Screen bouncing on GT4!! WTH

• Thread starter exitspeed
  • 214 comments
njpunk, dunno its weird. Lately GTA: SA couldn't load dextures fast enough. Im thinking something is fcuked with the ps2. I have no other explanations. Next step is to clean the laser.
BTW. ppl that have the ps2 modded usually have this problem, but mine is not modded at all. :(

I thought it was just my small suckey TV. I think I need to move it to the 60 incher in the basement!

Jedi2016
Of course it's optimized. For 60Hz. That how the game was MADE, you know. The only reason they even used the word "optimized" was to try to get the PAL folks to think they were getting something better in exhange for losing 10fps.

NTSC Optimized: 720x480x60fps
PAL Optimized: 720x576x50fps

As for the particular problem.. I'll believe it when I see it, in about an hour and a half.

"NTSC

The television industry is dominated by two main standards for TV design: PAL and NTSC. NTSC is of rather low quality and uses weird framerates. NTSC stands for the National Television Systems Committee, and is the color video standard used in North America, Canada, Mexico, and Japan. Some engineers say it should stand for Never Twice Same Color because no two NTSC pictures look alike! Due to the electric system used in the US it was decided to scan the lines across the NTSC TV screen at about 60Hz (or 60 half frames per second) which produced 30 whole pictures every second. NTSC resolution is about one sixth less than that of PAL - about 89 lines less. This may not seem so bad, but divide a sheet of paper into six even parts and chop one off of the bottom and you will have a lot of detail lost. NTSC uses 525 horizontal lines of which only 487 make up the active picture."

Read that, see your beloved NTSC is actually only running at 30 fps. And us poor little PAL guys :) , only actually lose 5 fps. :)

And here is the link to the web site it cam off...

when picking tracks the video of the track is jerking while it plays. thats in 480i and i gota 4 year old ps2. also while game is loading something skips inside and makes a clicking sound :dunce:

TazzieDvl05au

You've never heard of interlacing, have you? Ever wonder how a TV at "30fps" could display a 60fps video game? Happens all the time. GT3 & 4 do it well enough. Hell, even GT1 had a 60fps mode.

And please don't make another pathetic attempt to patronize me about television standards. I work with raw video all the time, and I'm sure I know a hell of a lot more about it than you do.

Reilly311
uh, this game was delayed and delayed. I expect obvious glitches to be fixed if I'm the one coughing up money for it.

uh, this game was delayed, you're right. But come on, it could be way worse, like... no 2P Garage loads, or fewer cars, or ... no GT4 at all? They could've said **** it after GT3, but they didn't, and they wouldn't. I'm just saying, a glitch is a glitch, and there's one in every game. Be thankful for what you have, at least in GT4 you don't have to PAY to play like PC lovers have to do with Everquest.

brok46n2
uh, this game was delayed, you're right. But come on, it could be way worse, like... no 2P Garage loads, or fewer cars, or ... no GT4 at all? They could've said **** it after GT3, but they didn't, and they wouldn't. I'm just saying, a glitch is a glitch, and there's one in every game. Be thankful for what you have, at least in GT4 you don't have to PAY to play like PC lovers have to do with Everquest.

yeah, but the see the thing is, I'm not a big GT fan. Would I have cared had they not made GT4? No. This would be my first GT game that I purchase. PD doesn't have to worry because they know fans of their games will buy this game and like it regardless. Things like this turn off the casual gamer like myself. If this glitch never existed, I would have bought their game today online. Now I'm not sure.

Okay I got an HDTV but when I tried the 1080i (HDTV) it doesn't seem to work.
I get my TV's no signal screen.

I am guessing S-video nor the PS2 cables won't do it?
my HDTV does have HDMI interface... is that what I need?

Basically what I am asking is... how do I get this 1080i to work for my HDTV?
It gets no signal when I change to HDTV mode in GT4.

I also have a question regarding flat panel LCDs... I am thinking about connect my PS2 back to that but I want to get the best quality I can get out of my LCD play for GT4.
Anyone got suggestions to make it optimal to use GT4 to the fullest on flat panel as well?

Thanks! and GT4 is awesome!

Jedi2016
Bitter Old Man... i'll let that do the talking PAL owns NTSC whatever you might think in your stubborn old :yuck: idiotic biased opinion

-Ohhh and your from texas :scared:

Jedi2016
You've never heard of interlacing, have you? Ever wonder how a TV at "30fps" could display a 60fps video game? Happens all the time. GT3 & 4 do it well enough. Hell, even GT1 had a 60fps mode.

And please don't make another pathetic attempt to patronize me about television standards. I work with raw video all the time, and I'm sure I know a hell of a lot more about it than you do.

