Searching For Evidence of Hidden Things

• Thread starter HACKr
  • 3,353 comments
HACKr
You can just "hover" over it, but when you try to drive on it (like I said earlier) it disappears. The way it disappears is strange. Rectangle sections of the track seem to disappear one at a time. These rectangular sections could be something like the "track zones" in afore mentioned (spelling?) Re-Volt. They are a way of dividing up the track for editing and are very useful.
These divisions in GT2 may be for editing too. If the folks at Polyphony wanted to make a road segment with a different textrure, they may just have edited the segment.
This is all just theorizing, keep in mind. Further and extensive investigation is needed to make sure this is true.

*X-Files music plays in background*

So....it DOES exist...proof...of the lost .....DRAGSTRIP!!! The truth is out there.

HACKr
HeHe:lol:
Just what I was thinking!! :cheers:

Agent Scully this man who calls himself HACKr has done the impossible...

Hey if you ever get that Linux or whatever running, maybe you can make your own track!

Parnelli Bone
Apparently Kenji (the guy that owns GTF) closed down the Pit Stop or something and people stopped going to GTF. The Pit Stop...we have our own version here at GT PLanet called the Rumble Strip. It was the place folks could go to post off-topic stuff. I don't know exactly what happened..i'm sure ther's more to the story.

That pretty much sums it up. He wanted to create a more motorsport-themed site, but for so-called hardcore racers. The remaining 99.5% who don't have any time or money for anything other than autocrossing were quite ticked off, to say the least.

After all, the site had been up for 5 years, and now the lifeblood and the personal aspect of the forum was closed off. Mods and long-standing members broke away nearly immediately and formed the GTX in December 2003.

After all, it was Kenji's site, he was free to do what he wanted with it, but that didn't mean much of anybody (myself included) agreed with what he did. Later on, he must have made some money off selling the domain name granturismo.com, which he'd owned for quite some time. Early in 2004, the site became granturismoforum.com.

I started out at the GTF in April 2001, but spent more time here at GTP since it was the only place left on the 'net with an active GT2 forum. I'm a member (abot 50 posts?) at the GTX, but I only stop by every few months or so for a peek.

Funny enough, there was bad blood when GTPlanet was mentioned at the old GTF; you'd usually get flamed for mentioning it. Since the GTX was formed, there's been a lot more tolerance and mutual respect for what GTPlanet has achieved.

There's a ton of valuable GT/GT2 information that's there for the searching every so often, especially in the GameShark/hybrid areas. But don't expect anything in the way of responses to new threads/posts.

Parnelli Bone
Agent Scully this man who calls himself HACKr has done the impossible...

Hey if you ever get that Linux or whatever running, maybe you can make your own track!

Yup, but that might be a while. The Installer always thinks that the New World (Macintosh) boot partion is too small, no matter what the size!! :mad:

HACKr
Yup, but that might be a while. The Installer always thinks that the New World (Macintosh) boot partion is too small, no matter what the size!! :mad:
Damn...:dunce: Hope you can figure a way out!

pupik
There's a ton of valuable GT/GT2 information that's there for the searching every so often, especially in the GameShark/hybrid areas. But don't expect anything in the way of responses to new threads/posts.

Yeah, very much so. I read all of the early GT2 posts from December '99 (just before GT2 was released) till about the beginning of February 2000...it took me several MONTHS just to read all the info that others posted in just 10 weeks. Musta been quite the active site. Again and again people get flamed for not using the search (i suppose this happens now in our GT4 forum, which i purposely don't visit cuz i don't want spoilers).

I checked out GTX over a year ago, but yeah, it seemed quite dead so i haven't been over there. Same thing with GTN (Gran Turismo Network) Racing-Line.org, Gran Turismo Union, and a few others. GTPlanet is the only daily active site for the 2nd game. :)

Hey Pupik, who is Spook? I keep seeing Spook this and Spook that in early GTF posts but i never see anybody there named Spook.

