Searching For Evidence of Hidden Things

• Thread starter HACKr
  • 3,353 comments
It sounds like you are editing the header to look like in retail but not actually adding bytes to the file, hence keeping the data below it in the same position as in the demos. You have to add bytes so the data is pushed 16 bytes forward, if you get what I mean.

I honestly meant to make this video much earlier on, but life kinda got in the way with things like college and work. Anyway, I kinda left out some cars it turned out. One user in my video's comment section pointed out that some Rufs in the strategy guide had different wheels from the final counterpart and he was right. The Turbo R and CTR Yellowbird originally had 4-spoke wheels, but PD fixed that since the real life models had 5-spoke wheels. I also left out the beta Viper RT/10, because I didn't think it would be interesting to share.

It seems that Prima had access to a later demo as I was able to find these earlier models in that guide.

I honestly meant to make this video much earlier on, but life kinda got in the way with things like college and work. Anyway, I kinda left out some cars it turned out. One user in my video's comment section pointed out that some Rufs in the strategy guide had different wheels from the final counterpart and he was right. The Turbo R and CTR Yellowbird originally had 4-spoke wheels, but PD fixed that since the real life models had 5-spoke wheels. I also left out the beta Viper RT/10, because I didn't think it would be interesting to share.

It seems that Prima had access to a later demo as I was able to find these earlier models in that guide.

If you look closely you can see the Ruf Turbo R still has the "beta 4spoke (from the '97 nissan march g# wheels)" wheels in the dealership menu screen. I have also noticed that with many other vehicles. Also like the mini cooper one make race, and the peugeot 106 one make race has pictures of the real car, as all the others is pictures of the game cars. I also found an odd japanese menu that names the dodge stratus as a '72 in the dealership menu screen. I'm making a visual about it, should I make it as a video or just as a post? Speaking of videos, I'll try to upload a new video this weekend of some of my recent mods!

And which beta viper rt/10 (I am a huge fan of the viper, so to me its interesting! Unlike the turd corvette!)?

I have found 3:

- vents in hood with gts coupe wheels(later build)
- vents in hood with mx5 wheels(early build)
- no vents in hood with gts coupe wheels (this 3rd one I've only seen in beta "e3" pictures)

I also have a picture from a press cd that shows a beta yellow lotus elise 111s race body mod with spoiler and no sponsor decals! Which came in between gt2 trial and gt2 final, since trial didn't have elise race bodies (only stock body place holders)

Last edited:
And which beta viper rt/10 (I am a huge fan of the viper, so to me its interesting! Unlike the turd corvette!)? I have found 3, vents in hood with gts coupe wheels(later build), vents in hood with mx5 wheels(early build) and no vents in hood with gts coupe wheels (this 3rd one I've only seen in beta "e3" pictures)
It's just the 1996 model from Gran Turismo 1, with 5-spoke wheels.

Note: The Viper RT/10 in the final GT2 is a 1999 model, hence why it has the same hood vents as the GTS. The GTS originally was faster than the RT/10 when it came out, but Dodge later on altered the RT/10 so it could have similar performance figures to its coupe counterpart.

It's just the 1996 model from Gran Turismo 1, with 5-spoke wheels.

Note: The Viper RT/10 in the final GT2 is a 1999 model, hence why it has the same hood vents as the GTS. The GTS originally was faster than the RT/10 when it came out, but Dodge later on altered the RT/10 so it could have similar performance figures to its coupe counterpart.

Ok and yeah, I prefer the 1996 model over the 1999 cause I do not like those 99 viper wheels, so ugly. Its annoying that there isn't a rt/10 with no hood vents in gt2....... besides early screenshots.

I'm a fan of the viper so much that I'm building a 1/25 dodge viper gts-r lm editiin road car model........ and yes its mid-engine!

EDIT:

now I can take any car from drab to fab!

Screenshot_2017-07-07-03-46-00.png

Mod update: Now can make custom rims with dish/lip! The porsche 911 wheels came from NFS: high stakes!

EDIT: again: actually I'm an dingle berry, lol, the rt/10 viper without vents does exist in game! Found it with gts coupe wheels!

So we can have a combo of year gen rt/10 vipers...... (if modded right)

1st: 1992-1993 3 spoke wheels no vents in hood, soft top only, snap on windows only, no a/c, heavier slower engine.

