Seasonals

• Thread starter Racin510s
  • 37 comments
United States
Mocksville, NC
Please ask
I have noticed since GT Sport is now out and running that there doesn't seem to be as many people running the current Seasonal Races. Is that the reason or have people just become tired of the repeated events? The reason I ask is that in 2 of the 3 races I have more posts than anyone else. There are still many things you can do with GT6. Is GT Sport that compelling and why there doesn't seem to be many participating in the races. I see see much activity in the Super Laps. I posted this here because it is about the Seasonal Events. I would be grateful for some feedback.:cheers:

I like participating in seasonal RACES, not a fan of the superlaps as once gold is achieved I lose interest. I can't drift so don't do them but eagerly await the races as they have rerun for cash or just fun.
Quick matches are avoided unless you can use a car from your own garage.

I have noticed since GT Sport is now out and running that there doesn't seem to be as many people running the current Seasonal Races.
Because they are playing GTS and I don't think it is because of repeated events in GT6. GTS is something fresh and it seems this game is only going to get better and better over time :).
I really like GTS now, I still got GT6 but I have not played it since GT Sports got released.

My PS3 is hardly being used nowadays. I got a gaming laptop earlier this year but was very slow to buy games for it.

I've been really impressed by the Project Cars 2 Demo with controller on PC. Race Engineer gives precise setup advice based on multiple choice questions about car behaviour. And it works! Coupled with some other controller config refinements, I think this could replace GT6 for me. Next time it's on sale...

Some older titles like RACE 07 work great with keyboard and Unreal Tournament from 1999 has re-ignited the thrill of twitch gaming for me. (Used to play it around the start of this century.) It works nicely in Windows 10 via Steam. No special tinkering, just set the resolution using the in-game menu. That game is nearing 20 years old.

Have branched out slightly and enjoyed Mad Max. DiRT Rally is an absolute must (if you get it on a 70% or 80% sale price) if you enjoy off-road racing in GT6 or other sim style games.

What console lets you play a demo of a brand new AAA racing sim AND a 20 year old FPS with silky smooth 1080p at 75fps, tear free thanks to G-Sync? None of them, that's who! Then again, you could probably buy the 20+ year lineage of PlayStations plus games for less than half what my laptop cost...

So to answer the OP: there is a lot of competition in gaming, more than ever it seems. It's not just PS4 versus PS3, there are tonnes of different franchises and Steam on PC makes that easier to access than ever (apart from the initial cost of a gaming PC).

Last edited:
Time passes, the old games have to fade away. Some mild flattery to the ego to see such low rankings on the Time Trials. And the Quick Match races have been better, fewer ram-happy yobbos and first corner mayhem or was that just some luck of the draw?

Like Kossie, I'm waiting for a real GT 7.
And for the quick match races:
first corner mayhem is what I see in most races. I like to start from the last place, that's easier and less annoying.

I went back to playing Assetto Corsa on my PC. The AI is really good on most tracks compared to when the game first came out, and AC has a lot of really good mods that helps in keeping the game fresh. I will definitely miss GT6 and the people on this forum, but sadly, all good things must come to an end. I have no interest in GT Sport in its current state, due to its lack of content and wheel support.

I go wait for the real GT 7.....
I think if Gran Turismo Sports gets better and which is going to be over time, I reckon there will not be a GT7.
Since GTS got release I have not touch GT6 and it looks like I will never play it again, and another thing I think that Gran Turismo Sport is actually the Gran Turismo 7.

Last edited:
I think if Gran Turismo Sports gets better and which is going to be over time, I reckon there will not be a GT7.
Since GTS got release I have not touch GT6 and it looks like I will never play it again, and another thing I think that Gran Turismo Sport is actually the Gran Turismo 7.
Why they call it not GT7?? I think in 2 years the real deal comes out. It's the same as that Prologue **** i think? Gran turismo(the real) have always a number.

Well the seasonals are a once a month commitment so I think its not a big deal.

I do get it though... I have GT Sport and Forza 7 and they arent grabbing me so much so...

