Sebastien Vettel challenge: all gold

latchy-j
Hi there i class myself as a decent racer when it comes to games, so it came as a massive shock when i started the vettel challenge. This challenge is so hard (i used the wheel) that i barely scraped through them to get bronze, on the nurburgring gp track i was just 2 tenths in for bronze after about an hour trying. I started this thread cos i want to know who has all gold results on this, or i would like to hear your thoughts on the challenges. Was it hard for you? How many attempts? Etc.

I have gold the 1st one, im not to concerned with the others, infact I might try them soon, rally..despite my lack of experience I seem to always gold them in license tests. (Even when I was younger and bronze was my objective.)

I thought it was hard when I 1st tried since I thought you had the beat the ghost then I realized you didnt and my 1st time trying it (I had not done the full track before cause I just restart when I seen im not catching the ghost) and I got gold.

Last edited:
No one has all gold in that challenge.. as far as I know, Olvi is the only one that I know of with Gold on Monza.

Edit; as far the challenge... for me at least, by far THE most demanding and difficult challenge of any kind in any gran turismo game I've experienced.
First day of trying I gave up when I was 13 sec behind bronze on nurb... played for about an hour then.

Woke up the following day and decided to not give up. Spent about an hour on nurburgring before I came within 1.1 sec of bronze I recall correctly.. gonna check again when I log tomorrow.
Monza; spent about the same time, maybe a little bit less... this I felt was the slighty "less difficult" of the 3.

Suzuka; in a little under 2 hours I got bronze. banged my fist into the table a couple of times though.. after driving "perfectly" for 1.5 laps.. you make a silly mistake in one of the easier corners. You know what I speak of :)

Last edited:
I'm not looking forward to this challenge (Level 29). :(

I don't get it why they made it so hard. Sure, you can buy it at Level 40 if you aren't good enough, but really, it will take forever (if ever) for people to get to Level 40.

No one has all gold in that challenge.. as far as I know, Olvi is the only one that I know of with Gold on Monza.

Edit; as far the challenge... for me at least, by far THE most demanding and difficult challenge of any kind in any gran turismo game I've experienced.
First day of trying I gave up when I was 13 sec behind bronze on nurb... played for about an hour then.

Woke up the following day and decided to not give up. Spent about an hour on nurburgring before I came within 1.1 sec of bronze I recall correctly.. gonna check again when I log tomorrow.
Monza; spent about the same time, maybe a little bit less... this I felt was the slighty "less difficult" of the 3.

Suzuka; in a little under 2 hours I got bronze. banged my fist into the table a couple of times though.. after driving "perfectly" for 1.5 laps.. you make a silly mistake in one of the easier corners. You know what I speak of :)

I know exactly what you mean! I tried at first with manual gears but it was impossible for me to be quick with the steering and concentrate on the gears so i changed to auto so i could really concentrate on the corners. The monza test you can actually cheat at the chicanes which is the only way i did that one lol. And suzuka was the same for me get past halfway on your second lap and just do a simple mistake and boom disqualified. I agree also with you when you say its the hardest challenge in any GT game.

Bronze in this challenge gets you the fastest car in the game. WTF could be the prize for silver and gold!?

This should be posted in our Q & A section of the forum.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=233

I'm new to all this so sorry if i have created this in the wrong place but i don't see why it should be in a QnA area when i have finished the chalenge and I'm not looking for advice on how to do it. I just wanted peoples opinions and their thoughts of what they experienced in this hard challenge. Sorry again.

I have gold the 1st one, im not to concerned with the others, infact I might try them soon, rally..despite my lack of experience I seem to always gold them in license tests. (Even when I was younger and bronze was my objective.)

I thought it was hard when I 1st tried since I thought you had the beat the ghost then I realized you didnt and my 1st time trying it (I had not done the full track before cause I just restart when I seen im not catching the ghost) and I got gold.
You're talking about the Sebastien Loeb (rally) challenge, this thread is about the Sebastion Vettel (Red Bull X1) challenge.

I don't get it why they made it so hard. Sure, you can buy it at Level 40 if you aren't good enough, but really, it will take forever (if ever) for people to get to Level 40.
Well it is unrealistically fast judging by the videos so it should be something that people pull their hair out trying to get IMO.

