Seasonal 2 Events Videos & Tuning Mini/Focus/Mustang/RX-7/Nascar

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kingpin326
  • 91 comments
  • 40,781 views
Thanks for the help man, anything that gets me through the awfull A-spec stuff as quickly and as easily as possible is good for me.

Who ever thought of the idea that you need to be a certain level to buy a certain car should be shot in the neck. Multiple times.. Im a grown up little boy who can decide for himslef if he wants to smash a car cause he cant drive it..
 
Thanks for the help man, anything that gets me through the awfull A-spec stuff as quickly and as easily as possible is good for me.

Who ever thought of the idea that you need to be a certain level to buy a certain car should be shot in the neck. Multiple times.. Im a grown up little boy who can decide for himslef if he wants to smash a car cause he cant drive it..

It's not even like you're allowed to buy higher level cars based on proficiency in driving (e.g. licenses), you advance in level based on how many times you drive the Indy oval. Ugh...

Anyways, thanks for the setups OP.
 
thanks for the tunes!!

don't worry about the trolls - those guys take a video game way too seriously
 
to all the trolls and haters, get a life. seriously, you come over as plain old pathetic
 
I'd say not taking it seriously would be not caring if you get Gold or not. Doing WHATEVER it takes to get gold, and then for some reason posting a video of it; that seems like taking it very seriously indeed, to me.
 
Omg:tdown::grumpy::tdown:What was this guy thinking?:crazy::dopey:NOT THIS VID..The videos at the top..THIS video is 98%👍👍👍`s up

Not the best but a solid run..Got gold the right way:)
 
Last edited:
Omg:tdown::grumpy::tdown:What was this guy thinking?:crazy::dopey:NOT THIS VID..The videos at the top..THIS video is 98%👍👍👍`s up

Not the best but a solid run..Got gold the right way:)


I did that event last night as well, easy gold by 10 seconds.
 
kingpin - I agree with most of the replies on here, you did a great job with the tunes and the videos. Thanks for the effort! To the minority that feels like they need to post criticism of his driving on the vids, what's the point? Do you feel like your criticisms of his driving help the community here in some way? Get a life.
 
This was a big help. I was Gavin trouble with Madrid and that focus tune helped a mill. Its ai who cares how you drive. Race clean online race to win against AI all all costs lol.
 
Thanks for the tune and videos!

Great tune on the Focus, just beat that bloody Focus RS. The RX7 feels good, but I'm still short 1s a lap. :( This is great help for people who aren't exactly 60-gold material.

Let the haters hate, keep up the good work.
 
I guess you don't see my point here. I'm showing you how to become first and have the tuning setup. You are judging my driving from these videos?

No. I don't drive like this online, these videos are just to show you can win these hard events against COMPUTER opponents. I didn't know you guys were so uptight about gt driving against AI.

How about you guys upload your videos, share them with fine proper gentleman driving and win gold!

Let me know please, show me the videos.

ps: I don't have a fancy wheel like most of you guys, I don't consider myself a top elite GT driver, but I do have the balls to record videos and help people out.

Now you state your purpose of these vids is to show you can win these hard events. Although the question never was 'if', but more 'how' (why would PD offer events you cannot win?), I don't see any clues in your first post that could help me become aware of your purpose. Your words 'Hope you enjoy' give me the impression your main purpose was to show off you won all these events. The way you react to criticism only strenghtens my belief.

Like I mentioned in my first reply, everybody is free to play the game in every way he or she pleases. If you cannot win a challenge using clean driving, don't want to invest time in trying to increase your skills, but still want to win it, feel free to use whatever is necessary to achieve your goal. Nobody here is going to prevent you from doing so.

However, GTPlanet is a site for GT enthousiasts and we want to encourage proper and clean driving. If you have troubles winning these events, enough people are willing to help you. As an example, see this thread.
If you would have stated in your opening post that the level of driving in your videos is not something you support, but simply a last resort in order to win these events, I wouldn't have commented on it.

FYI: having a (fancy) wheel or not makes no real difference. Most people simply enjoy driving with a wheel more.
 
Let me make sure I get my "grammar" correct in this post.

It's OK Kingpin, lots of people here support your way of driving. There will always be people who'll get mad just because you're not playing the way they want you to, as if somehow they think they're above you. Don't let a few bad apples on this forum discourage you from what you're doing. Keep up the good work!
 
Like I mentioned in my first reply, everybody is free to play the game in every way he or she pleases. If you cannot win a challenge using clean driving, don't want to invest time in trying to increase your skills, but still want to win it, feel free to use whatever is necessary to achieve your goal. Nobody here is going to prevent you from doing so.

