Sepang International Circuit

Sepang International Circuit 1.1

• Thread starter OdeFinn
  • 6 comments
@OdeFinn are you able to reduce the corner radius for Turn 1 and 2 and also Turn 9?
sepang-png.459358

That map from your resource shows the compromises you made to get 15m width in v1.0 editor.

My notes tell me I tried this again. Not enough had changed to increase my review to 4 stars. I'm sure you can do it, if you have time. 👍

@OdeFinn are you able to reduce the corner radius for Turn 1 and 2 and also Turn 9?
sepang-png.459358

That map from your resource shows the compromises you made to get 15m width in v1.0 editor.

My notes tell me I tried this again. Not enough had changed to increase my review to 4 stars. I'm sure you can do it, if you have time. 👍
There is slight changes on few corners on latest version, but editor limitations make impossible to tighten those turns. I have tried to left feel of those turns accurate, meaning similar driving lines can be taken thru them as on real-world track.
Adding more scenery is impossible due editor limitations, destroying track authenticity is only way to get more scenery, but that's not thing what I'm doing, my first priority is keep tarmac areas/curves as real as possible, even it means no scenery some places.
Making track narrower and those curves can be made tighter, but then whole track losses it's main feature as wide fast track.

Summary, can't do tracks more authentic than editor limits allows, can't please things what I don't have tools to provide.

Check Hungaroring, that's pretty accurate, it's slightly shorter than real, but really addictive.

Last edited:
Oh, I've read in the modified track editor discussion that a lot more is possible? One version says it has 'no checks' so you can put scenery anywhere. There was an online tool (discontinued due to server costs) which allowed anchor points into any kind of corner radius.

The limitations are to avoid super realistic tracks, I guess that would be an issue for licensing. But with the modified tools, it looks like the essential shape and even the elevation is becoming possible. Add basic scenery with the 'no checks' editor and you can achieve the same gameplay. It's just the textures and surrounding landscape that will differ.

Your tracks are consistently the best I've seen within the limits of the old editor. Trying to encourage you towards the new and upcoming techniques as I think you'll work wonders with them. 👍

Oh, I've read in the modified track editor discussion that a lot more is possible? One version says it has 'no checks' so you can put scenery anywhere. There was an online tool (discontinued due to server costs) which allowed anchor points into any kind of corner radius.

The limitations are to avoid super realistic tracks, I guess that would be an issue for licensing. But with the modified tools, it looks like the essential shape and even the elevation is becoming possible. Add basic scenery with the 'no checks' editor and you can achieve the same gameplay. It's just the textures and surrounding landscape that will differ.

Your tracks are consistently the best I've seen within the limits of the old editor. Trying to encourage you towards the new and upcoming techniques as I think you'll work wonders with them. 👍
Nice, but not using modified TPE, I'm on limitations of official TPE.
Not sure if someday trying it, but not in nearby days.
Ranking track made with official and saying what it misses is bit rude when assumptions aren't realistic and based on official TPE. Official has limitations, but all track are driveable off/online, modified tracks are 90% smoothly working in all aspects, i.e. I want clock my laps without mysterious red laps or flickering screen.. ;)

Back