controlers have no place racing in this league.....I know you are just trying to fill rooms but I am not sure if I could do that again with a few drivers from last night.

If you got spun out in turn 4, it wasn't by me. I was well behind the turn 4 accident, and was simply trying to get through the two cars that were done spinning out of turn four and were sitting in the middle of the track. For the next race, I will definitely drag out and setup the DFGT.
 
Well if it was not you I apoligize...it was a red car and I might of assumed it was you because of the previous 198 laps....Like I said Rubbin is Racing. This ends here for me Just wanted to clear the air. I am glad to hear you are going to be on a wheel next week:)
 
That was me that wrecked with you welda. Not sure what caused it until I see the replay so I'm not going to comment until I do. Its hard for me to remember exactly what happened in the heat of the moment. If it was my fault I apologize in advance and it would have been unintentional. If it was yours I know it was unintentional as well. I just hate we got together. It was a great race to participate in.
 
Skip- I dont know what realy happend either, but it is over for me....I just know I am going to change my driving style a little. it is just tought to run in the top three for three hours and not even have a shot on the last lap....if that would of happend then it would have been a little easier to swallow.... I was in second pushing the leader and feel I got dumped with a whole lap still to race...not saying it was intentional, but just a bad time to take when a simple lift of the throttle would have solved the whole thing.
 
I'm learning from you guys every session and am learning alot fast. I will admit to being a rookie to online racing . I got to run 1 FND race and practiced with you guys 4 or 5 times and thats pretty much the extent of my online racing experience in this or any racing game. The other times I showed up I got d'ced. So if it was my fault (which we will know when the replay airs), I will make corrections. I;m here to get better and learn and be some good competion. I want to race clean and be raced clean like everybody else here. I am learning more eveytime I'm out there. Like I said If it was my fault , sorry for it and I will improve.
 
I think that I give too much and am definetly going to change my driving habits.

Quote of the day.

I've said this exactly a few times myself, but if you look at the points you'll see that taking some shots won't hurt a guy who is consistent - which you are. I'd rather keep it reserved and make sure no one feels wronged by me. This is also pretty much a Daytona-only issue.

That said, if it's the last 3 laps and you're not on top of the yellow line, guess where my nose is going to be... :)
 
Everyone should be able to hold the car in a 1-1.5 car wide line through the corners at Daytona before you even dream of trying to get a run on a guy who can run a line and would give you room to run yours. It's not sportsmanlike to, even accidentally, continuously contact other cars because you don't have the same level of car control.
 
Everyone should be able to hold the car in a 1-1.5 car wide line through the corners at Daytona before you even dream of trying to get a run on a guy who can run a line and would give you room to run yours. It's not sportsmanlike to, even accidentally, continuously contact other cars because you don't have the same level of car control.

Nitrous.....Exactly the way I feel.
 
I am working on the replay as I type. I have decided only to capture the last 50 laps. I will do my best to get Nitro's and Welda's incident.

After I review it, then I will comment on all of your posts.

Chad
 
I remember going into corner 1... next thing I remember is facing the infield wall with no power over my car. Seriously. I believe my brain deemed it too painful to remember :)
 
ETA on those videos will be around 15 hours to upload and process. You can view them tomorrow.

Incident Involving Knelly - Lap 199 Turn 4 - You were caught in a wreck which forced you into the pits. Unlucky, yes. However, the caution was not out at that time. We did not call a caution for the last two laps. Sorry. 10th Place Stands

Incident Involving Nitro - Lap 199 Turn 1 & 2 - The number 11, [Gtuuk] Bumped you, which I can assume was speed. He must have hit you wrong, but that cause you to wreck. It is a racing incident. No warnings or infractions, because it would be wrong of me to penalize for him doing it on lap 199, when we all did it the entire race. 👍

Incident Involving Welda - Lap 199 Turn 4 - Timber-rattle was on the inside of you. He was pasing you below the yellow line. But you came a crossed his front quarter panel. That is a racing incident. A Warning will be given to timber-rattle for attempting to pass below the yellow line.




