SCC Old Timer Event - 1972 Ferrari 365 GTS4 Spyder - Sun, Jan 17 - 20:00 GMT

  • Thread starter Thread starter jjaisli
  • 147 comments
  • 9,199 views
Bloody hell, I'm an idiot. I edited my original post on the 1st page instead of my final post with race results! ARGH!

Anyway, here it is again, so as not to confuse anybody:

Supercar Challenge - Old Timer Event - 1972 Ferrari 365 GTS4 Spyder - Sunday, January 17th, 2010 - Race Results

Once again, a big thanks to all those who took part in the 365 GTS/4 event. In this case, a few less people showed up than I assumed would and many people who wanted to be included in the event weren't on-line during the race. I'm assuming they either forgot or had plans elsewhere. I purposely didn't do much promotion for the last few days both in this thread and by way of PSN messages since the last race was pushing the limit and I had people asking for invites when the lobby was full. This time, we never had more than 10 people in the lobby (although both Bullie & Turnupdaheat had trouble connecting.) Really a shame.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Race No 1 : VIR - 15 Laps - Dry - 2 Lap Qualifying to Precede the Race

Qualifying went much better this time. That is to say, I assume it did. A little domestic disturbance on my one and only flying lap meant I would be relegated to the back of the field. Or so I thought. When the race started, I was rather confused to see I was starting from pole position. I wasn't sure what to do. I had my mic back in the charger and I would have had to get up to reach it. And lining up again would have meant an additional qualifying run which would have been unfair to everybody. And I had no way of knowing who else had a 'red' lap in qualifying. So I just took it but felt a bit ill at east with this decision.

Simcoeace was behind me and made a pass up the inside going into the uphill braking zone before the sharp uphill right hander. I was able to slice back inside behind him, tapping him a bit in the process and making a little contact with Alan behind me. At that point, I was a little confused and wasn't sure if there was another car on my right rear quarter and stuck hard to the left before realizing I was in the clear. Alan was able to get by with a great inside slip stream and pass down the main straight. I tried to give him room into the braking zone and probably over did it, nearly running wide myself

Going through the esses, mhm66 was able to get by me when I went a bit off line before the last double right hander before the main straight. After Henrik got by, chilledant tried to stick his nose up the inside, we made contact, I got a bit off line and couldn't brake for the corner in time and most of the field got by. But realistically, I never should have been in that position to begin with so I didn't fight it. And either way it was just a racing incident.

From that point on, I was able to watch the battle between SimcoeAce and Hun200kmh and at one point, I was able to capitalize on a mistake by Mario and get around him. One thing I'm really at a loss to understand is how I overshot the braking zone for the uphill right hander, allowing Mario to get by again. If you watch the video (publishing later tonight or tomorrow) you can clearly see I brake at exactly the same spot and yet somehow I completely overshoot the braking zone. I'm not in anybody's draft, I'm not off-line, I'm just at a loss to understand it. But from that point on, I just couldn't get close enough to Mario to challenge him again, slowly falling behind here or there after a few mistakes.

Mario managed to get by SimcoeAce and I finished the race about 3.5 seconds behind Biggles. Well done to the top four who all put in very impressive lap times.

Results:
1. AlanG184 - 1:43:16 - 25 points
2. new_soul - 1:43:14 - 21 points *FL
3. mhm66 - 1:43:62 - 16 points
4. ChilledAnt - 1:43:60 - 13 points
5. GTP_Hun - 1:44:32 - 11 points
6. Simcoeace - 1:45.62 - 10 points
7. jjaisli - 1:45:29 - 9 points
8. drivatar - 1:50:77 - 8 points
9. sheffield-untied - RTD (but awarded 7 points based on 70% race distance completed)


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Race No 2 : Silverstone - 15 Laps - WET - Reverse Grid from the Previous Race

