Secret Menu

• Thread starter Ibonibo
  • 34 comments

Ibonibo

Premium
Luxembourg
Luxemburg
Already paying my Isp 4 Access
Accees to all cars, define your opponants for races,...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-gt5-prologue-hidden-option-blog-entry

To lazy to read? :
Accessing the menu is simply a case of moving to the Miscellaneous section GT5 Prologue's option screen, holding down L1 and R1 and pressing down, right, right, down, right, right, down, right, right, down, right, right and pressing start. Pad movements needs to be done with the analogue stick, not the d-pad, in order to be recognised - and to be clear, the code only works in Prologue, not the full-on GT5.

LOL you guys i just did it. If you set the playable courses to none, it will show all the tracks hard-coded in the game (I think) It will show Nurburgring, Le Sarthe, Tsukuba, and the normal tracks. Try it!

Accees to all cars, define your opponants for races,...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-gt5-prologue-hidden-option-blog-entry

To lazy to read? :
Accessing the menu is simply a case of moving to the Miscellaneous section GT5 Prologue's option screen, holding down L1 and R1 and pressing down, right, right, down, right, right, down, right, right, down, right, right and pressing start. Pad movements needs to be done with the analogue stick, not the d-pad, in order to be recognised - and to be clear, the code only works in Prologue, not the full-on GT5.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=125306

You should give props to the guy who was the last one to post it. He was the one that founded it hah.

Nethertheless, this is probably why Kaz decided to drop car transfer from Prologue..

LOL you guys i just did it. If you set the playable courses to none, it will show all the tracks hard-coded in the game (I think) It will show Nurburgring, Le Sarthe, Tsukuba, and the normal tracks. Try it!

GOOD JOB! how is your loading time for nurburgring time-trial? mine is still loading..

Last edited:
Wow, all this time we never knew this even existed. I wonder if there is a similar menu in GT5. I'm having a play around with the secret options in Prologue right now. I wonder if there are any secret cars buried even deeper?

anyone getting any luck with loading the 3 additional tracks (Nurburgring, Le Sarthe and Tsukuba). i don't think it will load. its just for show... :(

Someone with a GT3 or GT4 disk, pop it in before selecting the secret tracks, like the Nordshleife. Might that do it? If that does work, it would only work with the downloaded version of GT5P.

Last edited:
I think this explains why you couldnt transfer your credits and cars to GT5. Seems like they knew about this and were giggling we still havnt figured it out yet. That blows. :P I'm glad i didnt waste to much time getting all the cars and sorts.

Just went in, I found that it replaces your garage with a "showroom," which has all the cars in the game (even the GTR Black Mask, but it doesn't have cockpit view). Also, don't try loading the bonus tracks, they don't work.

my question is, how does someone discover something like this? Did someone from PD tell him the comands or was he just sitting infront if his TV the entire week fiddling with the DS3 and suddenly it popped up? :lol:

Chris

This is really interesting, funny that it should come out now after all this time. I wonder if it works with all regions of GT5P (such as the JPN version), this only seemed to be tested with the PSN version.

Christhedude
my question is, how does someone discover something like this? Did someone from PD tell him the comands or was he just sitting infront if his TV the entire week fiddling with the DS3 and suddenly it popped up? :lol:

:lol: It had crossed my mind that the guy just button mashed 24/7 since 2008 and just happened to crack it!... but whats more likely is that he used PS Groove to hack the games code and it was probably written somewhere.

Robin.

I wonder if it works with all regions of GT5P (such as the JPN version), this only seemed to be tested with the PSN version.

I've just tested with my version (US), and it works. Sadly, the extra tracks (Nordschleife, Le Sarthe 2005, Le Sarthe Old and Tsukuba) do not load.

If there's a mode like this for the full GT5, we can all have stealth bonus cars. They're already in the game. a 100kb downloaded file unlocks each car.. lol. =)

They just found it now because the guy is a accomplished hacker, and he didn't want to detract from GT5:P's sales. I got it to work, but I had to hold L2/R2 along with it. Wish I could race at the Nordschliefe in GT5:P, with its different physics and whatnot.

I just tried it in GT HD - the same secret key combo works (except youneed to hold R1+R2 & L1+L2).

Unlocks all the arcade mode cars in GT HD. Was there always am unlockable F599 '06/T in GT HD?

Even has a spot for a "Guest Name" in the secret menu - not sure what that would unlock. I will get out my USB KB and type in Kaz' name and see what happens.

I used to have JPN GT HD, bu tlost that when the original PS3 died. Who knows what secrets the JPN GT HD held?

Tried this on Spec II. It actually works.

Although I don't see the "3 special tracks".

Oh well, at least I have the F2007. I was forever lazy to go for 2million Cr. and get that @#()!* car.

Hmmmmm. I wonder if GT5 GT.VOL files can be extracted and placed in the correct GT5p folder... or maybe repacked into .VOL file.

Gives me something to do until the 3.50 firmware crack is finished.

Hmmmmm. I wonder if GT5 GT.VOL files can be extracted and placed in the correct GT5p folder... or maybe repacked into .VOL file.

Gives me something to do until the 3.50 firmware crack is finished.

:rolleyes: Got something with piracy?

A grand return after 4-day break due to internet problems. Sigh. :ouch:

Latest Posts

Back