HACKr
Maybe you should find a specialized version, if you don't worry much about GUI OpenBSD have some working Mac version.
http://www.openbsd.org/plat.html
mac68k Motorola 680x0-based Apple Macintosh with MMU
macppc Apple New World PowerPC-based machines, from the iMac onwards
mvme68k Motorola 680x0-based VME systems
mvme88k Motorola 881x0-based VME systems

pupik
Now, this is what I need :D 👍.

Parnelli Bone
Hey Pupik, who is Spook? I keep seeing Spook this and Spook that in early GTF posts but i never see anybody there named Spook.
I don't remember. Some members just got bored and stopped going to the GTF/GTX, or changed their names when they left GTF.

It was quite active, but left me tell you, once GT3 came out, the GT1 and GT2 forums just about died over there.

As you can see, the GT3 forum is quite dead over here, but you may get a reply. Everything's been covered already, so a quick search does the trick.

Well whoever he was, he is mentioned alot. I was under the assumption that he was some sort of admin or esteemed member because often it seems others were mentioning him but you never see any posts from him. Maybe Spook was just a nickname.

errm...does anyone know here the motorsports land bug?

i've done this a long long time ago.. remember the last two corners right? the sharp right then straight then sharp left then straight to the finish.. well on the first turn line up your car facing the barrier (those blue/yellow boxes)..then enter it nice and slow..if you do this right you will just go pass through those boxes until you drive to more boxes..but the section where there are more boxes kinda have a invisible wall in it..and when you bump into that wall then you cannot enter the bizzare zone..however if you dont hit it you'll just drive through and you will notice that you are already on the inside part of the track (behind the fence w/c seperates the outside to the track.. now the bizzare part is you could drive on this smooth surface kinda like on rally mode but much smoother.. you can drive through the audience stands etc..yadda yadda.. you could also drive through the tower and go straight to the middle of nowhere..you will see in you're map that you are driving way out of the range.. and if you just drive straight you'll pass through motorsports land again and again but its just a dummy map (you'll notice it because the track looks broken).. maybe you'll pass this around 4-5 times.. and going back can be an issue because if the red dot is missing in your screen then consider yourself lost through forever because its hard to figure w/c way to go because all you see now is a blue road and the background..

hope this adds to your findings man.. :)

Oh yeah. The first time i got out, i was kinda freaked, like i thought my game would break or something because i was lost in space...couldn't find the damn track!

R32mania
errm...does anyone know here the motorsports land bug?

i've done this a long long time ago.. remember the last two corners right? the sharp right then straight then sharp left then straight to the finish.. well on the first turn line up your car facing the barrier (those blue/yellow boxes)..then enter it nice and slow..if you do this right you will just go pass through those boxes until you drive to more boxes..but the section where there are more boxes kinda have a invisible wall in it..and when you bump into that wall then you cannot enter the bizzare zone..however if you dont hit it you'll just drive through and you will notice that you are already on the inside part of the track (behind the fence w/c seperates the outside to the track.. now the bizzare part is you could drive on this smooth surface kinda like on rally mode but much smoother.. you can drive through the audience stands etc..yadda yadda.. you could also drive through the tower and go straight to the middle of nowhere..you will see in you're map that you are driving way out of the range.. and if you just drive straight you'll pass through motorsports land again and again but its just a dummy map (you'll notice it because the track looks broken).. maybe you'll pass this around 4-5 times.. and going back can be an issue because if the red dot is missing in your screen then consider yourself lost through forever because its hard to figure w/c way to go because all you see now is a blue road and the background..

hope this adds to your findings man.. :)

Yeah, thanks for this one. Though I have known it before, I may find things outside of there like that "Undrivable Dragstrip" outside of Laguna Seca.

I've also read the thread a few down with links to pages where you can get a .vol extracter. I have Zmodeler too. So now I don't have to worry about linux for a while.

Aha!
Evidence of palm strip. In GT2.vol ther is a directory called crsobj. There seem to be all of the track files there. There are two .gz (archive) files there that contain the word palm in them.
l_palm.tro.gz
l_palm.trp.gz
When they are expanded by Stuffit, it appears the tro.gz contains a .tro file and the trp.gz contains a .trp file. My next task is to actually veiw their contents.