Starting 3rd on the grid at Silverstone, I had a good start and was able to get by both Drivatar and sheffield-united going into copse. I was thrilled to be able to maintain this lead for the first 2 minutes, before a hard charging mhm66 was able to get by me into Abbey. Silverstone has never been one of my favorite tracks and I knew I would probably struggle for pace here. But what I wasn't counting on was braking for Abbey on lap 4, at the same place I was the lap before, and understeering right off the road, allowing AlanG and Hun200kmh to get by me. I was really pretty angry with myself but, what can you do. I saw new_soul behind me and realized it was probably only a matter of time before he caught me and it proved to be the case. I could almost match him when I was putting in good laps (I had several laps in the low 2:27s but they were all red) but more often than not, a small mistake or a bad line here or there allowed him to make up about 2+ seconds/lap on me. Not much else to say about this race. Most of it I spent running on my own and I was just happy when it was over.

Results:
1. mhm66 - 2:26.44 - 25 points
2. AlangG184 - 2:25.88 - 21 points
3. GTP_Hun - 2:26:49 - 16 points
4. new_soul - 2:26:04 - 13 points
5. jjaisli - 2:28:47 - 11 points
6. simcoeace - 2:30:60 - 10 points
7 drivatar - 2:34:80 - 9 points
8 sheffield-united - RTD



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Race No 3 : Redwood Park (Montreal) - 15 Laps - Dry - 2 Lap Qualifying to Precede the Race

Qualifying seemed to go pretty well this time, although it did appear to take an awfully long time to build the gap. I wasn't thrilled with my lap but I guess considering the way this race turned out, I shouldn't be surprised. Once upon a time, I was actually pretty quick at Montreal. Perhaps it's the pressure to perform at what I see as one of my better tracks but I seem to have botched this race badly, the last few times I've raced here both in SCC and FC. Or at least lets say, when the race counts.

New_soul generously waited for the field to go by at the start in order to put the 'grid' back in proper order. From there, the race just didn't go as planned. My pace wasn't bad but my race was just marred by a series of small errors. And ultimately, I wasn't able to achieve the kind of lap times I wanted. Although I was able to get several laps into the mid 2:00s, all of them were red so it matters very little. It's a shame considering my 'race' pace was nearly .6 seconds beyond what I know I'm capable of. And instead, of eating into his lead, I saw Hun200kmh continuously pull away.

Eventually new_soul was able to get around me and kept it there for 2 laps. He made a mistake on the final lap and braked late at the hairpin and I was able to come up the inside. I didn't realize he was that close to me and I think I squeezed him a little bit :ouch: and from there we ran side by side, with my car slightly ahead and on the right side of the track, all the way down the back straight. About 200m from the braking zone, I could see I was just ahead of him and decided to move to the left to get a better line into the final chicane. But as I did so, our cars made contact (lag issue) :sick: and I saw new_soul hit the wall. I felt very badly about this and realized it probably looked to new_soul that I had tried to either squeeze him or perhaps even deliberately push him into the wall and I assure you that was not my intention. I then slowed down to allow him to take the lead but I was still ahead at the chicane. I tried to go wide because I wasn't sure exactly where he was and got a penalty. It look like at the end, new_soul was trying to slow down for me but I didn't want to take it and allowed him to claim 4th place. Perhaps he has a different take on this incident but that's how I saw it and I thought it was only right to allow him to cross the line first.

Ironically, even though he crossed the line at least a second in front of me, the game awarded the victory to me.

picture.php


So to me it was clear there was a lag/timing issue between us and that was probably responsible for the incident on the final lap when I tried to move in front of him.

1. AlanG184 - 1:59:34 - 26 points (a new track record?)
2. mhm66 - 2:00:80 - 20 points
3. GTP_Hun - 2:00:69 - 16 points
4. new_soul - 2:00.54 - 13 points
5. jjaisli - 2:01:10 - 11 points
6. Simcoeace - 2:02:00 - 10 points
7. Ghost_dice - 2:02:02 - 9 points
8. Drivatar - 2:04:42 - 8 points *
9. GTP_bullie77 - 2:06.18 - 7 points *


* Unless I'm mistaken, Drivatar and Bullie also commented that their positions were reversed at the finish line.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Final Results:

Back to the top. Proving that random or reverse grids matter little during longer events, AlanG returns to the sweet spot on the podium, with the wind full in his hair.


