Seeing is Believing: // Repeat \\ (07-05-15)

• Thread starter Skython
  • 116 comments
New Zealand
beyond down under
Skython's Gallery: Seeing is Believing

A Tale of a guy from a tiny country who just wanted a bag of chips, but got lost and ended up in the photomode section.

Unfortunately, no one told me that the chips are long gone (turns out the guy offering them only had ghost chips. And I can't eat his ghost chips), and gone also are the days of me being overly unreliable. With a new fully functioning 500GB PS3 and a completely baffled long haired lout sitting infront of it, hopefully some nice images will fling out before I go in pursuit of some other unhealthy snack.

Anyway, I won't delay anymore, it's time for me to get on with what people are here for, which is some visual goodies. So here we go.

11511069415_c36f57d9a1_o.png

11699104155_b921cb19cb_o.png

12078365746_4758b1b76f_o.png

TBA:​

Leaving from where GT5 left off.

11396597834_e5063d6133_z.jpg

🤬 Still getting used to GT6... That's not.. Hold on, I've got this. *muffled shouting from backroom*

Here we go, it should be working now... The old photo displayer guy is dea... I mean, he got fired... Literall.. I mean, he got replaced, yeah... Carry on.

Stop looking at me....

PHOTO!!!!

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

Thank you very much for visiting my new GT6 gallery. I would largely appreciate it if you shoot me a like or even better, a comment. :D :cheers: There is also a conceptual idea behind this first set, it relates to my final set for GT5, and it relates only to certain parts of the set. I'll be surprised if anyone really gets it.

Final GT5 set for reference.

Last edited:
SVX
Epic NZ reference is epic.

The second Viper shot is downright insane. :drool:

Well you sort of made me put the idea for ghost chips in there. :lol: But yeah, the Viper shots all sort of just fell into place in this set. Some shots are quite simple, but who says that simple shots can't be good? Thanks for commenting, Josh. :cheers:

Solid start to your gallery mate. I like the added bits of humor. :lol: It adds to character to your sets. Photo-wise I like quite a few of the X-Bow shots, some nice angles and warmish tones. 👍

I also like the Viper headlight and Abarth shots are quite nice too. 👍

Nice start to your gallery mate. I love the 2nd Viper shot and the 2nd X-Bow shot. Great angles.;)👍

Thanks, mate. :cheers: It seems that the shots you mentioned are the most popular, great to see you comment here. :D

GPR
Solid start to your gallery mate. I like the added bits of humor. :lol: It adds to character to your sets. Photo-wise I like quite a few of the X-Bow shots, some nice angles and warmish tones. 👍

I also like the Viper headlight and Abarth shots are quite nice too. 👍

Thanks, mate. :cheers: It's good to see that people are reading my silliness. :D And yay, someone says something about the Abarth shots. Thank you.

=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=
My initial plan was to get another update out today, however I got called out for work so it's been delayed. Will probably be showing up tomorrow or the next day, depends on if I have work again tomorrow. The issues with casual work. :P

Hopefully I don't do a Polyphony Digital and delay it so many times that it doesn't release until 2017.

Last edited:
YAY. So even the ones I didn't buy in GT5 will be in GT6?

Yep, all of them are there. It's a new game, and it would be a cheap-shot for Polyphony Digital to make us pay for DLC from the previous game on release of the new one. like another console racing sim that is not to be named. :P

Forza

Awesome. Also, I heard there is a street version of the GT350 Mustang as well as the GT350R. Is this true? I may buy the game tomorrow, but I am unsure if I will be able to.

Awesome. Also, I heard there is a street version of the GT350 Mustang as well as the GT350R. Is this true? I may buy the game tomorrow, but I am unsure if I will be able to.

Yep. There's a GT350, which is premium, which can be equipped with the GT350R body kit. Then there's the GT350R, which is standard, the same one in GT4.

Well, now that it's been a few days since the last update, I think it's time for a new one. I said the next update would be out today or tomorrow, and I'm actually being on time, which is unusual for me.

Now, in GT5, I wanted to do updates on this car, I really did. I made one update of it, but that was it. Not enough considering how much I like this car. Now that Polyphony Digital have upgraded it to a Semi-Premium, I am an extremely happy man. Well barely a man, I can't stub my toe without crying for 20 minutes. But male nonetheless. But anyway, have a new set.

Unannounced Participants

Well, I didn't expect to make a set on this at this time, I thought I was just going for my cruise, but I turned onto this road, and these guys in white clothes with hats stopped me, bloody nuisance it was, so I waited a bit...

And then ran away because one started to take his pants off... :scared: But then again, he was in the line for the portable lavatory...

But still, I got scared, so I decided to escape.

Eventually I escaped the strange campus. It was weird, I don't know why there was so much hay, or people standing around watching me, but it was odd. I stopped after the finish line, and some bloke started shouting at me, so I left.

PREVIEW

Anyway, that's all for now. I'm pretty sure that ever since I got GT6 my shots have improved? But I don't know, I generally don't try and rate myself because then I'll get stuck in a mindset of trying to get better, and then I won't get better, because I can't force progress, it has to be natural.

Also, because no one bothered trying to guess the conceptual thing I stated about, I'll just explain it.

The final shot in my GT5 gallery was the Viper ACR at SSRX, so I start off in GT6 with the new SRT Viper at SSRX, to show forward transition from old to new.

Then in the GT5 final set, there was a section of white Fiat 500 shots in beautiful old ruins of a building.

This shot exactly.

11185288853_31ef7dfdb7.jpg

So in GT6, I took the new Abart 500 to a very new, very modern location.