2nd: 1994-1995 gts coupe 5 spoke wheels, no vents in hood, hard top available, a/c available, and wind up windows available, and a upgraded engine

3rd: 1996-1998 gts coupe 5 spoke, vents in hood, gts coupe engine

4th: 1999-(2000) new ugly 5 wide spoke wheels, vented hood, upgraded gts coupe engine, and also abs brakes

So the one I found is a 94/95 viper rt/10, being that it has gts coupe wheels and no vents in hood.

Last edited:
Just a curious question...

Earlier this year, it seems like everybody got their hands on a copy of the Test Drive disc. I looked back in the thread, and saw it had something to do with @SuperFrizzio and @Xenn . Was it like an ISO or something like that which was released? :confused:

Just a curious question...

Earlier this year, it seems like everybody got their hands on a copy of the Test Drive disc. I looked back in the thread, and saw it had something to do with @SuperFrizzio and @Xenn . Was it like an ISO or something like that which was released? :confused:

Yeah, well actually its been around, just hard to find..... and its a .bin and .cue. I have a copy located in my mega. As well as GT2K "PlayStation festival" ps2 demo .iso!

EDIT: If I get more than 5 likes on this post today(24hrs) I'll release my custom rim(with dish/lip) mods!

Edit: 1 like so far, thank you Submaniac93!

Edit: (july 21st 2017 4:00am est)

Well I didn't get 5 likes in 24hrs, but here is the first release of my custom GT2 wheel package v0.1d! All rims was cropped from in game textures, except there is 1 - GT1 test drive beta rim and also 1 - NFS: High Stakes: Porsche 911 rim! Have fun and enjoy!!!!!

Thank you,
B_Rad88

Attachments

• GT2wheelpackagev0.1d.zip
    33.8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Here's a little LOL that happened to me while playing the GT2 Bonus Demo; I somehow found a way to break out of Seattle not through the tire wall at the end of the front stretch.

Screenshot_20170720-163910.png
Screenshot_20170720-163925.png

What happened was that shortly before this incident, two cars had fused together coming out of the first turn. I looked back to see them get launched (it's fun to watch the cars get launched after being stuck :lol:) and when I looked forward again I was headed towards a wall. Before I knew it my car had two wheels through the guard rail and then all four were out. My car then went crazy.

Just thought I would share that, as I found it interesting that it was another way to break out of Seattle.

Here is that beta lotus elise 111s race mod no decals with spoiler!

4ELISE11.png

That came from a GT3 press cd!

Also I know this is probably old news but..... has anyone noticed the extra Plymouth Superbird? Located in the lancia section, ilsbn...

GT2-Trial-001.PNG

Its the exact same as the jdm gt2 trial beta plymouth superbird, located in the plymouth section.

Edit: well since this post blew up with likes, I'll share my custom wheel package here too! Have fun and enjoy!

Attachments

• GT2wheelpackagev0.1d.zip
    33.8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Yeah, it makes no sense to have the second version of the car's RM just be the same as the first except for a number in the box. :odd:

Similar case on the Mazda RX-7 GTC LM Edition, the original version which was a racing mod for the Mazdaspeed RX-7 GTC A-Spec had a number 8, but was removed for some reason.

Here is that beta lotus elise 111s race mod no decals with spoiler!

View attachment 661812

That came from a GT3 press cd!

Doesn't look like a race mod at all, but rather it looks like somebody took this car into GT4 / GT5 and put a wing on it.

It's also quite strange how it's included in a GT3 press kit, where if I'm not mistaken, the only two Elises in GT3 are the Elise Sport 190 and Motor Sport Elise...

Yeah, especially since the #8 is still present in the game's files. Random fun fact about this car: both final and #8's night version use the standard GTC's body with the paint on it (so it doesn't have the widebody at night, but it does during the day) :P

As for the Elise, yes it's GT2's RMed Elise models, just with normal textures. I wonder why they'd show this model for a GT3 booklet... especially with the render glitch on the taillights... (which is due to what's called z-fighting, that occurs when 2 polygons are perfectly placed on top of one another, making them flicker)

EDIT: Actually! Talking about this GTC widebody thing made me think! What if.... the #8 car was supposed to be the GTC-LM. And the numberless, non-widebody that the GTC LM has at night, the GTC RM? I'd say it would definitely be plausible.

Last edited:
Doesn't look like a race mod at all, but rather it looks like somebody took this car into GT4 / GT5 and put a wing on it.

It's also quite strange how it's included in a GT3 press kit, where if I'm not mistaken, the only two Elises in GT3 are the Elise Sport 190 and Motor Sport Elise...