1. AlanG184 - 72 points
2. mhm66 - 61 points
3. new_soul - 47 points
4. GTP_Hun - 43 points
5. jjaisli - 31 points
6. SimcoeAce - 30 points*
7. drivatar - 25 points
8. ChilledAnt - 13 points **
9. Ghost_Dice - 9 points **
10. GTP_Bullie - 7 points **
11. sheffield-unted 7 points

* Age adjusted = 1,168 points and over-all victory
** took part in only 1 round




Once again, I hope everybody enjoyed themselves and was able to appreciate the 'spirit' of these events and the manner in which they are intended. For the time being, I have to put any future events on temporary hold until I can sort my schedule out. I'll post some video as soon as it's available. Although my camera ran out about 1/2 way through Montreal (unfortunate) and the quality is just awful. :yuck:


Waiting for the race to start ~ 19:30 hrs - "RACE CONTROL" ;)

picture.php
 
Last edited:
Some weird stuff going on with the qualifying, because at VIR not only was Jeff at the front of the grid, but I was second, even though I believe I was 4th or 5th in qualifying. In any case, it didn't make much difference as the "elite" racers went cruising by before too long, leaving me to fight it out with Mario & Jeff. We had a really nice battle over the remaining laps - I really enjoy VIR because it's a track that demands total concentration - keeping your speed up while avoiding the grass is a real challenge. After Mario slipped pst me, I was waiting for Mario to make a little mistake but he kept it together to the end, not giving me any opportunity to catch him.

Silverstone was a disaster for me - I obviously need to practice more in the wet, because I was way off the pace & just ended up slipping further & further behind. This was a long, lonely & tiring race with nobody in sight for most of the time, either in front or behind me.

Montreal went reasonably well for the first few laps, but I gradually lost touch with the lead group. After that the only excitement was battling over a few laps to keep a hard-charging new_soul behind me. He eventually got close enough to draft me on the back straight & just pull ahead on the approach to the chicane. I could tell that it was a bad move on his part (I've done it myself in the past) as it left him with too much speed going through the chicane & he ended up drawing a penalty. I kind of felt bad for him ... but not really! Over the next couple of laps new_soul crept up behind me again & when I stupidly picked up a penalty at the same spot, new_soul went steaming by me, but by now way too far behind to catch the leaders.

It was a shame bullie & turnupdaheat couldn't stay in the lobbies, but overall the racing seemed to be much more successful this time around. There was very little bumping in the first lap of each race & even though the qualifying didn't work 100%, it did seem to keep the fastest racers together resulting in fairer & closer racing.
 
hi all thanks for the racing last night it was a disaster for me (iam way off your lap times) i need to practice a lot more. (it could be my age that getting in the way, at 45 i dont seem to react as quick) lame excuse but it worth a try.. i just cant get the braking right, i think iam pressing too hard on the pedal. i might have a go at messing with the in game settings on the brake pedal. any help on braking would be appreciated. big thanks to jeff for running the event.
psn= sheffield_united catch you all later... steve..
 
Hi guys!

Jeff thanks again for putting up a new event. Hope you get your schedule worked out as soon as possible so we can have a few more races. I hope also that your wife doesn't beat you up too badly for loosing her car keys (although I bet it would be deserved...):sly:

Yes, me and drivatar had our positions mixed up. It was a quite interesting race back there on the pack-snails (that would've been me and drivatar). for all the 15 laps we never go too far away from each other, although I did get on front for the most of the race. However my tow last laps we're a tragedy of stupid mistakes (being overlapped by Alan caused me to loose my focuses, without any reason to it) so eventually, on the hairpin on the last corner (dramatical, isn't it?) drivatar passed me. I did managed to stick to his tail right to the chicane but I misjudged my braking point so I Hit him hard on the back making us both to run off track and getting penalized. I waited for him to recover from it and just followed him to finish line. Surprisingly the game would placed me in 8th and drivatar 9th. I've noticed also that the game gave him a longer total race time than it did to me. Strange...
 