HACKr
Aha!
Evidence of palm strip. In GT2.vol ther is a directory called crsobj. There seem to be all of the track files there. There are two .gz (archive) files there that contain the word palm in them.
l_palm.tro.gz
l_palm.trp.gz
When they are expanded by Stuffit, it appears the tro.gz contains a .tro file and the trp.gz contains a .trp file. My next task is to actually veiw their contents.

PLAM strip. Isn't it Plam Strip? Or did Polyphony spell the same word correctly in one spot and incorrectly in another (like they did with Suzuki Cappucino / Capcino?) Anyways, i wait with baited breath for your find, Mulder.

Go check out the thread that was posted a few days ago called GT2 Intro or something. Somebody actually posted a screenshot of the exact moment in the Arcade movie and it says “Plam Strip”. Now, perhaps it's supposed to say Palm Strip? Wouldn't be the first time PD has goofed.

Oh, I didn't understand for a minute.
Is anyone experienced enough to be able to make Palm Strip (completed or not) appear in the game?

HACKr
Oh, I didn't understand for a minute.
Is anyone experienced enough to be able to make Palm Strip (completed or not) appear in the game?

I don't think it exists Mulder. Nobody has ever located the lost drag strip. Nobody.

The file exists amongst other track files. I guess its just impossible to get it out. I mean, I really did find it, but I don't know what to do with it.
I take that back, anything is possible.

What i'm saying is that others before you have found that file, but nobody has ever found the corresponding track that's supposed to go with it. Believe me, hundreds if not THOUSANDS before you have tried. If they had found it, we'd all know about the ‘Plam/Palm Strip’ code by now just like we know about the hidden Mercedes (and how to get it).

Yeah I guess your right. I'm just so curious, but this is old news anyway. Its not like too many people are interested. Maybe I should start tearing apart GT4...
Anyone have a PS2 for cheap??
And I tried the Mercedes cheat, and it's not working!! NOT AT ALL!! Very frustrating.

HACKr
Yeah I guess your right. I'm just so curious, but this is old news anyway. Its not like too many people are interested. Maybe I should start tearing apart GT4...
Anyone have a PS2 for cheap??
And I tried the Mercedes cheat, and it's not working!! NOT AT ALL!! Very frustrating.

What do you mean? How can it not work?

Well, I'm using ePSXe (I play it for real on the PSX, and Hack away on the emulator) and PEC and the code just doesn't work. I have NTSC 1.2 and here is the code I'm using:
D01C353C D5D8
801C3194 115C
D01C322C D5D8
801C3196 E0DC

HACKr
Well, I'm using ePSXe (I play it for real on the PSX, and Hack away on the emulator) and PEC and the code just doesn't work. I have NTSC 1.2 and here is the code I'm using:
D01C353C D5D8
801C3194 115C
D01C322C D5D8
801C3196 E0DC

Huh, taht's weird. Well i dont' know anything about gamesharks or emulators so i can't give any advice. A guy here named HYBRIDLVR should know...wherever he is...Sucahyo miight be of some help, too. I'm pretty sure he posted his own screenshots of the Merc at some point.

YOu should eventually find what you're looking for. It's worked for thousands of others

HACKr
D01C353C D5D8
801C3194 115C
D01C322C D5D8
801C3196 E0DC
Have you try buying new car from toyota dealer? If you buy new toyota car, in garage you should find CLK GTR instead.
I attach other car code to use with that code :). Replace the 115c and e0dc.

This code is working in my 1.2 NTSC, buy 1st car in toyota garage (Lexus IS), the code is different from yours:
D01C353C D5D8
801C3328 e0dc
D01C353C D5D8
801C332A 115c

E0DC 115C DC E0 5C 11 H [R]Mercedes-Benz CLK-DTM Race Car

Attachments

• carsbhtm.zip
    14.6 KB · Views: 81
It's good to see this is still alive as are the great members of this forum. I'm no longer very active here but I wish the regulars and not so regulars my best wishes for their future.

Cheers.

Back