It didn't come out of the actual game, it was in the gt2 section of the gt3 press cd.

Funny enough about that beta elise, is there is no race mod elise until gt2 trial and there its still the standard body as place holder. Also the 111s had black rings around the lights and a double spoiler in gt2 trial, so I don't think thats a 111s rm, but more likely a normal elise rm.

And hey Submaniac93, which would be better, the #8 on the widebody as the lm or the #8 on the thinbody as the rm? Gonna try something...... oh never mind......

I'd say #8 on the LM. To me, it seems more legit to pur the number on the "real" race car, and the RM bein a "fake" without. I feel like that's how It should be.

Yeah, it makes no sense to have the second version of the car's RM just be the same as the first except for a number in the box. :odd:

It was like that in the Test Drive demo. In that demo, h2s2r is the GT/Car Graphic livery in all colors except yellow without number and h2s2s is the same livery in yellow and with the car number. In the final, the yellow was merged to the h2s2r and h2s2s became the Spoon livery. ;)

Also, the Tomica GT2 tie-in 6-pack has a render of Test Drive version of h2s2s:
8283040304_fc0c51f1cb.jpg

Hey guys, I'm new to the forums (as you guys can tell)... I Just wanted to clear that up right away.

I made a little video analysis showing the beta Cobra Coupe, and I thought you gentlemen (and ladies...?) may be interested in it.

So yeah, just wanted to throw that out there. Lol.

Last edited:
So thanks to @B_rad88! I now have a copy of GT2 Test Drive. I have really enjoyed it so far, in fact I was up until like 3 AM playing the demo the first night I got it. :lol: Anyways, I've kinda started some research on the demo, seeing what everyone else missed out on earlier. The biggest discovery I've made so far is that both Tahiti Safari Course and TDR3 exist alongside each other in this demo.

Which sort of brings up the question: were TDR3 and Safari Course going to appear alongside each other in the final game?

I'd say #8 on the LM. To me, it seems more legit to pur the number on the "real" race car, and the RM bein a "fake" without. I feel like that's how It should be.

Yeah, I was thinking the same, but then most other lm cars don't have a race number, while club races do........ the gtc concept was intended as to be a "street legal" track car. Also can't use the normal mesh and can't get just a widebody or thinbody only for obvious reason. So until we all ask Leo nicely as possible with donation support to make a gt2 car modifier, we are stuck with a half and half.

Unless doss anyone know how the mesh file is writen in hex? I've been tring to understand it, but lost. Usally I can see the patterns in the coding.

EDIT: (fri july 28th 1:04am)

mod update coming soon, video put on hold because my comp decided not read the sound card anymore.... I don't know why.....

Last edited:
Which sort of brings up the question: were TDR3 and Safari Course going to appear alongside each other in the final game?
I honestly highly doubt that. Tahiti DR3 was still essentially a revised version of the Safari course. Really, the layouts of both courses are very similar. I found this out quickly when porting the Safari Course in the final game replacing the 2 Player version of Tahiti DR3.

Here's my video of that track port, pay close attention to the course map and the car marker. The layout itself is only different in a couple of turns from TDR3.

Yeah but both courses appear at the same time in the Test Drive Disc.

GT3 has a similar situation with Super Speedway. As many of you know, the '90s version of Super Speedway was supposed to return from GT2. It even appears in early demos of GT3. That is, until the Store Demo Volume 2 came along, where a track internally named "course_sample001" was discovered, which turned out to be the '00s version from the final GT3.

Here's videos of both:

So I continued to go through the Test Drive Disc today and I was going through the car roster. Here's what I found so far:

It seems like maybe the Jaguar XJR15 had a racing mod planned originally, as both normal and what seems to be RM models exist, as the RM model uses the standard as a placeholder, just with a darker blue color.
Screenshot_20170728-193304.png
Screenshot_20170728-193343.png
Notice how this is different from the existing XJR15 in the demo, which has a logo and doesn't have the (R) tag.
Screenshot_20170728-193329.png

Screenshot_20170728-193359.png

In the final, the standard car was marked with an (R) tag.

Other findings, mainly logos:
Screenshot_20170718-184202.png

Screenshot_20170728-193630.png

Toyota MR-S '99 and '97 logos, the older one looks weird to me...
Screenshot_20170728-191540.png

Jaguar XJR Vehicle logo, where it's called Jaguar XJR Vehiclemm LOL :lol:

Back