Series X - Series Champion outlaw4rc!

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 624 comments
United States
United States
WrecklessAbandon
seriesx.png
Welcome to Series X, the first ever PURE spec racing series for supercars. Featuring seven of the world's finest modern supercars, drivers will battle it out head to head, as each driver drives a different car each week across a demanding track list, to crown the ultimate stock supercar champion.

Current Standings/Qualifying

Sign-up●
Click Here to sign up

Green flag / Race start time ●
SUNDAYS - 19:00 GMT/UTC | 14:00 EST | Monday - 05:00 Australian EST
Connect time is one hour prior, It is recommended all racers to be in the race room within at least 30 minutes before race start for warm ups.

Car Selection ●
You must use a different car each of the first 6 weeks, allowing 1 dropped car if desired. You may use any 2 cars you choose for the Finale, but you must use a different car for each round of the Finale.

Schedule ●

Preseason Race: Monza - 27 Laps
Sunday, January 6th 2013 - Room open: 18:00 GMT 14:00EST - Race Start: 19:00 GMT/14:00 EST

Round 1: Spa Francorchamps - 21 Laps
1/13/2013 Room open: 18:00 GMT/13:00EST - Race Start: 19:00 GMT/14:00 EST

Round 2: Laguna Seca - 33 Laps
1/20/2013 Room open: 18:00 GMT/13:00EST - Race Start: 19:00 GMT/14:00 EST

Round 3: Nurburgring GP/D - 30 Laps
1/27/2013 Room open: 18:00 GMT/13:00EST - Race Start: 19:00 GMT/14:00 EST

Round 4: Twin Ring Motegi - 27 Laps
2/03/2013 Room open: 18:00 GMT/13:00EST - Race Start: 19:00 GMT/14:00 EST

Round 5: Grand Valley Speedway - 24 Laps
2/10/2013 Room open: 18:00 GMT/13:00EST - Race Start: 19:00 GMT/14:00 EST

Round 6: Suzuka Circuit - 23 Laps
2/17/2013 Room open: 18:00 GMT/13:00EST - Race Start: 19:00 GMT/14:00 EST

Round 7: Nurburgring Nordschleife - 5 Laps + 5 Laps
2/24/2013 Room open: 18:00 GMT/13:00EST - Race Start: 19:00 GMT/14:00 EST

Cars and Specs ●
458p.png
4582.png
slsp.png
sls2.png

acrx.png
acr2.png
zr1.png
zr12.png

lp670.png
lp6702.png
fgtxb.png
fgt2.png

lfa.png
lfa2.png

Car Regulations ●
Oil changes and mileage are optional on all cars
You may run any configuration to reach the PP listed as you choose
All cars can reach their respective PP number without any mileage
Make sure to equip your cars with sports medium tires

Race format ●
Public lobby online.
One race each week, two shorter heats for the finale. Spec tires are sports medium. Races will be about 50 minutes in length for a standard race, about 90 minutes for the Finale. All races will be grid start.

Finale ●
The Finale is going to be something new to us, but I think should be really exciting and different.
Qualifying will be in order of points, fastest first. (to minimize incidents of slowest first) Staged starts every 10 seconds back through the field, each car will pull up to the starting line, (in order) and start at 10 second intervals.
1st at 10 seconds, 2nd at 20 seconds, 3rd at 30, etc. Like a stoplight.
An extra lap will be added to the finish so everyone can finish for certain.
2nd race is fastest first, and everybody has to use a different car.
You may use any car you like for either race, but you cannot use the same car for each race. (regardless of season cars used - this also allows one dropped car from the season if you desire)
Both races will give equal points, the combined total will be divided by 2 for the score that round.

Track notes ●
Standard OLR rules, 2 on track surface, rumbles, and inside the white lines after the rumbles end. If you don't know, ask!

Room
Slots: 16
Race Quality: High
VOIP: Disabled
Host: Unfixed

Track Settings
Everything default except number of laps
Weather settings will not be used for any races.

