SEMA 2018: Chevrolet's All-Electric eCOPO Camaro is a 700hp Drag Monster

This was fantastic. The number of people crowded around it was insane too. I tried to get it out of the GM rep whether or not they were going to offer this as a crate engine, but he just kind of smiled and said "we'll see".

I love it. 9 second EV drag car sounds awesome. My engines professor, who has modded engines most of his life and bleeds American Muscle, was less enthused.:lol:

Once the noise and fury of the petrol engine dies, my interest in cars will. Sound is such an important part of the experience for me.

I think the sound of an engine is the hook which initially makes a child like motorsport/cars. Followed by the smell of rubber/oil/petrol. Remove most of these ingredients and what's left ? Nothing that interests me.

The first series that I follow to be ruined is World Rally X in 2020, going all electric. One more year left of the flame throwing, anti lag beasts, then it's over, the sport dies, (for me).

Oh, Chevrolet realized why an almost stock Tesla Model S makes a good drag car.
I hope they've made eCOPO all wheel drive as well - that should benefit the acceleration.

Apologies in advance for going OT, but who all from GTP is in Vegas? All those that have contributed articles addressing show content?

Electric engine in a Camaro....why? I mean enviromental friendly cars should exists, but it is a muscle car, the sound is part of the experience.

Glad Chevy is moving forward.

Isn't that Toyota?

This was fantastic. The number of people crowded around it was insane too. I tried to get it out of the GM rep whether or not they were going to offer this as a crate engine, but he just kind of smiled and said "we'll see".

That would be phenomenal.

I love the idea behind this but those lightning bolts on the bonnet/hood are hilariously bad :lol:

I love the idea behind this but those lightning bolts on the bonnet/hood are hilariously bad :lol:
Right?

:lol:

All it needs is tear graphics on the side to reveal Geiger-esque biomechanical internals and a perforated decal in the rear window depicting a bald eagle soaring across a pristine lake while clutching an American flag.

It's a great idea to further performance since electric power brings a lot of torque, part of drag racing(I think). Though this also makes me sad, it seems like a sign of ICES going away and the sound along with. It's good to see the drive for speed will not fade, I just will miss the other parts of that experience with newer cars.

Back