Seasonal Event - SSR5 is the most fun I've had on GT5 so far.

• Thread starter MidianGTX
  • 180 comments
for those of you who won, what were your lap times. I am hitting high 1:31's and only got 3rd, though close to second about 20s from 1st. I dunno if I can shave my lap to 26's

1:27's throughout. Minus the 1st lap.

J32
Aboslutely love this event. Got it on my second try, the first try I got second.

All weight reducton/Tourque sensing diff (40/60)/racing filter/sport softs.

This.👍 Plus, I changed the Brake Balance to 40 Front, 60 Rear.

This way, you're able to come onto the brakes harder, without washing the front end out, thus being able to turn sharper. I was able to pass the Gt40 at the hairpin at the top of the hill on lap 5. I even left a scratch or two on the guardrail. Posted mostly 1:27's as well.

Excellent tune.

Edit: This is with the GT-R SpecV '09

Last edited:
won this on first attempt with a stock GT-R '07 (+ oil change) .. Make sure you use sports soft though

It's great to get this amount of A-spec points without running an endurance race too.
Also a lot quicker.

Amen! After this race, the Challenger one, and the CRZ one, I went from A spec level 16 to 20, and from 700,000 credits to close to 2 million.

A great stimulus package for my EXP and credits :)

... and BIG KUDOS to PD for update version 1.05!

What is this SSR5? Where is it at, im not seeing it.

Assuming you've got the latest update (1.05) and are connected to the internet, it's in Seasonal Events > Bonus Race 1 and it's the last event in that section.

I just completed the event for the first time. It was extremly fun. I wish they would include HP and weight resrictions in all of the A-spec races. BTW, I got third. Passed the Viper on the sharp U turn on lap 5 so i need to improve.

Who was the genius behind spreading out the AI? It's fantastic! The CPU intelligence seems so much better when you're only tackling one at a time, rather than having 12 cars throttling it into the first hairpin. You can actually overtake without any bumps or scrapes at all. Does this happen in the other seasonal events? I haven't checked yet.

Anyway, another great aspect of this mode is the fact you can't just power to the front of the pack within 30 seconds. The whole race is actually a race rather than a boring game of "I Spy" with the background scenery. You're constantly trying to catch up to the next guy, pushing as hard as you can to get maximum performance.

...and you know what? I came 7th. Yes, it's pathetic, but damn it was fun. I still got awarded a respectable 210,000 credits and 21,000 XP despite my crappy performance and now I have something to improve upon.

Amen to everything you just said. Awesome, AWESOME event.

These are set up to be pure fun. Challenging, definitely. Frustrating? No. Fun? Absolutely, it's some of the most I've ever had racing in the Gran Turismo series.

My only disappointment is that the rest of A Spec isn't set up like this. Man this game has potential... it's great to see it come through.

Great move by PD, and I'm really looking forward to more in the future. I'm loving this update. 👍

Just gave it a go before I log off. Finished 2nd in my Proto (Premium)

No Oil change
lowest exhaust (Sport?)
Sports Soft.
Will be winnable when I'm awake :-D

*DS3 User*

Edit: Average 1:28 per lap

I found the Fiat the most fun. Got me a kick-ass body kit, some gold rims on my red 500. Burnin 'em up :)

Fun as it is, it really isn't a model answer to all the A-spec races, since this is fundamentally Sega Rally arcade gameplay.

I got 55,000 XP for coming in 3rd. LOL

That's awesome. Wish there were events like this all the time...that were repeatable. haha

I actually came 2nd on the 4th lap and came first just after the tunnel section on my 5th, i was doing 1:26 a lap. I did it with the specV with racing air filter, all lightweight upgrades and all drivetrain upgrades.. no aero parts or wheel change and suspension was added (Because i had no more credits lol) oh and soft sport tyres. This was actually on my first go! Its not that hard really IMO.

Easiest cr1000000 ever.

Stage 2 weight reduction, windows, soft tires, air filter, Spec V.

Crushed em. Passed the GT in the Hairpin and drove like crap to boot. Pie.

GT Academy GTR isn't eligible BTW, not a freaking clue why, just had to spend money on a PoS R35 that has no soul. But it did net me ~800000 in return.....

Do like these events. Kinda silly, but still fun, and that is what it is all about, right? Gonna make a dent in the 908 Funds. lol

People 2 questions...

1º- I have a Nissan GT-R SpecV 09' but i cant get in the event, because it has 506 CV, and i cant decrease more, should i buy another one to the event? (Because the money that you earn is amazing)

2º- Any tips to win the event of Fiat 500? I only do 2º place.

Please reply fast!

I used a standard GT-R '07. Lowered the weight as much as I was allowed, added a sports air filter (I think?), then the best tires I was allowed as well as height adjustable sports suspension (lowered all the way). I then installed a rear wing, front diffuser, skirts etc.

Won the race by 0:00:362 ahead of the Ford GT at my first attempt.

1,000,000Cr and 100,000Xp made me very happy.

On reflection, the Fiat 500 race was the toughest of them all. I won the Challenger race with well over a lap to spare, same with the race at Deep Forest.

6 sec ahead of first with some mistakes with the prototype '05, max weight reduction 491 bhp, all the aero mods, max downforce and transmission set to 260 km/h
(and sports suspention)

Really forgiving event if you just focus on getting out of corners as fast as possible and find a good racing line through the many S curves.
Good line through the tunnel->right->left->right will save you like 3seconds +
Best lap time 1.26.2xx

Used a GT-R Spec V, + Air Filter, suspension, drivetrain upgrades, weight reduction stage 3, carbon hood, lightweight windows, all aeros, aerodynamics set on the max...

Could win on the 4th try... best lap 1:26:440 so far :) It was awesome, very, very, very, very FUN competition. I really can't wait to try the others if they offer the same level of fun... The GT-R was well adjusted, so it's a matter of braking correctly, pointing the car in the right place on the corner and pedal to the metal everytime that was possible.

Really loved this event! :) Helped me to discover how damn good the GT-R can be! And kudos to the AI... like some people said, they work much better spreaded.

The secret about the track its to find a perfect line through the "esses" and flat out there!

I decided to use the GT-R Concept (Tokyo Motor Show 2001) and left the settings stock.

I know I would have been faster in the v-spec, but I'm glad I used the car I did, as it made for an exciting and extremely close race, overtaking the first place car within the last few corners!

Most fun I've had on GT5 yet!

If you go onto Nissan you'll notice that the stats of the Nissan 'motul autech' right up to the 'yellowhat yms tomica' have exactly 493BHP & weigh 1100kg. Coincidence..? Yet you can't use them. Wasted 950k buying one !!!

Back