I have noticed since GT Sport is now out and running that there doesn't seem to be as many people running the current Seasonal Races. Is that the reason or have people just become tired of the repeated events? The reason I ask is that in 2 of the 3 races I have more posts than anyone else. There are still many things you can do with GT6. Is GT Sport that compelling and why there doesn't seem to be many participating in the races. I see see much activity in the Super Laps. I posted this here because it is about the Seasonal Events. I would be grateful for some feedback.:cheers:

We've been running these events for many years, Racin510, and in addition to the many new games out there, hundreds of players may have drifted off or only play it sporadically - like me! :dopey:
I, myself, only tried the Seasonals this time around for a couple of hours and that was it, but that doesn't mean other players - even those who are playing other games - are not watching these threads, and comparing notes or recalling past times set. I'm sure many players here enjoy reading your exploits (phenomenal time with the Miura at Autumn Ring, BTW 👍) and I'm still seeing drivers who drove from the very first Seasonals still in here occasionally . Posts not coming in don't necessarily mean there's a lack of community-based players but just lulls in posting when what has been discussed about the event already (since it's a repeat event) isn't merely rehashed.

What about newcomers to the game?
There's always new players to a game - and I see a few occasionally, daring to post for the first time - and I guess a little encouragement might help them open up; fresh experiences are always welcome to read about and comment on.

As for the regulars like me - off and on - we may not open our mouths too often, but when we do it's because we actually have something new or worthwhile to share.

Keep racing! Your wins with all the different cars you use can be quite inspirational. :cheers:

No problem if there won't be a GT7.
Either they get it to an acceptable game with DLCs or I'll get my money to Project Cars 2 or another game.

We've been running these events for many years, Racin510, and in addition to the many new games out there, hundreds of players may have drifted off or only play it sporadically - like me! :dopey:
I, myself, only tried the Seasonals this time around for a couple of hours and that was it, but that doesn't mean other players - even those who are playing other games - are not watching these threads, and comparing notes or recalling past times set. I'm sure many players here enjoy reading your exploits (phenomenal time with the Miura at Autumn Ring, BTW 👍) and I'm still seeing drivers who drove from the very first Seasonals still in here occasionally . Posts not coming in don't necessarily mean there's a lack of community-based players but just lulls in posting when what has been discussed about the event already (since it's a repeat event) isn't merely rehashed.

What about newcomers to the game?
There's always new players to a game - and I see a few occasionally, daring to post for the first time - and I guess a little encouragement might help them open up; fresh experiences are always welcome to read about and comment on.

As for the regulars like me - off and on - we may not open our mouths too often, but when we do it's because we actually have something new or worthwhile to share.

Keep racing! Your wins with all the different cars you use can be quite inspirational. :cheers:

Thank you @photonrider for your reply. Your post was excellent:tup: and full of much truth. I have Assetto Corsa on my recording/gaming PC and do play it very much. I mainly wanted some replies to confirm what I thought may be going on. Your post sums it up very nicely. Thanks again.:cheers:
Barnabas

It might not just be that GTS is out now but also the fact of life gets in the way and it's human nature something new comes out.

I stopped playing GT6 early last year due family life but started playing again a little bit on the weekends and playing the competitions that photonrider holds.

Maybe everyone here who still plays GT6 needs to get together and keep it going and just have fun and don't worry about what the other people are doing. But they are going to stop making events some day soon tho.

Everyone who's still playing check out the events photonrider holds in the AI HUB page.

Last edited:
I like participating in seasonal RACES, not a fan of the superlaps as once gold is achieved I lose interest. I can't drift so don't do them but eagerly await the races as they have rerun for cash or just fun.
Quick matches are avoided unless you can use a car from your own garage.

Hadn't seen this thread til now - I'm hopeless at drifting too, but can usually gold them inside a couple of tries. It's all about picking the right car. For road car drift events, the RUF Yellowbird with CH tyres and no other changes works well; for race car events, the Corvette Stingray Racer Concept with CH will get it done. Sometimes you get events where you can't use those, but most of the time those cars will get you through both drift events in less than ten minutes. 👍

It might not just be that GTS is out now but also the fact of life gets in the way and it's human nature something new comes out.

I stopped playing GT6 early last year due family life but started playing again a little bit on the weekends and playing the competitions that photonrider holds.

Maybe everyone here who still plays GT6 needs to get together and keep it going and just have fun and don't worry about what the other people are doing. But they are going to stop making events some day soon tho.

Everyone who's still playing check out the events photonrider holds in the AI HUB page.

