Sept.2004 Issue of Playstation Magazine.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Darin
  • 82 comments
  • 4,995 views
Thanks Jordan! 👍 It will release some stress off of my server.

SS2: As I said before, you need to download the Divx codec.
 
Great vid... Now I just hope they don't push back the release date anymore...


;)
 
SS2
awww man I thought they really were gonna let you race with the top down.:cool::(

lol what are you talking about ???

also i noticed that this thread is about the Sept.2004 Issue of Playstation Magazine ???

why hasnt anybody posted the info on GT4 ???

since nobody has i will post some highlights ;)

the SEPT. 2004 PLAYSTATION magazine says " it looks like GRAN TURISMO 4 is now on track for an early DECEMBER release, a time window that we are told is absolutely, positivily going to be stuck to"

"details on the much-rumored downloadable content are still unconfirmed {we've heard about as much as you have, possibly tracks at some point, almost certainly cars, but no one knows when} and although Yamauchi has acknowledged an interest in aftermarket mods, we still haven't seen a confirmed list."

"why the lack of information? sounds like it's all down to the liscenses being signed here in the UNITED STATES. at some point in the not-too-distant future, there's going to be a spectacular explosion of information about the game, including a final car list and a mods list, as well as confirmation on all 100 tracks."
 
The reason why nobody posted any information on the September issue of PSM is because there is no new news in the issue. It's all basic stuff we already know about.
 
Somewhere after E3 I read that PD will release some info on GT4 in August. Maybe they were BSing or maybe it was already released.
 
Solid Lifters
The reason why nobody posted any information on the September issue of PSM is because there is no new news in the issue. It's all basic stuff we already know about.
Uhm.. no news?
This was in september issue of OPSM2 I assume.

GTXLR
Got OPSM2 today.

The monitor section for GT4:

We breath in, flat in sixth, trees and barriers, stream past like childhood tears. The wind noise is near deafening. Theres a corner round here somewhere:
The cars shaking so much we can hardly hold it straight, let alone see properly.
Cresting a sharp crease in the track, we take off and spot the corner at the same time.
Stab the brake, turn the wheel. Smacking back to tarmac the tyres shriek as they lock, grip evaporates, the cars spins like a dial....
Tarmac, Grass, Armco. Ouch. The impact blurs the vision.
its nearly six seconds before we come to a stop, idling in the middle of the track facing the wrong way. At nine seconds we breath out.
What the hell? Gran Turismo has changed.
Its gone hardcore.

We now know that GT4 Prologue was misdirection, sleight of hand.
Gran Turismo 4 has taken a step forward, and its a big one.
The handling has changed significantly, and although its still very recognisably GT, Its much harder to control.
Making a corner is no longer simply a case of stabbing the turn in point and nailing the throttle.
The cars are so precariously balanced, even hitting the rev limiter is enough to caause oversteer, even if your in a fast turn.

GT4 has upped its game.
Success requires far greater levels of finesse and subtlety than any other game on the market.
If you turn in a quick lap here youll genuinely desrve it.
This game has gone to a level previously only seen in PC simulations.

CAN YOU HANDLE IT.
The version we played-and we were the first outside Sony and Polyphony to do so, and does not include the Arcade mode.
Impressively Powered up are the indicators of speed.
Bumpy tracks shake you hard enough to make vision difficult, while shady sections are very hard to see.
Engine sounds are harsh and six cars together sound furious.
Sadly the Replay collisions look and sound familiarly Rubbish!

We Cross referenced the game with Prologue, driving the same car around the same track in each.
There Is NO comparison.
GT4 is a New game.

Btw thanks for posting those highlights drift god. Could you post some more? :p pleaase
 
are there any more pictures from the gt4 trailer of the playstaion magizen
 
Pak
Uhm.. no news?
This was in september issue of OPSM2 I assume.

Yes, as I stated before, there is no real new news in the September issue of PSM magazine regarding GT4. I have no idea what OPSM2 is.
 
Solid Lifters
The reason why nobody posted any information on the September issue of PSM is because there is no new news in the issue. It's all basic stuff we already know about.

PSM and OPM {official playstation magazine} are totally different magazines 👍

Pak
Btw thanks for posting those highlights drift god. Could you post some more? :p pleaase

i get OPM every month so you can bet ill post new info when it is published 👍

also on page 81 of the SEPT. issue of OPM they said " every month between now and when the game comes out, we'll have exclusive footage on our DVD".
 
But will you be able to see your driver shift is the question.;)
 
DRIFT GOD
PSM and OPM {official playstation magazine} are totally different magazines 👍

Yes, I'm aware of that, since I get both magazines. Was there any particular reason why you had to make that statement?
 
i think it depends on the replay angles, in GT4P you dont have the option to change to the different replay modes like in GT3, but if GT4 has different replay modes {wich they should have} then yes you will be able to see the driver shifting ;)
 
Solid Lifters
Yes, I'm aware of that, since I get both magazines. Was there any particular reason why you had to make that statement?

if you get both magazines mabey you should read them both before posting.
 
DRIFT GOD
if you get both magazines mabey you should read them both before posting.
I'm trying to figure what the hell you are talking about, so please elaborate your problem.
 
this topic was started by DARIN about the demo disc in the OFFICIAL PLAYSTATION MAGAZINE, VIPER ZERO posted the video on the demo disc for everybody that doesnt get the magazine, after i posted highlights from the magazine you posted " The reason why nobody posted any information on the September issue of PSM is because there is no new news in the issue. It's all basic stuff we already know about" i then explained that PSM & OPM are totally different magazines, you then posted "Yes, I'm aware of that, since I get both magazines. Was there any particular reason why you had to make that statement?" and i said "if you get both magazines mabey you should read them both before posting."

first of all if you read DARIN's post you would know that we are not talking about OPM, because there is no demo disc in OPM, and if you get both magazines then you would have the demo disc and you would have never posted about OPM.

its very simple if you think about it, you are refering to a different magazine, its no big deal 👍
 
Oh, now I get it. You were very unclear before. I see what the problem is now, yes I obviously meant OPM, but still there was no new info in it. Besides, he then threw me off with that OPSM2, and was thinking, "What the hell is that?"

Actually, PSM did have GT4 info, but it wasn't new either. But, they did finally state the release date for it.
 
DRIFT GOD
-this topic was started by DARIN about the demo disc in the OFFICIAL PLAYSTATION MAGAZINE

-first of all if you read DARIN's post you would know that we are not talking about Official Playstation Magazine?, because there is no demo disc in OPM

:dunce:

Solid Lifters
Oh, now I get it. You were very unclear before. I see what the problem is now, yes I obviously meant OPM, but still there was no new info in it. Besides, he then threw me off with that OPSM2, and was thinking, "What the hell is that?"

Actually, PSM did have GT4 info, but it wasn't new either. But, they did finally state the release date for it.

I thought you were talking about Official Playstation 2 Magazine (often said as OPSM2 instead of OPS2M). My bad. 👍
But GTXLR posted in another thread that there actually was news (very important news to me) in the september issue of OPM, but that was the UK issue.
I was a bit confused. :p
 
its all good lol, i screwed up aswell, the magazine is actually OFFICIAL U.S. PLAYSTATION MAGAZINE lol, i left out the U.S. part :)
 
Back