GET A LIFE MATE.....Everyone knows PAL is better quality than NTSC, except for all you stupid PATHETIC Yanks who think they are better than everyone else....Build a bridge......and get OVER it... :crazy:

TazzieDvl05au
Everyone knows PAL is better quality than NTSC, except for all you stupid PATHETIC Janks who think they are better than everyone else

Does anybody see the irony in this statement?

wdrx02
Okay I got an HDTV but when I tried the 1080i (HDTV) it doesn't seem to work.
I get my TV's no signal screen.

I am guessing S-video nor the PS2 cables won't do it?
my HDTV does have HDMI interface... is that what I need?

Basically what I am asking is... how do I get this 1080i to work for my HDTV?
It gets no signal when I change to HDTV mode in GT4.

I also have a question regarding flat panel LCDs... I am thinking about connect my PS2 back to that but I want to get the best quality I can get out of my LCD play for GT4.
Anyone got suggestions to make it optimal to use GT4 to the fullest on flat panel as well?

Thanks! and GT4 is awesome!

You need component cable to be able to use 1080i mode.

TazzieDvl05au
GET A LIFE MATE.....Everyone knows PAL is better quality than NTSC, except for all you stupid PATHETIC Janks who think they are better than everyone else....Build a bridge......and get OVER it... :crazy:

Hey..what the hell you think who you are? You know what? we're all equal on this world, and we're all better than you, you low life dirty pig.

pal :drool: ntsc :scared: understood? good, why do you always have to argue you have "bigger better" and dont get me started on american cars usually the daily driver's :yuck: hideous!! and the range of idiotic truck's

Odd.. I don't recall ever saying that NTSC was better than PAL. I was simply pointing out that it wasn't worse. They both have their upsides and downsides. Each has a unique color pallette. PAL has higher resolution, but NTSC has the higher frame rate.

And in the end, it doesn't ****ing matter which one is better. Because we're all stuck with what we have.

Jedi2016
Odd.. I don't recall ever saying that NTSC was better than PAL. I was simply pointing out that it wasn't worse. They both have their upsides and downsides. Each has a unique color pallette. PAL has higher resolution, but NTSC has the higher frame rate.

And in the end, it doesn't ****ing matter which one is better. Because we're all stuck with what we have.

Hey Jedi2016, don't waste your time with that moron. Remeber GT4 is waiting for you buddy :)

maxeva69
pal :drool: ntsc :scared: understood? good, why do you always have to argue you have "bigger better" and dont get me started on american cars usually the daily driver's :yuck: hideous!! and the range of idiotic truck's

Mustangs, Corvettes, and Vipers ARE bigger and better than most cars. Idiotic trucks?!?!?! Nobody makes a better pickup than Chevy, Dodge, or Ford. Don't start cutting away at American muscle just because someone doesn't think PAL is that great.

brassman23
Mustangs, Corvettes, and Vipers ARE bigger and better than most cars. Idiotic trucks?!?!?! Nobody makes a better pickup than Chevy, Dodge, or Ford. Don't start cutting away at American muscle just because someone doesn't think PAL is that great.
Preech. 👍

they are sooo ugly it isn't funny for example try one of our utes, beautiful :) pal own's and you know it so hush little baby dont say a word

You guys really complain too much... Just go to arcade mode, choose the 12.8 mile, twisting, turning, 180mph-straightaway, insanely awesome Nurburgring Nordschlife. Choose the BMW M3. Choose manual, and no driver aids. And then have a nice big tall glass of STFU.

TetsuoSTI
Screw muscle i hate old fogey cars like those , damn worthless hunk of junk!
A lot of people will disagree with you on that. And they are not meant to look beautiful, they are meant to look mean.

You need component cable to be able to use 1080i mode.

You mean the monster cables you can get at best buy? If so... how am I suppose to connect my PS2's cable to it?

I have a PS2 cable where it has a white and red analog cable for soung and s-video.

I have those connected directly to the TV right now.
Got links, pics of what you mean?

obviously I am not too literate on this, I am taking it you mean those component cable that monster sells but how do I connect those to my PS2?

Also regarind my monitor...
http://www.envisiondisplay.com/products.asp?EPage=products&SMenu=en9110

Thats the one I have, I have something to plug and convert with but the quality is horrible comapred to the HDTV.
The other problem is... I have the GT 900 degs turn wheel by Logitech but I don't have a place to use it in the living room with the HDTV which is why I sometimes maybe would like to move the PS2 in my room and use the LCD...
I thoguht about just buying the seat setup from walmart but 3xx is not reasonabel to me

Back