Hi all
Had a great time yesterday.Great races and very clean.
VIR was the best race with me chilli and new-soul battleing
it out over 7 laps or so.

Silverstone
Had a good start from 6th passing 5 cars before turn 1.Overtook jeff at the end of lap 1 and after that ran alone for the rest of the race.I had mario in 2th but i was a little faster so my lead got
bigger.after alan took 2th he put in some pretty fast laps gradualy eating at my lead.In the end he was 4-5 sec after.

Redwood park
Had a great battle with mario in the first 2-3 laps.I passed him and was in 2th with alan going much faster than me,so there was nothing i could do.

Thanks jeff for putting this together.It was fun but a little lonely at some points.

p.s
I have video of the first 2 races(ran out of battery before the last race)
I will try to upload them to youtube now
They are not great because it's filmed with a ipod and i didn't have time
to find a good place to put it.hope it goes well.
 
Last edited:
hi guys, sorry but my service provider had problems with there servers,, they all crashed they say..... how frustrating,, i had a great time at virginia,, i was on henrys tail for 13 laps but could not past,, he was pushing new soul, it was a great race to close 3 way battle,, on lap 14 i rain wide at the last turn,, losing that 5 seconds to henry,, i was on the limit,, once again i apologise,, Ant,,
 
I'm glad everybody enjoyed themselves and had a good time. This is after all, the ultimate goal of these events.

I'm posting the first three videos of VIR. I'm not sure anybody will find the 2nd half of video 2 all that interesting, let alone video 3, as there just isn't that much happening and it mainly highlights me, running on my own with no other cars in sight, except for an occasional glimpse of Biggles and Hun battling it out about 3-5 seconds in front of me.

I'm afraid in that sense, having a smaller lobby was a double edged sword. With only 8-10 people, as opposed to 15-16 people, the starts are obviously less chaotic. And it should be said that while the 365GTS4 is no slouch, it's not wicked fast like the 512S. And I think qualifying, though flawed, helped to gap the field a bit. Would things have been more dramatic with 16 people? I'm sure they would have. But probably not like the start of the 512S event.

One thing worth noting was a strange bug that occurred after I lapped drivatar on lap 13 and because I was concentrating hard on catching Biggles, I didn't quite work out what as happening. After I passed him (and I had been catching him rapidly), I noticed at some point, he appeared on the interval timer behind me. Which I thought was strange because the game does not normally show the gap between lapped cars. Anyway, as I was driving hard and concentrating to catch Biggles and was slowly whittling away at his lead, I was shocked to see that Drivatar was also putting down some VERY quick laps and was slowly reeling me back in. I kept thinking, wow, where did he suddenly find that speed from. And when it was <4 seconds I was getting nervous and looked behind me but I couldn't see him. And only then did I realize that it wasn't drivatar's real time at all but a reverse mirror of my time to Biggles in front of me. Chalk up one more bug. :lol:


(it could be my age that getting in the way, at 45 i dont seem to react as quick) lame excuse but it worth a try..

Thanks for joining in Steve. And no, that excuse doesn't cut it, although Biggles has certainly tried it. :) Then again, he has a decade (or two) on you. And by my reckoning, there's one other player who is older than you and another the same age. So we can consider ourselves the 'mid life crisis' crew if you like. Except for some of the 'kids' in their 20s and yours truly who's still grasping hard onto the last straws of his glorious 30s. :sly:


[YOUTUBEhd]<object width="873" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3SNIQfa2AWc&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3SNIQfa2AWc&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="873" height="525"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBEhd]


[YOUTUBEhd]<object width="873" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_6U9ZDCKa7A&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_6U9ZDCKa7A&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="873" height="525"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBEhd]


[YOUTUBEhd]<object width="873" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4wzVNuFrqI8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4wzVNuFrqI8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="873" height="525"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBEhd]
 
Hi jeff
What resolution is your video in.Mine is filmed in 640x480,do I have to convert it?
I'm uploading the first part of VIR now in 320x240.I'll check if it is watchable or else I'll
try with no convertion.