However, GTPlanet is a site for GT enthousiasts and we want to encourage proper and clean driving. If you have troubles winning these events, enough people are willing to help you. As an example, see this thread.
If you would have stated in your opening post that the level of driving in your videos is not something you support, but simply a last resort in order to win these events, I wouldn't have commented on it.

The videos are just there to show the tune works. Anyone car drive the way they want, they do not have to copy me. Didn't you see me beat the RX-7 race clean and same with the Focus race. If PD wanted us to not take shortcuts in these events they would have put a penalty in place, but they did not. So I'm assuming PD knows that these events are tough and people will do anything to win them.

I have a life and a job/family, don't have 10hrs straight so I can sit on this game and perfect it while driving clean so I can be considered enthusiast. As like someone mentioned in this thread earlier, I paid for the game I should be able to drive the anyway I want.



Omg wait what is this. Kingpin actually driving normally... wow what a miracle.



Like I said don't judge my driving skills from those videos, it was to show you can easily complete those events without pulling your hair out. I put a lot of hard work in this thread and the tunes. I do not see any of you guys (the negative posts) doing it, so why are you guys making a such a big deal about it.
 
Last edited:
Thanks OP, I'll be trying these tunes later today. The Mustang race at L. Seca was getting me down last night, so I'm looking forward to that one the most.

Question: What did your Mustang weigh in the video? Mine is over 1600kg, but the event allows down to 1500kg. Problem is, any weight modification will put me under that limit.
 
Thanks OP, I'll be trying these tunes later today. The Mustang race at L. Seca was getting me down last night, so I'm looking forward to that one the most.

Question: What did your Mustang weigh in the video? Mine is over 1600kg, but the event allows down to 1500kg. Problem is, any weight modification will put me under that limit.

The only two modifications I made were: Window Weight + Carbon Hood
 
Nice, just finished 3rd with your tune. Best I could do earlier is 8th. Still 20 secs of the lead though, as my avg lap time is just over 1:45. Thx again.
 
As an example, see this thread.
If you would have stated in your opening post that the level of driving in your videos is not something you support, but simply a last resort in order to win these events, I wouldn't have commented on it.

Here is a summery of that thread.
Post 1: "this event is impossible!!"
Post 2: "I r leet i beat this without any driving aids you are clearly terrible"
post 3: "just turn on skid recovery force and it cuts 5 sec a lap off the time"
post 4: "zomgz you are terrible thats "cheating"!!!!111"
rest of thread: people arguing back and forth about what is "cheating" and what isnt with a few people actually trying to help the OP

In this thread the OP showed his tune in great detail and then gives a video of him doing it as proof that his tune works. This thread seems pretty good to me.
 
Thanks mate. Really help in the tuning parts.

PS- Didn't watch the videos but who cares if you use shortcuts or not. You pay for the game, it's up to you on how you play it.
 
Not that I'm going to get embroiled in "video-gate", but wanted to post a quick thank you note for these tunes. The Focus and RX-7 tunes in particular really helped - much appreciated, Kingpin.
 
I'm still not able to get 1st in the focus / mustang challenges. 2nd is the best I can get

Focus - I did 1:44
Mustang - 1:43
 
These videos were truly a learning experience. Thank you so much.
 
This is the first time I EVER used someone elses settings to race but good job OP on the settings, I got 1st around the 4 min mark on my second lap. The best I got before the OP settings was 4th.
 
just bad driving, not worth showing.
 
Although your videos were rather... controversial, it still helped me with the NASCAR challenge. but I still feel guilty
 
Man some people need to lighten up a little. Kingping isn't telling people they have to drive a certain way or play the game a certain way. There have been lots of posts from less experienced racers who are having trouble with some of the seasonal events. Kingpin is simply showing people who are struggling a way they can get gold if they don't have hours to practice. The seasonal events are only there for 3 weeks max. For some people that's just not enough time to gold all with no assists and driving by the book.

I applaud him for taking the time to do this and help out other members
 
Awesome tunes Kingpin. Just ignore the haters.
 
Last edited:
Thanks so much for the tunes Kingpin - they were great 👍👍👍

It makes me sick to see all the whining about your driving, you paid your $$ for the "GAME", play the "GAME" any way you like. I cannot comprehend people crying after all the time and effort you put in to the tunes and videos. I guess it is easy to set on the sidelines and cry foul :rolleyes:

Keep up the great work and don't ever let the negative post get you down 👍
 
Back