Modified Track Path Editor + Tracks/Discussion

suspiciousawesome-2.gif~c200

Starting to think PD might have slipped something in regarding the length of tracks being possible, I can't create a track nowhere near the length of my IoM track without it freezing anymore.
EDIT:
Just deleted & reinstalled the custom TPE, created a quick track at 35km & it didn't freeze :) look's like it's sorted again.
Targa Florio here I come :) (half the size, obviously) got no chance at 70km lol.
EDIT: frozen again at 32.5km :( wtf this is so random.

Last edited:
Starting to think PD might have slipped something in regarding the length of tracks being possible, I can't create a track nowhere near the length of my IoM track without it freezing anymore.
EDIT:
Just deleted & reinstalled the custom TPE, created a quick track at 35km & it didn't freeze :) look's like it's sorted again.
Targa Florio here I come :) (half the size, obviously) got no chance at 70km lol.
EDIT: frozen again at 32.5km :( wtf this is so random.

I sure hope Mr Grumpy that you get it sorted out. Your tracks are 10 out of 10, GREAT !!! in my book. If it weren't for you (and a few others) making these excellent tracks, I would have stopped playing GT6 long ago. In fact, it's the ONLY reason I still play it.

I just don't get the PD people at all ?!? A while ago, they patched the glitch that allowed you to play "user created tracks" in the Championship series. It was the ONLY way to play "B" spec "user created tracks". It was easily patched. Why didn't the PD make a patch to "B" spec "user created tracks" in arcade mode? I'm not a computer wiz, but if there was a glitch already programmed into the game that allowed it, it must be that easy to also make a patch to allow for "B" spec "user created tracks" in arcade mode.

Mr Grumpy, it's YOU sir and others (modded track makers) that keep me playing GT6 ! NOT S0NY or P0LYPH0NY !!!

Thanks to ALL you modded track makers out there.
RESPECT

Cheers BR0NC0353 :)
I know some people don't like driving through grass wall's regarding crossover track's, but as for the long track's I still got alot of old 1920's-1960's I would like to make around the the 20km-30km mark.

I just don't get the PD people at all ?!? A while ago, they patched the glitch that allowed you to play "user created tracks" in the Championship series. It was the ONLY way to play "B" spec "user created tracks". It was easily patched. Why didn't the PD make a patch to "B" spec "user created tracks" in arcade mode? I'm not a computer wiz, but if there was a glitch already programmed into the game that allowed it, it must be that easy to also make a patch to allow for "B" spec "user created tracks" in arcade mode.

They are two different things, the glitch replaced the track in the championship with a user created track. It did not allow for B spec to be used in arcade mode.

That being said though, adding B-spec to arcade mode would probably not be very hard. The reason why they haven't done it is probably because B spec is intended only for the career events.

Sorry, I may not have been totally clear. The glitch did however, allow you to "B" spec "user created tracks" (be it in career mode). That was the only point regarding "B" spec racing I was attempting to make. Now there is absolutely NO way to "B" spec "user created tracks", when before at least there was.

I had to pull the plug on carcomplete.eu
It was costing $20 a month and making $2 in advert revenue

Said it on the NGU forums but I'll say it again here, appreciated your work very much and a shame the ad revenue did not make up the costs.

Any possibility all the other functionalities can be made available for offline use? The ability to stretch, shrink and move objects into restricted areas was awesome (I used these all the time), as was the change track width and theme functions.

+1 on that note.
A very big thank you to you PJ.

On another note I'm surprised we haven't had a 1.0.3 version of the TPE yet, with a few more added features.

Hang on.... who am I kidding, I'm not surprised at all TBH :)

Just curious, as im a noob and ive searched everywhere. How are you guys elevating certain parts of the track?
And also, who do I have to thank for creating the Ebisu circuit? Just because of that track ive been playing GT6 nonstop. And also because of that track I want to try making my own tracks lol.

Cheers! :D

Any possibility all the other functionalities can be made available for offline use? The ability to stretch, shrink and move objects into restricted areas was awesome (I used these all the time), as was the change track width and theme functions.

It might be easy enough for me to make a desktop app for this.
I'll look into it !

Just curious, as im a noob and ive searched everywhere. How are you guys elevating certain parts of the track?
And also, who do I have to thank for creating the Ebisu circuit? Just because of that track ive been playing GT6 nonstop. And also because of that track I want to try making my own tracks lol.