1 part Virginia

 
Last edited:
I have an old SD camcorder. It has problems with color, the image, the focus, you name it. Sometimes I have nothing but black screen. I thought at first it was my digital video tapes so I bought some new ones but it makes no difference. Because of this, the videos look horrible both in original format and more so on YouTube. It won't even let me upload them in HD resolution because the image quality is so bad.
 
Hi jeff
What do i have to do to put the video on here and not just the url?
 
Last edited:
Ahh, I see. Have you already uploaded it to YouTube? If so you need to copy and past the entire 'embedded' link.

If you go to this page: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wzVNuFrqI8 to the right of the video there are 2 URLs, one that just says URL and the other embedded. Click on the embedded one and copy and past the entire huge link. Then make sure after you past it on the forum, you wrap the link in YouTube tags. There's button for it in the forum editor.
 
Last edited:
Silverstone Video - Race II

I will only post the first two as videos 3 (& 2 laps of video 4) are basically just me running on my own and not particularly interesting. If anybody wants to see it, I"ll put them up.


[YOUTUBEhd]<object width="873" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/e1pbDZTO1A0&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/e1pbDZTO1A0&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="873" height="525"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBEhd]


[YOUTUBEhd]<object width="873" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BuNy0V7O8KU&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BuNy0V7O8KU&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="873" height="525"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBEhd]
 
Looks like all the slow drivers were missing yesterday. That meant I was driving lonely in the first two races. At least sheffield-united aka steve30b prevented me from becoming last.:sly:
Luckily bullie77 was able to join the last race so we could entertain us a bit. The first laps were quite close, then I did many stupid mistakes and I lost second after second. Meanwhile I hit bullie77 two times before the final chicane, once really badly because I mixed up the markers on my lowres tv :guilty:
I didn't expect to catch up again but bullie messed up his last laps so I could pass him. Then contact again at the final chicane but this time the other way round.

@jjaisli
At one point I wondered about gap times yesterday, too. But I can't remember details and the event.
 
Thanks for posting the VIR videos Jeff, that battle between Biggles and me, with you sometimes mixing in ... was pure awesomeness! It takes great discipline, and great mutual trust, to go lap after lap so close and without ever (or almost) bumping or causing an accident. Great stuff indeed! 👍 👍 👍
 
Looks like all the slow drivers were missing yesterday. That meant I was driving lonely in the first two races. At least sheffield-united aka steve30b prevented me from becoming last.:sly:
Luckily bullie77 was able to join the last race so we could entertain us a bit.



No worries ,drivatar, hopefully in the next event i will be there racing you and bullie in the back of the pack...this time was impossible for me to attend,but good to see you all had a great time.👍
 
it could be my age that getting in the way, at 45 i dont seem to react as quick

Don't expect to get any sympathy here, steve - they're a heartless bunch - wouldn't even help an old lady across the road.

i might have a go at messing with the in game settings on the brake pedal. any help on braking would be appreciated.

I don't think it's going to make much difference. What counts most is lots & lots of practice, figuring out where to shave off a few 10ths here & there - it all adds up.

I'm afraid in that sense, having a smaller lobby was a double edged sword. With only 8-10 people, as opposed to 15-16 people, the starts are obviously less chaotic. And it should be said that while the 365GTS4 is no slouch, it's not wicked fast like the 512S. And I think qualifying, though flawed, helped to gap the field a bit. Would things have been more dramatic with 16 people? I'm sure they would have. But probably not like the start of the 512S event.

Not only is the 512S a very difficult car to control, Riviera is by far the most problematic track - instead of running off the track out if everyone's way, a mistake at Riviera generally leaves you blocking the track, leading to multiple consequences. Qualifying definitely makes sense as it (theoretically) groups drivers into their appropriate skill levels, making it more likely to have a fair race within each group. If the qualifying can be accomplished fairly, I wonder if it wouldn't be more interesting to have slightly shorter races - say 10 laps - to allow for a bit more variety & less time spent racing alone when things don't quite "work out"?
 
good footage of our race..thanks..
 