Either way you don't need to gold it to get the car but it sounds like just bronze is hard as well. I can't wait to get to L30 to try it :drool: I have low hopes for my success though. :ouch:

Unless they make some changes with patches, and reduce xp required / increase xp for races, or add more events, I personally think that most people will leave a-spec for dead.. I have at least for now, since I got the thing I wanted most.. the x1.

I'm new to all this so sorry if i have created this in the wrong place but i don't see why it should be in a QnA area when i have finished the chalenge and I'm not looking for advice on how to do it. I just wanted peoples opinions and their thoughts of what they experienced in this hard challenge. Sorry again.

Well aren't you asking questions about people's experiences with the Redbull X1 Challenge? Should take the time to see if you are posting in the correct section of the forum since we have had multiple threads regarding this subject. The search feature only takes a few seconds.

You're talking about the Sebastien Loeb (rally) challenge, this thread is about the Sebastion Vettel (Red Bull X1) challenge.

Well it is unrealistically fast judging by the videos so it should be something that people pull their hair out trying to get IMO.

Either way you don't need to gold it to get the car but it sounds like just bronze is hard as well. I can't wait to get to L30 to try it :drool: I have low hopes for my success though. :ouch:

Don't get me wrong its not super hard to get the bronze on the events its just so frustrating when you do a little mistake, i have tried this car using the controller and its undrivable imo. And its damn fast i tried the car around the nurburgring nordschleife and my 2nd legit lap with a few mistakes was 3.57.977 its insane.

Unless they make some changes with patches, and reduce xp required / increase xp for races, or add more events, I personally think that most people will leave a-spec for dead.. I have at least for now, since I got the thing I wanted most.. the x1.

You're probably right. I am currently grinding Indy 500 to reach Level 30. After I have gotten the X1 (if I can...) I will probably focus on B-Spec again.

You're probably right. I am currently grinding Indy 500 to reach Level 30. After I have gotten the X1 (if I can...) I will probably focus on B-Spec again.

I did exactly the same. I did not do these indy500 with my wheel however..

I got some good tape, and taped tightly over the X-button once the race started so that I only had to direct the car with the analog... that should give you an indication of how appauled I was over the repetetiveness :scared:

I did exactly the same. I did not do these indy500 with my wheel however..

I got some good tape, and taped tightly over the X-button once the race started so that I only had to direct the car with the analog... that should give you an indication of how appauled I was over the repetetiveness :scared:

I am also using a controller for this crap and I am using a rubber band from the right analog stick to below R2 while watching Seinfeld. And I need to do two more and then some to hit Level 30 (5 hours + some).

Sorry for OffT.

Did it with .600 to spare...and I gotta say its not worth the effort...I was given a bunch of Citroens ..a C3, C4 and WRC c4, quite a disappointment with that. no X1 was to be seen. actually, I'm stupid and misread what this was all about XD I though it was the Loeb challenge OPPS! :dunce:

what the ****? So if you get all golds you DON'T get the X1? No offense, but can you take a pic of your golds? This seems really stupid

Did it with .600 to spare...and I gotta say its not worth the effort...I was given a bunch of Citroens ..a C3, C4 and WRC c4, quite a disappointment with that. no X1 was to be seen. actually, I'm stupid and misread what this was all about XD I though it was the Loeb challenge OPPS! :dunce:

:lol:

I think its like this....

Sebastian Vettel - Red Bull Racing 2010 F1 World Champion , Sebatian Loeb 7 time WRC Champion also Red Bull Racing.

Even the NASCAR special event it was developed by Gordon himself but that one is easy :)

I've seen Sebastian Vettel on GT5 video's specifically on the trailer and the Red Bull X1 GT5 and also NASCAR in a video on about GT5 too.

I don't follow rally or f1 :P the 1st name mixed me up, sorry guys. :P

if you see F1 in a real Grand Prix you will follow it forever for sure.

in youtube if you set the sound to 100% thats nothing to the sound of the F1.

its like 2000% in real life and every single sound detail is perfect.

best sounding F1 this season is the mclaren's MP4-25 f1 car driven by Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button

when I was in Abu Dhabi GP the renault,ferrari,cosworth engine were no match to the mclaren's sound

it just vibrates your brain and underwear.

youtube cant provide even a percent of the sound detail of F1 cars.

Back