Seasonal Event - Fiat 500

• Thread starter andmen
  • 7 comments
amenasce
I tried but im always 3sec behind the A2. Im at 1000 kgs with 65hp. Added rear wing , race trans and suspension.

Trans is lowered to 140 kmh to favor acceleration but it's not enough.

I give up. I tried 4 times and im always 2/3sec behind the Audi. Decreased DF, lowered the ride..nothing helps/

I don't think it's a setup problem, it sounds more like a technique problem. You might need to take tighter lines and carry more speed. If you can keep it at or above like 38 MPH (60 KPH) through the first right-hander, no less than like 35 (56) around the tight left-hander, flat out through the right-hander just after it, then 35 (56) around that last hairpin and feather the sweeping right onto the finish straight just enough to keep you on track you should probably be able to get it. From about lap 3 on I was able to claw back about 5 seconds a lap, so as long as I was around 10 back with 2 to go I could make it up. Just keep it clean and try not to bump other cars and scrub speed.

I usually go around 65-72 mph on the last turn before the finish line as you can pass the AI faster like I did at the last lap, passing the Audi A2 but mine with semi-racing suspension, fully customised transmission, window reduce weight, bodykits and after market wheels :)

I did this with a fully stock Fiat 500. I think the only one I did with an upgraded car was the Challenger and only because I wanted a higher top speed. For the Tsukuba Circuit, it's all about late braking and foot to the pedal. Don't bother using the given driving lines (if you are). The car is so light that after hard braking (and it's not like you're going to spin out), you should have no problem flicking the car to the exit angle and speed out. Hard braking corners are 1, 4, and 7. Dunlop you just let off the gas and flick, and the last corner you ride it in 3rd (iirc) and just floor it to a slightly wider line (than the driving line) to hit the extra patch.

no tc, just abs=1 and fairly aggressive driving (get in deep in the corners, flick the car and go), passed the #1 car on the last turn

TCS off, but I only ever use it on high-powered RWD cars or cars with a lot of wheel slip off the line, and even then I only set it at 1.

Back