Thanks everyone for your comments. I know real life can get in the way as I am having some serious health issues. There many new games both from Sony and Microsoft and PC so playing fresh games is natural. I didn't create this thread as a complaint. I was just curious if Gt Sport had captivated that many people because I have had and seen about as many cons as pros related to GT Sport. For me it would be one very large investment like close to $800 as I would not play Sport w/o a wheel. @spikyone I don't drift either so that does eliminate 2 events for me. I do suggest that you check out The GT AI Hub that @photonrider has going. I recently entered the fun there and have had a blast. GT6 still has many things to do and the AI Hub proves that. As long as PD continues to give us events , recycled or not I'll still play. I have Assetto Corsa on my PC which makes GT6 seem like the quality of a PS2 and a regular TV. In the meantime have fun with GT6 and like @WhoosierGirl said, "to each their own".:cheers:

:cheers:Happy Holidays to all. I hope your days are filled with joy, family and friends and most of all everyone who may be traveling i pray safety for you.:cheers:

Last edited:
I don't like GT Sport
I don't race online.
My favorite part of Gran Turismo is the Seasonal Challenges.
Since they are leaving in March, 2018, I will stop playing all Gran Turismo at that time.

@UltimateLurker I appreciate your contribution to this thread:tup:. When I found out there was no 2J, that was the deal breaker for me. I hate that this is my last GT. I'll play until they stop support. I've got all my hybrid making apps from GT5 so I won't stop playing GT it just won't be online. I do have a suggestion. When the online stops we could do like we did with GT2 and GT3. First agree on the cars to use, pick the track(s) and run them. Have races where your best lap determines your position. Take a picture of your time and submit it via email. We could also have teams and do the same thing. Establish set parameters on what mods are or use PP so that everyone is in the same car with the same mods. Tuning would be allowed, aids either on or off depending upon the car and track. The tracks should still be able to set up weather conditions and time of day. It is just a suggestion. I had a lot of fun with it way back.

I really appreciate all who have posted.:cheers: If anyone has another suggestion please post it. We don't have to stop having fun with GT6. It is very apparent that Poly and Kaz don't really care. Since the beginning lots of people offered good additions to the game and from GT1-GT6 only a handful of those suggestions were added to the game. I would have thought by GT6 that Poly could get engine sounds correct but no. It's not like you can make them.

Edit: I also wanted everyone to know that that is what goes on In the GT AI Hub. Please check it out. Everyone is welcome and it is a great bunch of people.👍👍👍

Last edited:
@UltimateLurker I appreciate your contribution to this thread:tup:. When I found out there was no 2J, that was the deal breaker for me. I hate that this is my last GT. I'll play until they stop support. I've got all my hybrid making apps from GT5 so I won't stop playing GT it just won't be online. I do have a suggestion. When the online stops we could do like we did with GT2 and GT3. First agree on the cars to use, pick the track(s) and run them. Have races where your best lap determines your position. Take a picture of your time and submit it via email. We could also have teams and do the same thing. Establish set parameters on what mods are or use PP so that everyone is in the same car with the same mods. Tuning would be allowed, aids either on or off depending upon the car and track. The tracks should still be able to set up weather conditions and time of day. It is just a suggestion. I had a lot of fun with it way back.

I really appreciate all who have posted.:cheers: If anyone has another suggestion please post it. We don't have to stop having fun with GT6. It is very apparent that Poly and Kaz don't really care. Since the beginning lots of people offered good additions to the game and from GT1-GT6 only a handful of those suggestions were added to the game. I would have thought by GT6 that Poly could get engine sounds correct but no. It's not like you can make them.

Edit: I also wanted everyone to know that that is what goes on In the GT AI Hub. Please check it out. Everyone is welcome and it is a great bunch of people.👍👍👍

Maybe a little harsh saying they don't care. They are in a business which requires new product and not spending resources on a 2013 legacy version is understandable. So online ends in March then?

As a long time fan of Sony products, my loyalty has come to an end. I understand that every company is in it to make money. If they weren't, gaming would come to a screeching halt, I get it. Here's the thing though........ There are many games that are older than GT6 that still get online support. Look at COD. How many titles have come out since Black ops 2? It still has online multiplayer and it came out before I bought GT5. GT sport is not the game I was waiting for. Short car list with many dealers just having a few different versions of the same car. The track list is short as well and includes almost none of the classics we have loved since the first gran turismo came out. I bought an Xbox1 because I got tired of waiting on Gt7 and now that seems my only path. I have purchased many racing games for it and none seem to have that "Gran Turismo" feel. Instead of spending money on a PS4 I'm just going to get a wheel for the XB1 to make Pcars and Asetto Corsa easier and more fun to play.