11396590284_dd30234a18.jpg

The angles have similarities too... Sort of, but that was unintentional.
But anyway, thank you very much for visiting my new GT6 gallery. I would largely appreciate a comment about anything relating to the gallery. A like will do, but a comment is just better. :P Thanks for coming. :cheers:

I agree with Georges, your texts add a lot to your gallery :lol:
What is the problem with your toe ? :lol:

Very nice start to your gallery 👍

A lots of very beautiful pics and some which are just superb ! The close shot of the Corvette eye for example. Or the one with Xbow in portrait format.

I also love the Fiat 500 shot in Valence : very nice composition ! And it's fun to watch it with the GT5 shot of old version of the 500 👍

@Kodje

Thanks for visiting and commenting, mate! :D There are many problems with my toes, but I don't think I've ranted about that yet. :P

Also,

The close shot of the Corvette eye for example. Or the one with Xbow in portrait format.

Corvette Viper eye. This just supports my idea that the new Corvette and Viper have similar front ends. ;)

But yeah, thank you very much for visiting and commenting. :cheers: It seems like ever since I've made the move to GT6, people have decided that there's no point visiting. :( It also seems like comments are a thing of the past, with likes coming into being. So thanks heaps for commenting, as comments are way better. :cheers:

I quite like the stories you put into your sets.:lol: It differentiates it from other galleries which is a good thing.

I also like the composition and use of depth of field in your El Camino preview. Looks good.;)👍

I quite like the stories you put into your sets.:lol: It differentiates it from other galleries which is a good thing.

I also like the composition and use of depth of field in your El Camino preview. Looks good.;)👍

Yeah, that El Camino shot is one of my only shots which has direct inspiration. Mainly from car magazine photo's, where you get customized cars in industrial areas or under bridges with graffiti on the walls and stuff like that. Thanks a lot for commenting, mate. :cheers:

And the long haired man took some nice pics of a Ford, number five is my fav 👍

Thanks, Hervé. :cheers: I was quite happy with the mood in that shot. :D

Also, a special thanks to @Terronium-12 for featuring my Abarth shot in the weekly rewind. :cheers: And sorry for dragging you all the way here just to say that. I'm just happy to have something of mine used in there. :D

Love the way you associate a story of sorts with your shots, funny, but a good inclusion :)

And yes, I was quite aware of the link between your GT5 Viper closing shot and the one you started your gallery with, that's what I call creativity 👍
ANd yes, congrats on having the Abarth shot featured in the rewind :cheers:

Love the way you associate a story of sorts with your shots, funny, but a good inclusion :)

And yes, I was quite aware of the link between your GT5 Viper closing shot and the one you started your gallery with, that's what I call creativity 👍
ANd yes, congrats on having the Abarth shot featured in the rewind :cheers:

Yeah, the Viper connection was quite an obvious one. The Fiat 500 - Abarth 500 was a bit more subtle, as it has more thought laid out into how it relates and the relation isn't very clear. The overall theme of the concept is making progress. Catching up with time. ;) The stories may not always be included, but I'll try and add one when I can. Sometimes I'll get something which I don't think is funny enough. Thank you very much for visiting and commenting, Sean. :cheers:

The RS200 set feels so action packed! :cool: And the X-Bow shots, especially this one are :drool:!

Yeah, the RS200 set is one of my best for action. And I'm quite happy about my decision to add those colours into the X-Bow shots. I feel they add a bit more flavour. Thank you very much for visiting and commenting, mate. :cheers:

Anyway, now I have a full set on arrival in a little bit. The issue is that I really can't create any form of story or making any interesting comments this time around. :( But next time I can guarantee that there will be one. And if there isn't, I will cut my own leg off... With a butter knife.

The Thing at the Place and Stuff

Would that even work? A butter knife is pretty blunt.

At least it's not a spoon.

Oooh, look, pretty...

No, shut up, Carl! No, it's not my fault you didn't write any material for this update.

Note: ^ Failed Panorama I believe. It wasn't meant to be one, but I didn't want to show all that extra space of sky and ground... I was just cutting out the fat.

If you didn't want me to just talk nonsense you would have made me a story. Now get back into your cage and get writing for the next update. No, Carl! You can't have any food until you create something! The sharks are getting awfully hungry, and I'm still debating whether I should feed you to them or that other clot who's meant to be writing my fan fiction... Shut up. Get writing...

"Houston, we have a problem"
"Houston? HOUSTON!? Mate, we're not in bloody Houston anymore! We're not even in America, or on the earth itself!"

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Well, now that I've discussed with Carl about the next update, I can go back into hibernation. All I can say about next update is... Merry Christmas! There is an appropriate set coming up.

But anyway, thank you very much for visiting my new GT6 gallery. I would largely appreciate a comment about anything relating to the gallery. A like will do, but a comment is just better. :P Thanks for coming. :cheers:

(A fair while later)

Or maybe... You know, nothing. Yeah, I can do with nothing, sounds nice... :P

Last edited:
Haha, Carl needs to get his act together. ;)

Well a comment you shall have. I actually like the pano even though that wasn't what you set out to do, it works and looks good. 👍 I also dig the front crop of the Chevy. 👍

Beautiful shots! I love the 507 and the last VW picture.

Thanks Eric. :cheers:

GPR
Haha, Carl needs to get his act together. ;)

Well a comment you shall have. I actually like the pano even though that wasn't what you set out to do, it works and looks good. 👍 I also dig the front crop of the Chevy. 👍

Yeah, I regret not having the shot sit without tilt to either side. Would have made it that little bit better. And that Chev shot is one of my favs of the set too. Thank you for commenting, mate. :cheers:

The good news is, the boss is now satisfied enough with the responses that he isn't going to fire me (this time around). :lol: Yay! :cheers:

Back