Cheers! :D

There is no easy way for someone to change the elevations at any point point they choose unfortunately.

Someone could potentially create a tool to draw your own height maps & place them in the APK.
From what I remember the app seems to create the 3D track from the heightmap & user's track.
So it might also be possible for someone to create a tool that would allow us create a fully customizable track in 3 dimensions including elevations. That would be a serious piece of work.

Found a neat little thing regarding the custom apk's. If you create a track using the start/finish line apk you can install the elevated apk over the top without losing your saved track :) it works vice versa aswell :)
Then when you send it to your ps3 again it adjusts everything accordingly :)
Try it if you're bored with an old flat ish track.

EDIT: do not delete any data when installing different apk's, otherwise you will lose all your saved track's.

Also it only work's with the modded apk's of the same version ie all 1.0.2, & not the official TPE either :)

Shame I haven't got my Isle of Man TT track saved anymore :( imagine that elevated at 10km ha ha mental :)

Last edited:
Found a neat little thing regarding the custom apk's. If you create a track using the start/finish line apk you can install the elevated apk over the top without losing your saved track :) it works vice versa aswell :)

EDIT: do not delete any data when installing different apk's, otherwise you will lose all your saved track's.

You can install it over another because it's signed with the same key. Once you modify the apk, you need to resign it if you want to be able to install it. But we don't have the key PD used to sign so we can't install it over the official APK.

You could get all the different APK versions you want to use and sign them all with the same key to be able to install them over each other (Don't know if you can install 1.0.2 over 1.0.0 though).

And if you need to delete the TPE you could backup /data/data/jp.co.polyphony.GTCourseMaker/files -folder and restore it after installing the new apk so you don't loose your tracks.

I think I'm running out of ideas. I don't think I'll be creating anymore courses for awhile. Might change my mind, not sure, just not feeling it anymore.

Then when you send it to your ps3 again it adjusts everything accordingly :)
Try it if you're bored with an old flat ish track.

Also it only work's with the modded apk's of the same version ie all 1.0.2, & not the official TPE either :)

Shame I haven't got my Isle of Man TT track saved anymore :( imagine that elevated at 10km ha ha mental :)
That was how I made 'Extreme' versions of some of my tracks, discovered it by accident one evening when I forgot to uninstall the custom start/finish version first.
The one thing that is bugging the hell out of me is I could've sworn I changed the theme on my Top Gear v4.56 track without PJ's online tool - if I did though I'm stuffed if I can remember how!

That was how I made 'Extreme' versions of some of my tracks, discovered it by accident one evening when I forgot to uninstall the custom start/finish version first.
The one thing that is bugging the hell out of me is I could've sworn I changed the theme on my Top Gear v4.56 track without PJ's online tool - if I did though I'm stuffed if I can remember how!
If you remember how you did that let us know, that would make me a very happy Mr Grumpy :)

Got fed up of not having a scenic touge that isn't a golf cart path. So I built one with respect to the scenery and topography. I call it Sierra Heights.

Give me your thoughts if you want.
https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/user/#!/friend/Swift_13B/course/2257288/

The link is broken, the URL is not the same as the text. Try copy-pasting this instead: https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/user/#!/friend/Swift_13B/course/2257288/

Edit: I've tested the track now and here is my review. The first part in the mountains is excellent! After a while the track goes out on the flatter parts of the landscape though, and at that point it feels like it's just a bunch of tight corners for the sole reason of having a bunch of corners - there is nothing in the landscape that motivates them to be there, and it doesn't feel very convincing or realistic. So perhaps these parts can be straightened out a bit?

Towards the end the road got straighter, but those parts felt a little uninspired, as if they were just there so that the track could get back to the start again. One way of making those straights more interesting could be to break them off with some kinks, like only 10-15 degrees or something like that. The long straight just at the end was nice though.

I've marked the great parts with green, while the grey parts would benefit from a redesign:

sierra_heights copy.jpg

Last edited:
Since modding elevations are possible, is it possible to make a track on any theme that has flat elevations? I want to make another track with intersections on Eifel instead of Eifel Flat, so I can make longer intersection tracks that are over 10 miles without freezing. :)

Latest Posts

Back