seasonal race - which skyline to use

I have got gold on all the other events, but I am now up to the last one - with the skyline. I tried it in the GTR 07 spec, but I prefer the handling of the earlier skylines.

Any recommendations?

I have not ran it yet but I think I am going to try one of the GTR race cars. Looks like that is what it is setup to use as they have the exact HP and weight needed, provided the car is 0 miles and no oil change.

GT-R '07 did the trick. Lose the extra weight and slap on a sport exhaust, should be a piece of cake from there onwards.

I used the skyline gtr v spec nur i found it in the online dealership. I got second on the first try but it is possible to get first and i didn't try again as i wanted to try the drifting lol. I got all mods on it bar the ones which would take it above the hp limit and the best tyres that are allowed in the event.

i did it in the spec v 09 the one that costs 167G from dealers think i only added a air filter and sorted the gearing and suspension out and did it quite easy

ok cool, will tweak the gtr 07 and try again later.

Its interesting that for the other seasonal events just a window reduction brings the weight down to the limit, whereas with the skyline event the limit is 1100kg, and as far as I can see theres no skyline (even with the reductions) near that.

GT-R Spec V. Air Filter + All weight reduction upgrades + aeros + some other important stuff such as clutch, flywheel, suspension, carbon driveshaft... put some sports soft, crank the aeros all way up to give downforce... suspension lowered to the max on the front, a little big higher on the rear, add some camber and it's a WIN... control the braking, make good turn-ins and just slam on the pedal the rest of the track.

Important: The "esses" of this track are important. Find the best line to do them flat out the most you can.

Good luck!

Okay, I used the spec V 2009 with lowered weight and racing filter. I also did the other things like double clutch, etc. Oh, I added the wing with maximum downforce too.

I keep doing consistent 1:29s yet I always end up 8 seconds behind the Ford GT. Any tuning set ups that might help? :/

Oh and I set the braking balance to 6-4

tdk
Okay, I used the spec V 2009 with lowered weight and racing filter. I also did the other things like double clutch, etc. Oh, I added the wing with maximum downforce too.

I keep doing consistent 1:29s yet I always end up 8 seconds behind the Ford GT. Any tuning set ups that might help? :/

Oh and I set the braking balance to 6-4
I used the SpecV '09 and beat it my first time.

I got the aero upgrades, a cat converter, and weight reduction. Something that will help immensely is the torque differential. Set it to at least 40/60 (what I did) and I won by 1.2 seconds...

I did it with the spec V after about 5 attempts, did aero, transmission, supension + weight. No power mods at all. Lowered and firmed the suspension and set downforce to max. Alsoset the transmission for the long straight - somewhere near 175 does ok if I remember correctly.

Another tip, (Racing purists look away) The first corner after the long straight, just keep your foot planted and steer right then left as best as possible. You'll end up running the wall through the tunnel while carrying a decent speed. This should knock a good second off your lap time.

Also set the torque split to 70/30 or 80/20 to suit your style.

Last edited:
People keep talking about adding a transmission -.-

Do you realize that it does not change ANYTHING? It only allows you to change the final gear ratio and if you don't, the car's tranny is as good as stock.

I'll give it another try tomorrow with tweaked torque distribution.

Pretty sure you have to do this with one of the R35. Tried to do it with a R34 fully tuned except the HP (had 463 or something like that), and got 2nd but never could catch the Ford GT. Always behind around 3-4 seconds. So if a R34 can't do it, no way R33 or R32 can do it.

Switched to a R35 with only weight reduction and suspension and was very easy.

FYI, lap times for R34 was 1:30 to 1:31 where as the R35 was lapping 1:26-1:27

Why all the tuning? Just buy a stock Nissan GT-R '07, add sports exhaust and sports soft tires, and go for it, that how I did it... I became 1st on 2nd try. No wheel btw.

I bought a stock GT-R 07, got up to 492BHP, and did all weight reductions + sports soft and the best I can get is 2nd.
Pretty good result, but what should I do to reach 1st?

Last edited:
It's seemingly impossible with an R34, which means you have to use an ugly/heavy R35. :(

Definitely not impossible, I had a 483 bhp (from memory) fully lightened and otherwise worked non-downforce R34 V-SpecII Nür. The suspension tuning was basic to say the least, I drove it like an idiot for the first lap and still passed the Ford in the final chicane.

Can you use the 70's skylines from the online dealership? They are quite light if i remember correctly. Assuming you can get their power up to the 490 limit and the weight to 1100kg, they would surely give you a power to weight advantage. Obviously, the setup/handling would make or break it.

Can I use my GT Academy GTR? Haven't installed new version yet so i can't tell. Really don't want to buy a GT-R, do not rate them at all.

I used an R34 that I already had, removed the massive turbo and ended up around 489bhp, all other mods inc full weight reduction already done. Took me 3 attempts, mind, got the GT just before the last corner.

I tried with the R32 as i had one. Got it to around 493 with some transmission and suspension mods. Couldn't get it just right to claim first so gave in and got the latest model and reduced weight with a 6 speed and transmission and driveline upgrades. once you get you're bearings on the track it's great. Consistent 1:28's did it easily. And it was fun trying to get the right tune for an older car as well.
I would recommend to anyone to try as you will get frustrated but the enjoyment of improving one place at a time is great.

Well thats my thoughts and experience.
Have fun

I used an R33 96', but on the last hairpin before the downhill under the bridge, I had to punt the Ford GT with a pitiful dive-bomb, otherwise would have had to draft him and lose by .20340234 seconds. I could have used a fast car, as it was 481hp, but I didn't want to spend too much time on it. That Ford is really fast on the main straight. I used 25-75 on the diff.

Back