Event Settings
Penalty: None
Race Finish Delay: Maximum
Visible Damage: Off
Disable collisions: Off
Mechanical Damage: Light
Slipstream Strength: Weak
Tire Wear/Fuel: Normal
Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real

Regulation Settings
Car Restrictions: None
Tires: Sports Medium
Vehicle Tuning: Prohibited
ABS: Optional
Traction Control: OFF
Active Steering: OFF
Skid Recovery Force: OFF
ASM: OFF
Driving Line: OFF

Qualifying ●
Live-week long qualifying, one outlap, three timed laps, one chance. All qualifying will be done in public rooms, only listed stewards are allowed to observe qualifying runs. Stewards do not need another steward in the room in order to do their qualifying, another driver of the series will do. All times will be submitted to and collected on a related website interface created by Pure members.

You only get one attempt at setting your time so choose it wisely. You can PM any of the stewards in order to communicate with them to set up a qualifying room. You can also add them on PSN with their permission in order to make it easier to find each other. But feel encouraged in getting to know all of your fellow racers on a first name basis to make it a more pleasant experience. It's a great group!

The deadline for qualifying is 2 hours prior to the race start.
All qualifying will be done in public race rooms.
One out lap.
Three timed laps.
Only selected PURE officials may observe qualifying session.

There are now three types of Pure official:
Marshal - our eyes in the race and what used to be known as qualifying "stewards." They can report incidents they are not involved in. All officials above this position are also considered acting Marshals in that they can also run qualifying sessions.
;Biffy(GTP_Biffy)
;carracerptp(carracerptp)
;DA6righthand (DA6righthand)
;Green (GTP_GREEN)
;Iforcev8 (iforcev8)
;Josh_F (Josh_F_1998)
;joshua1994 (joshua1994)
;Michouw94 (GTP_MichMich)
;MÜLE_9242 (MULE_9242)
;OwensRacing (OwensRacing)
;Paginas1 (Paginas)
;Petros (tpe_rus)
;R1600Turbo (R1600Turbo)
;Sail IC (johnkiller2)
;SG15 (SG15)
;WiiFreak (WiiFreak)
;will-i-am (Trajikone)

Steward - only a select few number of members that will work with each other in order to investigate and settle matters of incidents during races, if a steward is involved in the incident the rest of us will make a new thread in which we will debate the details without them. They were chosen by experience and able dedication and the list can change at any time. Contact them or the Core members in order to follow up on your incidents during racing.
;Aderrrm (GTP_Aderrrm)
;cicua (cicua)
;CSL (GTP_CSL)
;ealirendur (GTP_ealirendur)
;outlaw4rc (outlaw4rc)
;GV27 (GV27-)
;paulmac2k9 (GTP_PaulMac)
;PhaedrusSocrates (PhaedrusSocrates)
;RIP_Welsh_Don (GTP_Welsh-Bain)
;SuperSic (tony1311)

Core members - these are your administrators, have final say on all incidents (again, unless they're involved in one of them), and dedicate themselves to driving the future of Pure in its racing and its expansion. In JGTS we will be the rule makers, discipliners, and will be the ones responsible for completing all penalty reviews for a race and posting the summary for them in the main GTP thread.
;Dennis (chorda)
;Dr_Watson (TnJF)
;Litchi (GTP_Litchi)
;Twistedfirework (GTP_Twist)
;Wardez (Wardez)

All times will be submitted to and collected on a related website interface created by PURE members.
All stewards are required to save the replay.

Procedure -

Each driver will quali in race mode. The host will give the go ahead to join track after setting PP for the car being used. A maximum of two drivers can qualify at the same time but only if there are enough drivers in the racing lobby able to spectate the session and confirm the laps as clean. These other drivers do not need to be stewards themselves. The race will be set to 5 laps.

Lap 1 is your warm up, Laps 2,3, & 4 are your 3 flyers, and lap 5 is your "cool down." The 5th lap is an extension to give the steward time to note the data. You must wait until your time(s) are posted to exit the qualifying session to ensure the time has been aquired. The 5th lap is also there if more than 1 car is qualifying at the same time (Start with 40 seconds between drivers).

Series X will utilize the OLR "2 tires must remain on tarmac at all times for a lap to be considered clean" track definition. This is fairly straight forward for most circuits, details on certain unique circuit boundaries will be revealed in proper time.

If a lap is dirty beyond doubt a standard penalty of .5 seconds will be added onto it to make the time official.
Qualifying sessions can only be restarted before the first timed flyer starts. You'll get one shot, and one shot only.

