Searching For Evidence of Hidden Things

• Thread starter HACKr
  • 3,353 comments
damn, this is too intense. I remember the days of the old GTF when Fiery and some others were making awesome hybrids and hacking this game. I remember one of the biggest things that they were excited about was car re-naming. This thread rocks 👍

Well whoever he was, he is mentioned alot. I was under the assumption that he was some sort of admin or esteemed member because often it seems others were mentioning him but you never see any posts from him. Maybe Spook was just a nickname.

Sorry for going off topic guys, but I’m working my way through this thread and noticed the unanswered question regarding Spook from GTF and thought I would just add to it.

I believe Spook was a mod/admin and the reason why you don’t see any posts from him is because he decided to leave one day and before doing so decided to delete every thread that he had ever posted in before he left.

Great thread BTW 👍 👍

Hmm.. I'm sorry for reviving the topic, but I saw something that interested me.

I saw a photo of a "Ramp Mod", where the Test Track gained a ramp.

Well, if this is possible, wouldn't be possible to build something that looked like a Dyno, where I could max my car Speed without moving an inch of my car or having to cross some walls? xD

Thank you..

..and it's REALLY impressive to see a GT2 Forum alive n' kickin'! \o/

Sorry for going off topic guys, but I’m working my way through this thread and noticed the unanswered question regarding Spook from GTF and thought I would just add to it.

I believe Spook was a mod/admin and the reason why you don’t see any posts from him is because he decided to leave one day and before doing so decided to delete every thread that he had ever posted in before he left.

Great thread BTW 👍 👍

Interesting. He really is a bit of a spook, then. :scared:

Hmm.. I'm sorry for reviving the topic, but I saw something that interested me.

I saw a photo of a "Ramp Mod", where the Test Track gained a ramp.

Well, if this is possible, wouldn't be possible to build something that looked like a Dyno, where I could max my car Speed without moving an inch of my car or having to cross some walls? xD

Thank you..

..and it's REALLY impressive to see a GT2 Forum alive n' kickin'! \o/

I don't know if this is possible. HYBRIDLVR would know but he hasn't been here for awhile.

Would be something like it (yes, look at my "beautiful" rim.. =P"

Would be 4 of these holes. The car would enter with its tires on it and, once on them, accelerate. Then, when he did what he wantes, just drive back and turn back to the track.

Did you.. understand? :scared:

Attachments

• imagem.PNG
    imagem.PNG
    3.2 KB · Views: 96
Sorry for the bump, but I was trying to break out at Laguna Seca to find the dragstrip, and somehow I got stuck on a wall or something like that. I drove a bit back to the start/finish line, and I just fell right through

I was driving the Escudo, the first 3/4th of the car was already through it, but it was impossible to get the back through teh wall (or get back on the track!).

After I drove a bit more back, I flew again right through the map, and somehow I could go on driving :dunce:

gt2vd9.jpg

gt22yh9.jpg

Anyway, I thought I should record it with FRAPS, only to realize later I pressed Start again :grumpy:

Yeah it was. After it started bouncing up and down it flew 20 meters into the air. Tried it a few more times, but was unable to reproduce it again.

When you tune a tuned Civic, you can tune the engine (I forgot what it what), but it costed 65,000 Cr. What did you gain? Only a few HP! :ouch:

Excuse me if anyone thinks I am lying, but I think I maybe one of the few people who have the very original version of GT2. Because there is a crap load of spelling mistakes and the Peugeot 206 Tahiti Road glitch is in there

I just need a PS1 to play it on (Mine broke) But hopefully if I get one I'll try some things out.

BTW that pic of the menu up there is amzing, can you click on it maybe?

I'll bet you it would work on my real system, but I don't have a gameshark for that one. It could be a glitch with PEC. I've had some strange problems with my 64 bit AMD pc.

Dont know if you are still around HACKr, but I also use(d) PEC with my ePSXe emulator, but everytime I want to buy the Mercedes (using both codes, then go to the Honda? dealer, and buy the first used car) the game simply freezes.

Car costs about 5,000 Cr, has as name No Name No Name.

I am using PAL.

