Seasonals

• Thread starter Racin510s
  • 37 comments
Same here.
For me the seasonals are what GT6 makes nice - and the people here.

I don't have enough time for driving due to my family. And so it is not an option to play online all the time to get into 15th place.
That's not the kind of fun I want to have after job and everything else.
It is only for having fun 15 minutes after a hard day.

It's not about the money, ut nearly 1000 Euros for a PS4, GTS, PS Plus and a wheel is too much for this little time I have.

Maybe PD is getting GTS better until April, I'll have a look. If not, that will be the end of my GT career and I will move on to Project Cars or something else.

And I don't want to blame PD: it's comprehensible that they shut down the servers.

At the launch of GT3, I went out and bought the game and a PS2, found I didn't like it, so carried on playing GT1 and GT2 more, then GT4 came out and became the top dog, imagine that, four versions playable on one console, Sony and PD aren't going to make that mistake again.
Once the servers shut down, life goes on and there will be other games that appeal to motorsports fans, Gran Turismo no longer hold the monopoly on slick looking racing games. GTS may be to my liking in time for the PS5 launch :D
Happy new year guys 👍

@8l23ub I totally agree with you. I didn't want GT6 to be the end of my Gran Turismo history, but all good things come to an end. I really Like Assetto on my PC. I am waiting on a friend of a friend that believes he can repair my DFGT. I have a Wheel Stand Pro and a nice 24" HD monitor and super AMD video card. I'll keep playing GT6 until the server goes down. I can go back to building hybrids in GT5 or go with all of new DLC for Assetto Corsa. Considering Project Cars on PC as well. If PD wants to lose a loyal group of fans so be it. You are right , there are plenty of new games so PD doesn't have a lock on the racing crowd any longer.

@8l23ub I totally agree with you. I didn't want GT6 to be the end of my Gran Turismo history, but all good things come to an end. I really Like Assetto on my PC. I am waiting on a friend of a friend that believes he can repair my DFGT. I have a Wheel Stand Pro and a nice 24" HD monitor and super AMD video card. I'll keep playing GT6 until the server goes down. I can go back to building hybrids in GT5 or go with all of new DLC for Assetto Corsa. Considering Project Cars on PC as well. If PD wants to lose a loyal group of fans so be it. You are right , there are plenty of new games so PD doesn't have a lock on the racing crowd any longer.
I’m looking for an alternative. Forza 7 for PC? I’m an admitted cheapster and only laid out $60 for the GT6 disc and 25 blue starter cars, the reliable PS3 was bought for GT5 but I figure that was fully amortized.

I’m looking for an alternative. Forza 7 for PC? I’m an admitted cheapster and only laid out $60 for the GT6 disc and 25 blue starter cars, the reliable PS3 was bought for GT5 but I figure that was fully amortized.

@Polsixe , Assetto Corsa is a great game for PC if you have a gaming PC. I understand but can't confirm that Project Cars is also another very good game for PC. Assetto Corsa will allow you to use a DFGT or an X-Box controller. I had great fun until my wheel died. I have a X Box controller but have had issues getting my PC to recognize it. The game play with a controller is acceptable but no where as much with a wheel.

Cheapster is the nice version of what my kids call me, I purchased AC via Steam for £25 (about $35) and started playing using the keyboard, my liking for the game caused me to spend more money to get a 360 controller, it isn't the same as GT but it has enough to keep a simple soul like myself entertained, I am still enamoured by how pretty it is, GT6 is however still in the lead due to the PS3 being so accessible for me, the kids are either on the PS4 or PC, so I can just pick up and play GT6.
On PS4 I may be more inclined to get AC before GTS at the moment.

Last edited:
I agree with @8l23ub . I purchased AC throught Steam myself. I had great fun until my wheel died, the same as the one I used for GT5-6. The XBox controller is much easier than the keyboard. it does have enought content to keep you into the game. I haven't gotten the latest DLC yet but plan on it soon. I am also considering Project Cars for PC too. I don't know how well they play on the PS4 since the cost is way beyond what I can afford. I'm gonna continue to play GT6 until the servers go down. I'm constaly on the look out for a used DFGT/G25/G27 but people have lost their minds with the prices they are asking for used wheels. I saw a G27 used on Ebay and it was $799. That's twice what it cost new. I do recommend Assetto Corsa on the PC.

Back