View the rest of them at my channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/Chadwicksracing
 
Last edited:
No complaints here. Indy will inevitably be cleaner, smoother, faster.
 
Your view of the replay isnt correct chad in noway am I complaining but watch the 18 car tag the 2 of us I prolly had a foot or 2 in between nitro and my self and the next thing I knew I was 20 feet in the air after being hit into the wall. To me it was a last lap shootout and it was gonna happen. Watch between 29 sec and 31 sec In the first video and you will see the 18 car sideways as well. Again this is just me view of what happened as my name was brought into it. It was 3 wide Its gonna happen
 
Last edited:
EDIT: gtuuk and I posted at the same time...
--------------------------------------------

I can see from the video it was the m&m car coming all the way up and tagging my rear quarter. I remember that now, and I certainly didn't remember it being gtuuk.

I would have continued if my car was at all mobile :)
 
Last edited:
I will be careful not to go below the yellow from now on. If I had 2 tires below the line I can see why welda came down,, There really wasnt room for my car down there and he didnt expect there to be a car down there. My fault welda sorry. Seat time with you guys is what I need,,,,,, and Im getting what I need to get better.
 
ETA on those videos will be around 15 hours to upload and process. You can view them tomorrow.

Incident Involving Knelly - Lap 199 Turn 4 - You were caught in a wreck which forced you into the pits. Unlucky, yes. However, the caution was not out at that time. We did not call a caution for the last two laps. Sorry. 10th Place Stands

http://www.youtube.com/user/Chadwicksracing

Not had chance to watch the vid yet, but will later on this evening. However, your decision is entirely accepted. Let's hope I place better at Indy (need to put some laps in first though)
 
Your view of the replay isnt correct chad in noway am I complaining but watch the 18 car tag the 2 of us I prolly had a foot or 2 in between nitro and my self and the next thing I knew I was 20 feet in the air after being hit into the wall. To me it was a last lap shootout and it was gonna happen. Watch between 29 sec and 31 sec In the first video and you will see the 18 car sideways as well. Again this is just me view of what happened as my name was brought into it. It was 3 wide Its gonna happen

Its hard for me to tell, but you bumped and everyone started to go sideways right at that point. Whether the #18 caught Nitro, then you bumped him to finish them off im not 100% sure. But its what I looks like to me. I wish I had a better view of it. But with no rewind or other replay views I got to go with my first impression.

You're all good, its just racing.

I just keep looking at it, and I can't tell... I looked it again, but it "looks" like the #18 was bumped himself by someone else in the low line. Then collected you guys. I dunno lol

I will be careful not to go below the yellow from now on. If I had 2 tires below the line I can see why welda came down,, There really wasnt room for my car down there and he didnt expect there to be a car down there. My fault welda sorry. Seat time with you guys is what I need,,,,,, and Im getting what I need to get better.

Mostly that is the case, he might have drifted up in the turn and you tried to take advantage of it. Which is fine to do, but stay above the yellow line. Also calling out, "inside Welda" might help in the future. ;)


Not had chance to watch the vid yet, but will later on this evening. However, your decision is entirely accepted. Let's hope I place better at Indy (need to put some laps in first though)

You can't see your car, but you can see a car go into the pits on the map in the replay. Either way you got screwed because A. you were in the wreck, and B there were no more cautions.
 
Chad, I've watched the reply and now I'm actually angry. If it was a racing incident that caused me to come tenth, no problem, but it's actually a game glitch.

You can see me get tagged by Welda I think, but have no problem with that at all, and get taken down off the track but gain complete control of the car to start moving back up onto the track. My momentum takes me to crossing (just) the pit line, where it decides to place me backwards to the beginning of the pit lane. You can actually see my arrow jump backwards.

If that does not happen I finish comfortably third.

Again, I stand by your decision, and if was a racing incident, fully accepted, but you can see from the arrow that I had full control of my car.

Cheers mate ... rant over (but not the fury :grumpy:)
 
"You Win Some. You Lose Some. You Wreck Some."
 
We are beating a dead horse here. On to next week.


Closed
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back