Seasonal 2 Events Videos & Tuning Mini/Focus/Mustang/RX-7/Nascar

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kingpin326
  • 91 comments
  • 40,781 views
Thanks for these tunes Kingpin, I've just won the Mini race thanks to this thread.

Will try the others later.
 
THANKS!!!!!!

The tunes are awsome, PLEASE POST MORE!!!! Specifically for the other bonus race series (I think its 1???)

I love the absolutely belligerant curb hop over the Corkscrew at seca.👍👍👍
 
I guess you don't see my point here. I'm showing you how to become first and have the tuning setup. You are judging my driving from these videos?

No. I don't drive like this online, these videos are just to show you can win these hard events against COMPUTER opponents. I didn't know you guys were so uptight about gt driving against AI.

How about you guys upload your videos, share them with fine proper gentleman driving and win gold!

Let me know please, show me the videos.

ps: I don't have a fancy wheel like most of you guys, I don't consider myself a top elite GT driver, but I do have the balls to record videos and help people out.

Great video's , which show you can make a couple of mistakes and still win .

Thank you
 
i used all your tunes for the first batch of seasonal events and they worked great!!!!

Thanks for posting these tunes and videos.

Drive it like you stole it, little bitches?

hear,hear !!!!
 
+1

Excellent effort on sharing your tuning methods and providing a video to go along with them. I golded the Mini Cooper and Mustang events using your tuning methods, and ran clean for the most part. Kudos to you, Kingpin~

Hope to see more coverage from you with Seasonal Events number 3.
 
Thanks for taking the time to post this Kingpin326, really helped me out. :D
 
Awesome tunes dudes. I was really stuck on the rx7 and you have saved the day. Thank you very much.
 
Although I am for clean racing the seasonal events are only available for a short period of time. I got 2nd in my first attempt at the ford focus race and now 7 times later still 8 seconds behind the leader. Cheating justified very soon. I don't even know where to make the time up. I'm 14 sec behind on the 2nd lap and don't gain more than a couple seconds a lap on the leader. I will try a few more times then it is figure a way to cheat or toss my new GT2 wheel through the window. Cheating a lot more cost effective.
 
You da man Kingpin. 👍

First of all, the seasonal races were created unequal/unfair and is to make gamers life difficult/a lot more challenge than necessary, so a bit of cheating here and there is truly justifiable.

I first runs without your setting, and could only get 2nd for Ford Fucus, RX7 and Nascar.

Then I applied your setting (with transmission tuned even lower to have better accelaration), I could managed 1st after a 2 more tries...

U make our life so much easier...a big thanks...looking forward for future seasonal settings...

ps. a perfect line and mistake free for Ford Focus and RX7 will make the race much more easier, could win by 3~5sec, so practice makes perfect!
 
Last edited:
Although I am for clean racing the seasonal events are only available for a short period of time. I got 2nd in my first attempt at the ford focus race and now 7 times later still 8 seconds behind the leader. Cheating justified very soon. I don't even know where to make the time up. I'm 14 sec behind on the 2nd lap and don't gain more than a couple seconds a lap on the leader. I will try a few more times then it is figure a way to cheat or toss my new GT2 wheel through the window. Cheating a lot more cost effective.

It really takes knowing the track on this one. I had no clue on the lines to take so I sheepishly turned on the driving line. Come to find out you can brake a lot later that indicated, if you get it pointed in the right direction prior to braking. Focus on exit speed. There are some slow corners that you can take faster, but you lose out on straightline speed. I adjusted the OP's tune, but since the tuning inputs dont largely affect drivability it was good.

If you guys think these seasonal events are too hard to not cheat then you dont remember Mission 40 from GT4. Im guessing at least one person from PD completed these challenges before they let them loose, so they can be done. I would use the OP's tune and then adjust to your driving style.
 
Hi there guys, new on forum, guess I'm in the right place.

First of all thanks a lot to Kingpin326 for those set up, and then question is,..what is the best option to upload gameplay on youtube??

Thanks in advance and good racing.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Where do you go to change gear ratios? Is it now impossible to do it from the actual pre-race screen, I sound like I'm maxing out coming down the straight on the Indy track in the seasonal event.
 
sorry fella, but that corner cutting on your 1st video just puts me off watching the other's, shame.
 
Not convinced about that mustang video. (edit: that's to say it doesn't really help me as you seem to have some very...erm... unique lines into some of the corners)

I've got most of the upgrades, and I'm using the sport suspension, but the tuning really makes no difference (no more so than the natural fluctuation of your laptimes anyway)

It's talking about running an average of 1:40 laps. In fact you're running low 1:41's. I just did the 5 laps as low 1:42's and a 1:41.6. Ended up a good few seconds away from the leader. All the laps were legal. I'd probably need another second per lap putting the opening lap as a 1:42 and the others all as low 1:41's. That's not going to happen without aids on, and if you get borked in one of the fast corners you'll never manage it either.

I don't think anyone is going to be doing 1:40's in that car unless they are using skid recovery. The car handles like a boat, understeers at all speeds regardless of tune, and is basically on the wrong tyres by one or two grades.

Is it actually possible without skid recovery or using the other cars to slow you down?
 
Last edited:
Kingpin, thanks for posting these tunes! Based on some of these, I was able to Gold the Laguna Seca (Mustang) challenge first try - I bought the car and optioned it up to spec just for this challenge. As well, I was able to Gold the Mini challenge on the third try. Sadly, I really, REALLY sucked on the Nordschleife, and only managed 7th place on that one. That's not down to anything to do with the setup, though; just crappy crappy driving on my part. :grumpy:

Best of all, though, I was able to extrapolate a bit and play around with the settings on some of the Round 1 Bonus Races, and I managed to Gold ALL of them in two tries or less. This, after only being able to manage Bronze in the CR-Z challenge earlier, and Silver in most of the others (I Golded the Challenger challenge on my own on the second try).