Hey Biggles,, yesterday i was a mission from mars,, i was slower than henry in our weakly practice,, so i said to myself, SCREW this,, i did not go online but i need to find about 1 second on the 3 tracks,, so i just hurt it lap after lap,, i found my second plus more,, when i was behind henry at virginia i put him under loads of pressure,, knowing if he makes a mistake i am screwed, for 7 plus laps 2 tenths our less, but just could not pass, so all the practice in the world could not get me past,, when i mad that mistake i knew i did well and was pleased,, also i did make problems 4 myself in quali, i did a bad time,, but started in 4th but should have started in 7th our 8th,, dont know why i started so hi up.... when i found out its my service provider, my heart dropped, i phoned them but was number 1465 in the line,, i knew they had problems then,, remember its one thing to catch but another to pass,, practice makes perfect yes,, but passing at high speed is a different matter even more at virginia, Ant
 
Overall it could be considered the best event so far. It was the cleanest, least collisions, least lag issues etc. Most of all, it was the most difficult and intense so far, for me anyway.

Virginia: Should have been starting 2nd behind NewSoul, but he started well down the field, which was a huge advantage for me. Very difficult to overtake on this circuit. The best place is into turn-1. The problem with this is the big dip after the finish-line, and the kink - possible to lose control here. I think I got pased Simcoe on lap 1, and then I was closely following JJ around the lap with no place to pass. Naturally, I decided to try to get a run through the final corner, but it was the one part of the lap that he suddenly hit Warp 9; came onto the main straight thinking "How did he pull out that gap?". I did my best to keep in the slipstream. I had Henrick right behind me, and I knew I had to prevent him getting in front, so had to block to the right into turn one. Thankfully JJ gave loads of room into that corner which really made the pass much easier. My lap was a white lap. Well done to NewSoul's good lap.

Silverstone: I decided that I would exit turn one in last position. Once it started, that went out the window because there were a couple of bad starts, so I tried to pass a couple of people. I had NewSoul alongside me exiting Copse. I knew I had to get in front of him. Managed to get a couple of places between us. Had a bit of a battle with JJ, Simcoe and Mario. I think I got passed all three. Entering club, braked a fraction later than had ever done before, because I knew I had a couple of people behind and had to make sure I kept the corner. Turned in. Then, thanks to the amazing 16-pixel side-mirror, saw Simcoe coming on the inside, possibly taking a fraction too much speed in. Too late to avoid contact; took a hit, into the penalty zone. Just a racing incident I would say. After that, got passed Mario, and Henrick was way out front; no way to catch him as he was very consistent. 'Drive Of The Race' possibly goes to Mario for that one with a solid 3rd place, as 15 wet laps on that car/circuit it pretty intense, and he equaled or even bettered his practice performances. My lap was a white one.

Redwood: Should have been on pole, as NewSoul revealed he got a red lap. I got the traction down better off the grid and knew I had him into turn one. But after that I saw him letting everyone by, which was a very dignified move. After that I kept it smooth, tried to avoid getting ragged and sliding. Quite early I was a bit surprised hit a 1'59.34, and this was a white lap. I didn't feel it was much different to some of my other fast laps; I did a couple of 59.6x and 59.7x. I think it was the way the car entered the 2nd final chicane; by accident, I got a bit of oversteer on the way in, and it just got the direction change out of the way so quickly, I was on the power, and so much speed out of there. So must have been that. Bit unrealistic though - shouldn't be able to save time on tarmac by sliding around like that.

