Sense of speed in GT5 (Sound)

  • Thread starter Thread starter StogyBear
  • 67 comments
  • 5,899 views
I play GT5 on my PC monitor, so I sit within 50cm of it, and the sense of speed is fine and my Trinitron G520 CRT monitor is quite small, 20 inch viewable diagonal, and 720p on it is tiny with the black borders top and bottom with the 4:3 screen aspect ratio :)

There are plenty of other games on the PC that feel a lot slower.

If your playing it on a TV and sitting 6 feet away it's going to feel slow.
 
Honestly, take a Tesla or iMiEV out for a spin and get it up to speed. Say 60mph, there is virtually no wind noise at all. You can tell because there is no engine noise. The tires make more noise than the wind.

Take your real car out at 60mph, and if you wanna hear your radio, you gotta turn it up pretty loud to COMPENSATE for the high wind noise, and that's only at 60mph!

I can't imagine what the wind sounds like at 200+mph, but GT5 definitely does not deliver.
 
Honestly, take a Tesla or iMiEV out for a spin and get it up to speed. Say 60mph, there is virtually no wind noise at all. You can tell because there is no engine noise. The tires make more noise than the wind.

Take your real car out at 60mph, and if you wanna hear your radio, you gotta turn it up pretty loud to COMPENSATE for the high wind noise, and that's only at 60mph!

I can't imagine what the wind sounds like at 200+mph, but GT5 definitely does not deliver.

That depends entirely on the vehicle. In my truck I have to turn my radio up fairly high at 60mph, but that's more due to the diesel engine and 4" straight pipe exhaust.

My mother's Lexus GS300 has virtually no wind noise at 60mph. In fact, I've been driving way over the speed limit in her car, because compared to my truck it doesn't feel fast. 90mph in her car feels like 40mph in my truck.
 
Without gravity games will never feel like real life. Gt5 comes the closest I have seen for a console but still nowhere near real life.

I think those crazy aircontrolled cockpits are the closest we can get but they are probably over $10,000 : (
 
Back