Seasonal Event: Dodge Challenger R/T tuning?

• Thread starter MidianGTX
  • 38 comments
MidianGTX
I bought it new and added a racing filter, this brings me to exactly 425 BHP so there's nothing more I can do in that area. No weight reductions to be done so I'm guessing the secret lies in suspension settings... one of you guys has to know about this stuff 'cause I don't have a clue :scared:

Edit: Oh and maybe a 5 way gearbox? I kept hitting the rev limit on the straights.

Where are these events. I've been offline the past few days due to house sitting. Thankfully I'll be back home and online tonight.

The only tuning necessary for this event is a FC tranny. Its kind of sad but once given that, the car becomes more than adequate in stock form to win handily.

The only tuning necessary for this event is a FC tranny. Its kind of sad but once given that, the car becomes more than adequate in stock form to win handily.

Thanks. What top speed did you set?

Edit: 1st place by 5 seconds :D I set the top speed to 145 and also bought the twin-plate clutch, semi-racing flywheel and carbon propeller shaft because it really seems to struggle changing gears on the corners.

Last edited:
I equipped the FC transmission and adjustable suspension and all drivetrain options. I set the tranny to 160mph. Won the race by 6 seconds.

I did an oil change, and now my stock Dodge Challenger is over the HP limit... what a joke.. -.-

I'm in the same boat. I saw it had lost a few HP and did it. Doh! I was really not thinking there. I've been letting Bob take it out to try and get it back to what's needed. Still no luck after 2-3 races.

As for tuning it in the race, it needs the racing transmission. Although I did manage to get 6th with it being fully stock.

Edit: 1st place by 5 seconds :D I set the top speed to 145 and also bought the twin-plate clutch, semi-racing flywheel and carbon propeller shaft because it really seems to struggle changing gears on the corners.

Came 2nd with that setting.

I bought it new and added a racing filter, this brings me to exactly 425 BHP so there's nothing more I can do in that area. No weight reductions to be done so I'm guessing the secret lies in suspension settings... one of you guys has to know about this stuff 'cause I don't have a clue :scared:

Edit: Oh and maybe a 5 way gearbox? I kept hitting the rev limit on the straights.

I think the most important thing to nail dead on is the gearing. Followed bye front camber I left the rear camber very low like .5 I think so that it would hook up under throttle then the front I think I had at 3.0 I would check but my BSpec driver is in the middle of forumlagt

Also I lowered it just a tad and about 2mm more infront than rear to induce tiny amount of oversteer. I then raised the spring rate about 50% over what the default racing numbers where then I set the dampers to 9 rebound 7 bound and then I left the front sway and raised the rear sway 2 notches again to induce some oversteer.

The rest is just making sure you stay tight and true to the lines dont deviate over do it on the throttle. I also would recommend TCS if you are on a six axis if you have a steering wheel you really dont need TCS the car gets good traction.

That should be good just focus on getting the gearing so that you are just barely bouncing off the red at the very very end of the straight. I would have to let up off the accelerator just a tad so that you don't loose speed from hitting the rev limiter

Good luck got it on my second try the first try I had not made any of the adjustments I mentioned above. The difference was 8 seconds so it helped.

Remember that a lot of the above is driver preference and also all the things that cause your car to oversteer are bad if you are not going to use TCS on a six axxis don't waste your time doing TCS off it doesn't make it more realistic I assure you because in real life you would be able to modulate the throttle which you can not do very well on a ps3 remote!

Just do the trans, the rev limiter is by far the most limiting factor of the stock car. I won easily after that mod.

I put in tunable transmission, tunable suspension, and aero. Dropped the car all the way, set the top speed to 165 or so, firmed up the shocks, springs, and swaybars, dialed in a little camber, and destroyed the event by 15 seconds even though my laps were far from perfect.

RM would cause the car to be too light for the event. Must be stock weight.

I actually won by 10 seconds, but it came with cutting the first corner (not that it mattered because I would have won anyways).

Just do the trans, the rev limiter is by far the most limiting factor of the stock car. I won easily after that mod.

Yep , just do the Trans and keep it tight round the track and it should be an easy win, i was first at the end of the forth lap.

Thanks :D I finished first by 5 seconds with this setup too.

So, if I'm reading this thread right, all you have to do is set your tranny to 131, 145, 150, 155, 160, or 170.

My problem has nothing to do with speed, but keeping that speed in check accelerating out of the corners....I'm using a wheel & pedals without TCS and there are times I spin the car completely around coming out of a turn when I feel like I'm just barely feathering the throttle.

Edit: Using the above settings from givemedew & 155 on the tranny, I was able to win....but I'm not gonna tell tall tales about lapping anybody....won by less than a second.

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat. I saw it had lost a few HP and did it. Doh! I was really not thinking there. I've been letting Bob take it out to try and get it back to what's needed. Still no luck after 2-3 races.

As for tuning it in the race, it needs the racing transmission. Although I did manage to get 6th with it being fully stock.

I took for 2 classic muscle car races, and in the end I gave up and bought another one.. in Green!

If you give it the RM, does it disqualify it from the event?

I believe the RM is considered a different car entirely. Also, it gives you all 3 stages of Weight Reduction instantly, a FC Tranny, an FC Suspension and it replaces all of your other current parts.

I had a lot of fun with this event. Although I did end up buying a new FC tranny, LSD, Suspension, I even put a spoiler on it. I think all you need is the Tranny (set to 150 mph) and the LSD, I tweaked mine to (5/20/5) and I was able to take corners a lot faster which really helped. I also turned off the traction control which seemed to speed me up, but you're going to have to experiment a little bit to find a setup which works for you.

FC Transmission - Max speed set to 290km/h
FC Suspension - Height (-25/-25), Spring Rate (8.0/7.5), Dampers All 6, Anti-Roll 4/4,
Camber .5/.5, Toe 0/0
Racing Air Filter
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Carbon Drive Shaft

The LSD would only make this car handle that much better.

Won this in a breeze and didn't even drive that great.

FC 260km/hr
Racing Air Filter
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
LSD 10/40/20
Carbon Drive Shaft
No weight reduction at all
No suspensions
Blew by competitions

Back