Disconnections -

You are allowed to reconnect and start from where you left off (must be confirmed by the observing steward) but the lap that you disconnected on will count as "dirty" with no registered lap time. So if you disconnect during your warm up lap, all is good, just reconnect and restart your session.If you disconnect during your first flying lap (Lap: 2), that lap is dirty, and you may reconnect, but this time, only your second flying lap (Lap: 3) and your third flying lap (Lap: 4) will count. If you disconnect during you Third flying lap (Lap: 4), your first or Second flyer will be your time. No need to restart the session since your last flyer, the one you disconnected on in this case, is dirty with no registered lap time.

If the person watching your lap, if it's just the two of you for example, disconnects for some reason this automatically disqualifies the session unless you save and upload the replay and the host watching confirms that the laps in the replay were indeed the session he was watching. Otherwise you must re-attempt your qualifying.

Raceday ●

If a driver sets a qualifying time and is not sure whether they can make the race, we will wait up to 2 hours before the race start for the driver to say whether they will make the race or not. If the driver does not check in we will assume he can not make it and sort the grid appropriately.

The only checks will be PP for each car.
After PP checks, cars will park on track in order of qualifying before the race countdown timer is started. Please do not drive past anyone you aren't starting in front of.

The host will then begin the race countdown for the race to begin.

If any disconnections, black screen, or any other problems persist; first of all the race host must communicate the problems in the thread for reference. Sometimes problems arise in which two participants in the room have conflicting connections and either can not see each other, or are lagging only between themselves. In this case the race may be postponed in effort for the participants experiencing problems to exit then rejoin the room. If either participant does not make it back into the room within a reasonable time to be determined by the room host, the race will go on. We will try our best, it's racing. If there are multiple users with bad connections another host may be chosen or room restarted. If the room "explodes," the host may opt to restart or choose another host. All of this must be communicated to the rest of the series by posting in the GTP forum thread.

Race Restart Rules -
Only if it's absolutely terrible, or DC/blackscreen issues arise.

Grid Starts ●
Make sure you know how to get your car out of the hole. For example you'll want to use 2nd gear in the 458.

Championship ●
7 rounds,(8 races) with 1 dropped round, using your best 6 results. 1 point for pole position, 1 point for fastest lap.

Manufacture's Championship -
Each manufacture's finishing positions of every race will give them points to crown the ultimate supercar.

Retirements -
If you want to quit a race you can quit, I'm sure most of us would rather you didn't, but better to quit than to be a hazard.

You must start the race in order to be ranked among the point finishers of the race. Positions for multiple DNF drivers will be ranked according to time of retirement.

Penalties ●
How to self-serve or otherwise resolve the incidents during the race, effectively ridding or severely reducing penalties, classifying the accident a racing incident
1 - Not applicable.
2 - Let off the throttle by at least 50% for at least 3 seconds after cutting, do more so at your own discretion if a more severe cut has taken place.
3 - See 2. If cutting on pit entry, simply either hold yourself in the pit stall for three seconds after release (use the start button) or give a slow start coming out of the pits by using less than 50% throttle for at least 3 seconds.
4 - Either get back in line or give back positions gained. If you caused the field to al jump start in a mess, the formation lap must be reformed and corrected on the next lap.
5 - Wait for the victim to re-gain control and start again behind them. You are not to attempt a re-pass until going past two major (numbered) corners.
6 - Wait for the victim to re-gain control and start again behind them. You are not to attempt a re-pass until going past two major (numbered) corners.
7 - Wait for the victim to re-gain control and start again behind them. You are not to attempt a re-pass until going past two major (numbered) corners.
8 - Allow the driver to safely re-take their position before the following lap ends.
9 - Allow all drivers past and start behind them. (See #5)
10 - If it’s apparent enough to the driver, simply serving a self-sustained 15 second pit box hold penalty will resolve the issue on track.
11. Not applicable

*Damage is on light, if you punt someone off the track, you must wait for them to fully recover and get in front of you. If you do not, you will finish the race behind them.

**The rule for yielding positions is that you must wait for the car you affected to rejoin or otherwise reorient themselves into the race on track no matter how long it takes for them to do so. Once they are on an effective course either to continue the race or make their way to pit lane for repairs you are allowed to overtake normally as per OLR rules.