Sorry if this seems like a rant, but I play GT6 almost daily. I love racing 425-450pp in online lobbies and car shows are fun too. The seasonals make for some great challenges and keep me bouncing off the 50 mil credit cap. Cutting us off 5 months after you drop the new game feels like being forced to buy the new game. I would rather stop walking than be pushed down a road I don't like.

I will continue to enjoy the seasonals while they last, but when they are gone I see no point in playing any more. Tried the AI Hub before and I just can't keep up.

i still do seasonals pretty regularly unless I'm moving I moved 3 times in 2017 I have noticed no blue stripes in the time trials tho in the weeks since black Friday i know i wont challenge many of you but it would make me feel not so lonely to chase some aliens (or near aliens) i even started a new account to brush up on my skills till i can catch ps4 under $200 anyway may not be the best outlet friend me up psn pirateregal/dressmess

Maybe a little harsh saying they don't care. They are in a business which requires new product and not spending resources on a 2013 legacy version is understandable. So online ends in March then?

Yes, news here: https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_5985704.html

Sad days, but it'll give me more time to try and complete GT5 (:lol:) and play some of the stack of other games for my PS3 that I haven't even installed yet. Unlikely that I'd spend much more time on GT6 when the servers close as the seasonals are the only reason I've been playing.

As a long time fan of Sony products, my loyalty has come to an end. I understand that every company is in it to make money. If they weren't, gaming would come to a screeching halt, I get it. Here's the thing though........ There are many games that are older than GT6 that still get online support. Look at COD. How many titles have come out since Black ops 2? It still has online multiplayer and it came out before I bought GT5. GT sport is not the game I was waiting for. Short car list with many dealers just having a few different versions of the same car. The track list is short as well and includes almost none of the classics we have loved since the first gran turismo came out. I bought an Xbox1 because I got tired of waiting on Gt7 and now that seems my only path. I have purchased many racing games for it and none seem to have that "Gran Turismo" feel. Instead of spending money on a PS4 I'm just going to get a wheel for the XB1 to make Pcars and Asetto Corsa easier and more fun to play.

Sorry if this seems like a rant, but I play GT6 almost daily. I love racing 425-450pp in online lobbies and car shows are fun too. The seasonals make for some great challenges and keep me bouncing off the 50 mil credit cap. Cutting us off 5 months after you drop the new game feels like being forced to buy the new game. I would rather stop walking than be pushed down a road I don't like.

I will continue to enjoy the seasonals while they last, but when they are gone I see no point in playing any more. Tried the AI Hub before and I just can't keep up.

@Wydopen, it doesn't matter in the AI Hub. I'm not that fast either but the different opportunities there are much more than GT6 is offering. The best part is that every member at the Hub is willing to help even though you are a competitor. I have been hanging out there. I have had a lot of fun. Please reconsider.

@Polsixe, my friend, I have watched how PD has developed the Gran Turismo series and that is why I say they don't care. It is a typical corporate issue. To shut down the servers for GT6 a mere 5 months after the release of GT Sport is a bit ridiculous. It seems they are forcing you to either quit GT6 or move on the GT Sport which even isn't a complete game yet. They may be updating on a weekly schedule but to invest nearly $800 in something that doesn't even offer what GT6 has seems a bit ridiculous. Break down Console approx $300, the game $60 and a Wheel another $2-400 it doesn't take long to spend that kind of money. Me I can't afford it but if I could I still wouldn't not only because of the cost but that the game itself is incomplete. I'm not bashing the Japanese people, but they do have a set way of doing things and regardless of the outcry from the public, the ones who have invested in every version of GT and they still don't have engine sounds right from the samples I have seen. GT Sport is more a racing Facebook than a simulator. Before you ask, Yes I have had several opportunities to sample the "game" and the only thing that is impressive is the graphics and the fact that it loads faster than any other version of GT which is most likely due to lack of content. GT7 it is not. I doubt we will ever see a GT7.

Back