Series FinishedFinished 

• Thread starter gtpcaine
  • 152 comments
P3 after 2 weeks? Not bad. Don't quite have the pace of the top drivers but if I can keep it clean and pick up the odd podium that'll be good.

I know I'm going to miss 2 weeks in February however due to other commitments, but I'm aiming more for general pace than a final championship position.

Incase you missed it when I posted results, I am in need of a stand-in host this weekend as I'm unavailable. Any takers?

Ok, as we dont seem to have a replacement host the next best is to delay the event. I should be available from 14:00gmt on Saturday. Is there anyone who can't make this time (who would be available at normal time). The next option would be to run this round on Sunday instead at normal time. If we can't find a solution that works for everyone we might have to abandon this round im afraid.

Ok, as we dont seem to have a replacement host the next best is to delay the event. I should be available from 14:00gmt on Saturday. Is there anyone who can't make this time (who would be available at normal time). The next option would be to run this round on Sunday instead at normal time. If we can't find a solution that works for everyone we might have to abandon this round im afraid.

I can race tomorrow and today

Anytime on the weekend should be ok for me 👍

I would rather race in the morning as I have plans for the afternoon/evening.

Can't race on Sunday as I'm competing in FIA GT3.

Ok well i think we will have to abandon this round im adraid as we can't seem to find a solution that is good for everyone.

My apologies, i should have sorted out a back-up host before the season started. Perhaps we could have a double points round sometime.

So, are we doing Clubman this week or skipping it then?

Given that there's been little to no activity in this thread I'm concerned that the season won't survive 9 weeks.

N7ZkagJl.jpg

Today's races were a bit dull unfortunately, very few showed up and the car didn't suit the track at all.

Pre-Race:
I started doing some laps and noticed horrible understeer.
Thinking that it might have to do with the "Improve Body Rigidity" option I have installed, I went back out and bought a new car.
That gave me about a half a second, but I was still miles off the leaders with no real way of gaining it back.​

Qualifying:
Wrestled the car for a few laps but still ended up P7 (of 7).​

Race 1:
Disconnected as soon as we got off the start line.

D/C (7th)

Race 2:
Started on pole and held off the ever increasing pack of drivers behind me for a few laps before eventually getting enough understeer to let them through.
I hung around P4 for the rest of the race, briefly defending from @rono_thomas but keeping P4 till the end.
Don't think I could have gotten any higher considering I was using a DS3 and this felt like a track more suited to wheel users (based on what I saw form spectating Race 1).

4th

Race 3:
Started well and jumped up to P2 on the opening lap before having to defend from faster drivers again.
@gtpcaine made an error behind me but soon pitted for clean air and naturally jumped ahead of me 20 minutes later.
Fended off @rclark83 for a while before he made an ambitious move that backfired and then fell back to be within @STOCKY8A1's range.
Pitted halfway through but I must have broken the pitlane speed limit as I was stationary for about 7 seconds after the tyres were fitted.
That put me at the back but I was catching @STOCKY8A1 with each lap until he spun and gave me an easy P4.

4th

At the moment I'm not really excited about competing in this series, especially with the low attendance numbers.
It's been clear over the past 2 weeks that something doesn't feel right, as there's almost zero activity in this thread.
I will miss the final 2 weeks due to other commitments, but right now I feel I may even drop out in 7 days' time.

I guess the limited potential of spec cars means there's not much to talk about but still, I expected more activity given how well the first week of racing went down.
Also, I would suggest that @gtpcaine posts Role-Calls before each race. It works well for other series and also gives a good impression of how many people to expect.
I'm sure that spending an entire morning running a lobby for only 5-7 people can't be much fun either.

Been a busy weekend, so results will be posted during the week. Im unavailable tonight, so hopefully tomorrow if everything goes well.

Due to the general consensus, I also agree that I feel it is best to leave this series at this stage. I don't have the time to fully commit to running the series, I don't really have the motivation to either, but I said to the CORE staff I would run this for them, so had to stick to my word. For this reason, I wont publish the results of the last round as it won't affect anything.

Its a shame, because I actually grew to like the car on these tyres, give it too much and it will kick out, too little and you lose so much time, its quite a fine balancing act. I want to say a big thanks to all who showed up for the races we have done, its been a pleasure, and I have had some good battles with lots of you. Perhaps I will revisit the Megane's when I have a little more time to commit to it and run it 100%. In the mean time, I wish you all well, and enjoy whatever you are running!

Cheers.

Sad to see it go but it's the right call.

I'd still like to see the results and the final championship tables however as I keep a lot of stats in my driver profile. Also I just want to see where I finished overall :)

Latest Posts

Back