***Blue flag rules state that lapped drivers, in the same class, must do their best to allow the leaders an unobstructed racing line. If the lapping car approaches the back-marker during mid-corner or if in a group of multiple back-markers then they must be treated the same as in a mixed class race with said driver(s) being the lower class - this means the lapping driver must follow basic multi-class racing etiquette, allow the drivers to hold regular lines and overtake at the safest following opportunity.

Last edited:
Looks great, I'm definitely going to try and make as many as possible. The champ here's really going to earn their worth :D

Preseason track will be decided in the following posts, whatever's popular.

Registration link should be up soon also.

Really interested in this. I'll need to read all the regulations first before joining.

Looks great Dom 👍
I may struggle with the timeslot but if I can make any of the races, I will definitely be there.

Oh, Dom :) everything here seems to lead into perfect Championship!

Among less important things, I'm so happy with "2h Q. deadline", for me so much better then 12h... As steward I'll be available for very most of very late sessions as I'll be using them myself ;)

Cars are amazing, and tracks great - it's only getting hard to wait for this :cool:

Last edited:
We'll just do sign-ups the old-fashioned way, just post your GTP ID along with your PSN you'll race with, and full time or part time, like this:
CSLACR/GTP_CSL - Full time

Simple enough 👍

Last edited:
NascarManiaco99 - GTP_Michelin9960 - Probably full time.

I got to run a few of the cars through both Laguna Seca and Nurb D. Here's my thoughts:

458 Italia: The tail can slip around, but it's manageable with good throttle control. Likely to be a competitor on all tracks.
SLS: Consistent handling with an excellent drivetrain. Lacks top end punch, which makes it a better choice on the twistier tracks.
ACR: Wheelspin is all but a non-issue with the Viper, so it actually drives relatively well if you can live with the tall gearing. Not the best handling, but the car is quite stable.
ZR1: Has plenty of torque, but great care is needed with powering out of corners. Better suited at fast tracks.
LP670: So-so handling, awful gears, but good straight-line speed.
Ford GT: Haven't driven it yet.
LFA: Tossable around the track, but wheelspin is a big issue. It's a fine line between getting a great time, and binning the car against a wall.

Those are exactly my thoughts on all the cars. 👍

Things have taken a good bit longer than expected to set this up on the Pure forum I guess, hence the old-style sign-ups, so I'll be making a google doc for qualifying today so we can get started.

We're gonna be trying out a modified method derived from JGTS II, with a third timed lap.
The deadline for qualifying is 2 hours prior to the race start.
All qualifying will be done in public race rooms.
One out lap.
Three timed laps.
Only selected PURE officials may observe qualifying session.
Preseason Race: Monza - 27 Laps
Sunday, January 6th 2013 - Room open: 18:00 GMT 14:00EST - Race Start: 19:00 GMT/14:00 EST
Going to open a practice room shortly. (No, I'm not doing anything on New Years day) :)

Current Qualifying
Times can be posted here or pm me your email to be added to the editing list.

Last edited:
Closed - circuit popped ending abruptly.
Looks like the cars to beat at Monza are the Ford GT, LFA, ZR1, and 458.

Litchi/ZR1 - 1:55.217

Last edited:
Does the car we use for the practice race count towards our allotment?

I might put in some laps in about an hour.

It does not.
Any car for preseason, 6 for first 6 races, then any 2 for final round. So you could effectively use a car 3 times including preseason. 👍

Times for Monza:

LP670 - 1:53.459 - Gears well-suited except for first chicane. Can get away with aggressive throttle.
ZR1 - 1:53.707 - Tendency for rear-end drifting, but it's controllable.
Ford GT - 1:53.717 - Turns rather stiff into corners. Otherwise, the car is great all around.
Viper - 1:53.926 - Awful in Sector 1. Stable, but so-so grip.
SLS - 1:53.734 - Precise, but lacks grunt. Having troubles cornering through Lesmo.
458 - 1:52.890 - Italian car + Italian track = beatdown
LFA - 1:53.611 - The brakes are from a Toyota Yaris. Expect unwanted tail wagging.

Last edited:
I must say they are closer than I thought, how is the SLS. My guess is it would be the fastest.

Back