Sebastien Vettel challenge: all gold

LuBu
I'm down to less than half a second off gold on Suzuka, just need a little more consistency. Is the Nurb harder or easier than Suzuka?

I found Nürburgring to be much easier than Suzuka. It took me about 45 mind to gold it immediately after golding Suzuka, which took about 4 hours. Suzuka was more about precision and with Nürburgring I just muscled it around the track.I remember really flying into some if those corners on the edge of the grip levels.

I've been reading alot of mixed opinions on which is harder - Nürburgring or Suzuka.

As for me although I felt sort of frustrated while trying to gold Nürburgring, Suzuka was definitely the harder one (at least technically). But I was having alot of fun doing Suzuka, probably because it was the last one I had to gold. Replays of my runs if anyone's interested.

DrTrouserPlank
Just gave it a go. Got bronze on nurb, bronze on monza, tried suzuka and gave up.

I think it's the dopiest car in the entire game and the one of them I do own (which I got free) is still one too many.

"Hey guys I've got a great idea, let's make a really fast car but let's give it no feel whatsoever so you can't tell whether it's gripping or just scrubbing across the track. That way you'll have to rely entirely on visuals to determine if it's gripping, and by the time you realise it's scrubbing it'll be too late anyway.

Let's also make it really fast, but let's do this by making it look like the game is running at the wrong speed, kinda like a game from the 90's running on modern PC hardware at 600 frames/second. We'll also make it absolutely no fun whatsoever to drive. I want it to really feel like a frustrating grind even trying to get this thing around"

Drive it with a wheel (like it's meant to be) and you'll know exactly how much grip you have and how much you can feel the car.

Drive it with a wheel (like it's meant to be) and you'll know exactly how much grip you have and how much you can feel the car.

I play with a G25. You can't tell whether it's gripping or not and because the rear end never comes around it just understeers and you get no feedback through the wheel about this, your only clue is visual (ie: running out of track) and of course at the speed it understeers at you run out of track way before you can make any sort of judgment on what the car is doing based on visuals alone.

As an aside I got another x1 today thanks to the level 35 b-spec ticket. Now I've got 2 copies of the dopiest car in the game. If I could be bothered to endure the Vettel challenge I'd have a complete set of useless cars.

I found Nürburgring to be much easier than Suzuka. It took me about 45 mind to gold it immediately after golding Suzuka, which took about 4 hours. Suzuka was more about precision and with Nürburgring I just muscled it around the track.I remember really flying into some if those corners on the edge of the grip levels.

Yeah I also found this, took me a little longer to Gold Suzuka but the Nurb one I found much more straightforward. 1:03:xxx both laps if I remember, never thought I would be able to ever complete these challenges. 👍

Hey people!

I want to know, who's the won the gold (S. Vettel) in Suzuka with the DualShock 3. And if possible, can send me tips?? :nervous:

Hey people!

I want to know, who's the won the gold (S. Vettel) in Suzuka with the DualShock 3. And if possible, can send me tips?? :nervous:

I've so far only golded Monza with DS3, and a time of 2:02:5**, and have bronze on Nurburgring and Suzuka, but there are a lot of people who have golded all, and you can check youtube for videos and tips.
My only advice is practice a lot and take it easy, because it can be really frustating.

I play with a G25. You can't tell whether it's gripping or not and because the rear end never comes around it just understeers and you get no feedback through the wheel about this, your only clue is visual (ie: running out of track) and of course at the speed it understeers at you run out of track way before you can make any sort of judgment on what the car is doing based on visuals alone.

As an aside I got another x1 today thanks to the level 35 b-spec ticket. Now I've got 2 copies of the dopiest car in the game. If I could be bothered to endure the Vettel challenge I'd have a complete set of useless cars.

Just out of curiosity, have you changed the downforce to full? Also, the stock setup is really bad. For a start, the diff is much better when set to 5 5 5. If you want any more setup tips I can provide them, because it really sounds like you've done something wrong, as I can always feel what the car is doing and only just got a wheel.

Switch your audio output to "small theater" and turn the volume up and turn music off (if it's not already), and you'll easily be able to hear the tires scrub and squeal.

A big thank you goes out to all the people who gave me help and tips on vettel challange. 3 golds and a massive smile lol. Yeee haaawww

Although I didn't help you with getting gold on thie Vettel challenge, congratulations on this amazing achievement :D !

A wheel definitely makes it much easier to Gold all 3. I remember it being really hard to simply get within a second of Silvers. The wheel made a huge difference for me. Couple of weeks ago I opened up a new PSN and decided to Gold all a second time for fun - took just over an hour. :) DFGTs can be found on sale all the time for less than a hundred dollars.

A wheel definitely makes it much easier to Gold all 3. I remember it being really hard to simply get within a second of Silvers. The wheel made a huge difference for me. Couple of weeks ago I opened up a new PSN and decided to Gold all a second time for fun - took just over an hour. :) DFGTs can be found on sale all the time for less than a hundred dollars.

It's not a good idea to drive the X2010 with a wheel because you are likely to burn the force feedback motors out. If you're going to do this with a wheel, then you might a swell plug out the force feedback motors to save you buying another wheel just to complete three events out of the whole game.

Since one of the recent updates that included better support for wheels and ffb, there is no difference between driving an X1 and any other racecar.

Hehe cheers :),

Ye My fastest times are (All can have another second knocked of them with perfect laps);

Monza 1:58.819

Nurburgring: 2:04.825

Suzuka: 2:07.784 (I may try break the 2:06 barrier at some point :D)

Videos are here; https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=178969
Thanks to your videos I have finally golded this challenge. Thanks a lot for your continued educational videos on the game!

Suzuka took me 150 hours easily. The most insane track-car combo ever.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back