I guess it is just not possible to get it using an emulator :indiff:

Excuse me if anyone thinks I am lying, but I think I maybe one of the few people who have the very original version of GT2. Because there is a crap load of spelling mistakes and the Peugeot 206 Tahiti Road glitch is in there

I just need a PS1 to play it on (Mine broke) But hopefully if I get one I'll try some things out.

BTW that pic of the menu up there is amzing, can you click on it maybe?

that's not so unusual. There are still some folks out there who will sell a version 1.0, knowing full well that they're selling a crap product. That's what happend to me. :grumpy:

that's not so unusual. There are still some folks out there who will sell a version 1.0, knowing full well that they're selling a crap product. That's what happend to me. :grumpy:

I actually want to get a 1.0 version just to see the difference now, lol.

Whoa how did you do that?

Right after you start, break and turn around.
Go into the exit of the pitland (?), and drive near the edge of the tyrewall.

You will float over it, and I could get the front of my car through the wall, but after that I got a Out of Course failure.

:lol:

Did the Seattle 100 in my Camaro Z28. Drove at the backstraight, when there is a small right kink, I drove to close to the right wall. My car's right side was on top of the wall. Could drive for a few seconds, until I flew 10 meters into the sky:dunce:

Weird, weird accident that was.

btw, that race was one of my best ever in GT2. 40 lap long close battle against a Mustang, won by .200 seconds :)

:lol:

Did the Seattle 100 in my Camaro Z28. Drove at the backstraight, when there is a small right kink, I drove to close to the right wall. My car's right side was on top of the wall. Could drive for a few seconds, until I flew 10 meters into the sky:dunce:

Weird, weird accident that was.

btw, that race was one of my best ever in GT2. 40 lap long close battle against a Mustang, won by .200 seconds :)

That rocks! How much power and what tires?

I actually want to get a 1.0 version just to see the difference now, lol.

It's worth it if you can find it; i think GT2 sells for pretty cheap used nowadays (assuming you can find it). More spelling errors. More glitches. More black-out screens and frozen pages in version 1.0. :irked:

I think it was somewhere around 380 bhp. And the cheapest racing tires, but I compensated that for only pitting around lap 20 (so a long 1st stint).

I think it was somewhere around 380 bhp. And the cheapest racing tires, but I compensated that for only pitting around lap 20 (so a long 1st stint).

that's what i'd use: hard tires. If i drove a car that handled well i'd bump that down to sports.

Yup! that GT90 is awesome. Alot of people think it sucks, and it is difficult to drive (true) but if you know how to tune it and dont' mash the throttle every time you exit a corner then it becomes a killer!

Yup! that GT90 is awesome. Alot of people think it sucks, and it is difficult to drive (true) but if you know how to tune it and dont' mash the throttle every time you exit a corner then it becomes a killer!

If I only knew how to tune cars! Not particulary GT2, but in ANY race game i'm at a loss with setups :indiff:

Gt90 is very tail-happy and the stock suspension settings are way too stiff. Depending on the track, i found that if you lower the rear a bit (but leave the front higher), soften the dampers, springs, and stabilizers, and don't give full-throttle unless you're in a relatively straight line, you can begin to master this one. Also, make the limited-slip something like 20-25-15 (you can play around with this but that's where i would start depending on the track).

From what i read, alot of folks win this then expect it to drive like a Toyota TSO20 or something--meanwhile the GT90 is actually about a thousand pounds heavier than a GT1-class car. But you can still win a lot of high-paced races with it like i said before.

I like a challenge, I'd rather have a car which is a handful to drive than a car which is easy to win every race with.

Regarding setups, I fail to see what does what. I read alot of stuff about it, but I simply cant see what I need to improve to make the car handle better.
Anyway, a 1 sec win is better than a 1 lap win, isnt it?

Altough I really smashed my head against the wall when I lost by a few thousands of a seconds :lol:

This has probably come up before, but one time my brother and I were randomly stuffing around and decided to put the game on a European language. After he got bored with it, I decided to have a look around in GT Mode and found that there's a new manufacturer in the North Town; Vauxhall from the English-language mode has been removed and replaced by Opel.

Here's the catch: I had already completed the Vauxhall Tigra races, but I found the Opel equivalent had not been completed ... is this the answer to the 98.2% glitch?

Back