Thanks for organising the event. I think it was the best so far overall. Surely by the next event there will be a new patch, so car setups may be worth considering.
 
hi all
Had a couple of tryes with the video's.So here is the first again

Virginia part 1
[YOUTUBEHD]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-NxIfVJ1l_w&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-NxIfVJ1l_w&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBEHD]

Virginia part 2
[YOUTUBEHD]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/96jCFtzdbd4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/96jCFtzdbd4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBEHD]

Virginia part 3
[YOUTUBEHD]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tMc5ci_Dbq8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tMc5ci_Dbq8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBEHD]

Silverstone part 1
[YOUTUBEHD]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MRvtlHgkvgo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MRvtlHgkvgo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBEHD]

I only upload 1 part because the rest of the race I ran alone.
Have fun watching:)
 
Last edited:
Much as I appreciate your natural ... err ... exuberance Chilli, I do wish you would pay a little more attention to the conventions of grammar - it's not always clear what the hell you're going on about! :confused:

I think VIR is one of the best tracks because it is so demanding just to stay on the track while driving fast. I don't think it's that hard to pass at VIR: even if your opponent doesn't make a mistake, just make sure you're close at the start of the long straight & you'll draft past for sure - that last, off-camber right-hander is absolutely critical though.
 
Looks like all the slow drivers were missing yesterday. That meant I was driving lonely in the first two races.

Dont worry, in the next events the lost pack will be complete again.
 
Overall it could be considered the best event so far. It was the cleanest, least collisions, least lag issues etc. Most of all, it was the most difficult and intense so far, for me anyway.

- Best
- Cleanest
- least collisions
- least lag
- most difficult
- most intense

all check ... 100% in agreement! 👍


And, from my point of view, it was also - very clearly - the event where I drove best. I am - forgive my childish bragging - VERY HAPPY with the way I raced yesterday, although I didn't win anything, nor even got a fastest lap or a final podium finish.

Regardless of how poor my results were, compared to the top guys ... I think I did one of my finest drives EVER, much more memorable than the many successful online races I did in GT5P back in the day.

Finest because I was "somewhat fast" but especially because I had three of the most intense and demanding races I can recall and, apart from a few minor mistakes ... I did ok for the entire length of these 3 races.

People who know me know how "angry" I get with myself for my many (and stupid) mistakes (some bad luck involved at times) while racing. Well, not last night. And that was refreshing! :)
 
I have to say that my (small) experience last night was very pleasant also. I have done a ton of stupid mistakes and ended up in last, sure, but I quite enjoyed the battle with drivatar, more intense in the first 3/4 laps, but above all it was fair & clean.

Congratulations to him for being able to recover for the gap we had at mid-race, and to me there's a lesson about concentration and consistency to take it from this.
 
Quote.. You said lots and lots of practice it all as up,, i gave you an example how it does, Shot for notably noticing my grammer ablitys i shall work on it,, will about virginia overtaking i may have own opinion about that i guess,, Chilli,,,
 
Shot for notably noticing my grammer ablitys i shall work on it,,

It's either some kind of obscure SA dialect, or you've got some keys mixed up on your keyboard. ;)
 
It's either some kind of obscure SA dialect, or you've got some keys mixed up on your keyboard. ;)

Yip, i use my pad to type on this forum bro, As my PC is at work,, my PS3 does ok i guess for here, i am busy during the day so i can't read our wright on the forums then, i have limited things i can do from my PS3 net wise,, like my banking,, it severs me well,, i was thinking the other day i should get a keyboard its frustrating typing with my beloved pad,, this message took me about 7 minutes to do bro
 
That's a disappointingly straightforward explanation, but I would still like to know what:

Shot for notably noticing my grammer ablitys

actually means?! :)
 
Thanks for posting the videos Henrik. It's always nice to get it from a different perspective. :)

Chillie--get yourself a cheap USB keyboard. You're going to make yourself nutso typing on the pad.

Here are the first two videos from Montreal. I ran out of tape after that:


[YOUTUBEhd]<object width="873" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7x93WLkSSpA&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7x93WLkSSpA&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="873" height="525"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBEhd]


[YOUTUBEhd]<object width="873" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZqruhHtExn8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZqruhHtExn8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="873" height="525"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBEhd]
 
Back