Series FinishedFinished 

• Thread starter gtpcaine
  • 152 comments
Lobby is open!

Great racing today guys! Saw some very close wheel-to-wheel action, and my closest ever online finish, unlucky EVO! Get those race reports in guys! See you next week at Clubman!

Last edited:
Scored my first ever :gtplanet: podium today, so that's a highlight :)

Pre-race:
I was stuck in the high 29s until @gtpcaine pointed out I hadn't changed my oil. That immediately put me in the 28s with the potential for 27s in the race.​

Race 1:
Qualified 7th, made a place when @SmileyWRX spun out and lost another as @RacingLine got past.
Not much else happened as we were all on even pace and the gaps stayed constant.

7th​

Race 2:
Started 3rd and passed @STOCKY8A1 on the opening lap, then spend a few laps fending off @RacingLine and chasing down @SmileyWRX.
@SmileyWRX made an error that gave me the lead but it was short-lived as @RacingLine finally found a way past.

I was safe then for a good while until @rclark83 caught up with a few laps to go. Defended when he got close and secured that podium.

2nd​

Race 3:
Pitted on Lap 1 and didn't see anybody else for the entire race. Made a few mistakes halfway through that cost me some time.

6th​

I don't like to be that guy 👎 but it was after all a race win decider
Defintely, I completely understand. I'm not fussed either way as it was a great scrap. Its a very tricky one to decide as you also cut on the inside of the corner. @rono_thomas -- please give us a neutral answer! :lol:

Defintely, I completely understand. I'm not fussed either way as it was a great scrap. Its a very tricky one to decide as you also cut on the inside of the corner. @rono_thomas -- please give us a neutral answer! :lol:

Yes i know, It's a tricky situation because i didnt want to squeeze you out to much

Yes i know, It's a tricky situation because i didnt want to squeeze you out to much
Or, as we were both guilty of crossing the lines in that final corner, and it was such a close finish we could call it a dead heat and both score 19? That to me, sounds the fairest way. I'll leave it upto rono to decide as the neutral party.

I've watched it and as both cars went off track - not to gain time to avoid contact in a very tight spot - I would penalise neither, the overtake occurred in breaking and then both "out of bounds" happened, albeit it was minimal by both of you I don't think advantage was gained then.

I reckon another opinion may be warranted :)

I've watched it and as both cars went off track - not to gain time to avoid contact in a very tight spot - I would penalise neither, the overtake occurred in breaking and then both "out of bounds" happened, albeit it was minimal by both of you I don't think advantage was gained then.

I reckon another opinion may be warranted :)

There was a cars length to my right, plenty of room to keep it on track, my opinion is that i didnt gain any time cutting the corner, it was to make sure both cars went through the turn safe and not to squeeze Caine out.

Or, as we were both guilty of crossing the lines in that final corner, and it was such a close finish we could call it a dead heat and both score 19? That to me, sounds the fairest way. I'll leave it upto rono to decide as the neutral party.

I could live with that as it's impossible to say who really did wrong here

There was a cars length to my right, plenty of room to keep it on track, my opinion is that i didnt gain any time cutting the corner, it was to make sure both cars went through the turn safe and not to squeeze Caine out.

Likewise going through the corner there was room to your right to keep your car on the track. Still think that it would be NFA as it was just clean respectful driving from both with no intention from either to gain time. I've always maintained that its the driver on the outside that has all the risk and would have had to live with it all going wrong had there been contact.

I would still vote that the classifications remain the way they finished ... this is just my humble opinion 👍

Likewise going through the corner there was room to your right to keep your car on the track. Still think that it would be NFA as it was just clean respectful driving from both with no intention from either to gain time. I've always maintained that its the driver on the outside that has all the risk and would have had to live with it all going wrong had there been contact.

I would still vote that the classifications remain the way they finished ... this is just my humble opinion 👍

Which was me as P1 ^^

There is more time to gain by Being able to get on the gas earlier than cutting on entry though, which is my opinion :)

Whatever action Caine decides to take, i want to applaude him for a nailbiting drag race :cheers:

Last edited:
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.jpg

Was being ironic because GT6 made me P1 lol

Short answer: Lag

Long answer:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-the-lag-effect-psn-xbox-live-analysis

The results were intriguing [see video]. Round-trip latencies appeared to be closely tied to the sum of player-to-player latencies we found by synchronising the captures to the clock. Both sets of measurements strongly suggested that GT5 uses a client/server set-up with one player running as the server, in this case Moscow. Assuming we're right about the clock sync, here's how relative latencies look. Remember, these are just singular measurements and haven't been averaged.

Game developers typically go for P2P in racing games in order to minimise latency between players, so it is somewhat surprising to see evidence that Polyphony Digital has gone for an altogether different approach. Without the developer itself confirming what's going on, it's very difficult to tell what impact this has on gameplay and whether the host has any kind of racing advantage. Consider a photo-finish - if Moscow has an eight or nine frame advantage, that's obviously bad news. However, if the gameplay is synced to the clock, player interactions with the server could obviously be time-stamped, ensuring a fair result.

Sorry, got roped into being sociable today and got dragged down the pub to watch the football this afternoon, so results won't be done tonight. I should have them done tomorrow night though.

Good job on everyone getting their reports in. 👍

Round 2 Results
No penalties awarded this week, most issues were unavoidable, One thing I will say though, it be careful when re-joining the track after going off. Cars on track have the right of way, they may be unable to move should you re-enter in-front of them.

The result from race 3 will be as mentioned earlier a dead heat. I believe that is the fairest way to solve it. Anyway, onto the results:

Qualifying

rd2q.png

Race Results

rd2.png

Championship Standings

champ.png

Round 3
Unfortunately I am unavailable this coming Saturday to host the event. Is there anyone out there willing and who has a stable enough connection to take my place as host? If so, send me a PM and I'll let you know the details. Thanks.

Back