So again, I say a big THANK YOU for posting up these tunes for our benefit!
 
I must be awful at this game :-( NASCAR event dead last by 50 seconds. WTF! Lol
 
Contrary to what I said a page ago, in running the Mustang for quite a lot of laps with all the upgrades fitted to it, just below the HP limit and about 1600-odd kilos; I've developed a tune that will let you run 1:40's completely legally (I managed a 1:40 flat in practice). I estimate that if you can run low-mid 1:40's in the race, you can win it without ramming or corner cutting. This is with everything disabled other than ABS 1

I'll post it sometime later if anyone is interested as well as (hopefully) a replay of me winning the event cleanly.
 
I must be awful at this game :-( NASCAR event dead last by 50 seconds. WTF! Lol


Nah, man, you'll get there. Practice, practice, practice. Nürburgring Nordschleife is a bugger of a course to get good on. Soooooo many places to mess it all up and have the whole lap go wrong...
 
Contrary to what I said a page ago, in running the Mustang for quite a lot of laps with all the upgrades fitted to it, just below the HP limit and about 1600-odd kilos; I've developed a tune that will let you run 1:40's completely legally (I managed a 1:40 flat in practice). I estimate that if you can run low-mid 1:40's in the race, you can win it without ramming or corner cutting. This is with everything disabled other than ABS 1

I'll post it sometime later if anyone is interested as well as (hopefully) a replay of me winning the event cleanly.

Im interested , was only able to finish 2nd at Laguna .
 
Hey guys thought I might share my videos with you. Tuning and the videos of each event. Hope you enjoy, ask me any questions you have.

Mini Cooper - Cape Ring Inside - 5 Laps


* lap time average: 1:05min *

Stock Car + Sports Intake Manifold + Full Transmission + Full Suspension + All Drivetrain parts + Comfort Soft tires.
Driving Aids: OFF, ABS 1 only
Transmission: 118mph
Brakes: F 6 / R 3
LSD: 25/50/18
Height: F -30 / R -15
Spring: 6.0 / 7.5
Ext: 4 / 5
Comp: 4 / 5
Roll: 3 / 3
Camber: 0.5 / 1.5
Toe: -0.20 / -0.30

Ford Focus ST - Circuito de Madrid - 5 Laps


*lap time average: 1:43min*

Stock Car + Sports Intake Manifold + Full Transmission + Full Suspension + All Drivetrain parts + Comfort Soft tires.
Driving Aids: Skid must be ON, trust me. Everything off. ABS 1
Transmission: 143mph
Brakes: F 6/ R 4
LSD: 25/40/20
Height: F -20 / R -5
Spring: 5.5 / 6.5
Ext: 3 / 5
Comp: 3 / 5
Roll: 3 / 3
Camber: 0.5 / 2.0
Toe: -0.15 / -0.30

Ford Mustang V8 GT - Laguna Seca Raceway - 5 Laps


*lap time average: 1:40min*

Stock Car + Oil Change + Full Transmission + Full Suspension + All Drivetrain parts + Window Weight + Carbon Hood + Wing (spoiler) + ECU Chip + Sports Intake + Racing Filter + All Exhaust Parts about 383hp
Tires: Sports Hard
Downforce: Full
Brakes: 6 / 4
Driving Aids: Skid On or Off, Traction 1 or Off, ABS 1, everything off
Transmission: 155mph - 162mph
LSD: 20/35/20
Height: F -25 / R -15
Spring: 7.0 / 10.0
Ext: 3 / 6
Comp: 3 / 6
Roll: 3 / 3
Camber: 1.0 / 2.5
Toe: -0.15 / -0.30

RX-7 394hp Tsukuba Circuit - 10 Laps


* lap time average: 1:00min *

Car: RX-7 Type R Bathurst R (FD) '01, bought from online dealership.
Parts: Oil Change, Stage 3 weight, window weight, wing, ECU chip, full exhaust parts, full transmission/drivetrain/suspension. About 390hp-1048kg
Driving Aids: Trac 1, Skid On, ABS 1, everything else off
Tires: Sports Hard
Aero: Full
Transmission: 168mph
LSD: stock
Height: F -20 / R -10
Spring: 14.0 / 8.0
Ext: 8 / 3
Comp: 8 / 3
Roll: 4 / 4
Camber: 1.5 / 2.5
Toe: -0.20 / - 0.20

NASCAR - Nurburgring Nordschleife - 2 Laps


*lap time of at least 6:50 or less *

Car: any NASCAR, no upgrades!! and no oil change
Aids: Traction 1, Skid On, Active Steering Mild, ABS 1, everything else off.
Transmission: 224 - 235mph
Downforce: Full front and rear
LSD: 30 / 60 / 5
Height: -20 / -20
Toe: 0.00 / 0.00
​


Make sure to check out the channel for more videos. 👍


Unless something changed when i first tried these races which i went with your tunes and tire choice and i could do no better then second on all races except for Nascar race which best i could do was 7th .

Then for some reason i noticed last night that tires were unrestricted .Doh

Anyhow , after installing Racing soft in all races i cleaned up .
 
I've used your setup for all the races, works a treat! Thanks.
I've got all gold except for the NASCAR race. I'm not familiar with the ring and I came 6th.
 
Thanks for posting these man! You rock! Uptight you say?? The other day I had a warning for not capitalising my 'I's... -facepalm-
 
Back