Serious GT6 bug?

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Okay so first post here but I think it is a serious enough issue that it needs to be posted.

First day of playing GT6 ran a few races then after about the tenth race I crossed the finish line and instead of being greeted by the result screen and continue buttons the car just continued to run the course by itself. No input response only thing I could do was use the PS button to try and quit to the Home screen, except that results in a black screen a double bleep from my PS3 and then a console that has to be hard reset (power button at back flicked on then off.)

This then results in the PS3 saying it didn't shut down correctly last time and that it has to do a system file scan and recovery.

One ofg glitch maybe, until the exact same thing happened to me not five minutes ago. Failed a mission race and instead of the quit / restart icon popping up the car just sat there again no user input would work and the console needed to be hard reset.

Now I do have an ageing PS3 (one of the original 60Gb fat boys) so I am aware that it may be seeing a few late life issues however the console has been playing multiple hours of GTA5 for the last month and a half without anything even close to this sort of issue.

I am not gonna loose any sleep over this but it is kinda strange that this is happening now and it only happens with GT6.

Double beeps are not good, if you haven't re-built your database, do it. Back up all of your saves and whatever else.

Double beeps, from experience, is a result of overheating or hot running system. I'm thinking you're on your wayto YLOD, I wouldn't rule it out!

Triple beeps are normally disc lens error meaning its time to replace blu ray or DVD lens.

Double beeps are not good, if you haven't re-built your database, do it. Back up all of your saves and whatever else.

Double beeps, from experience, is a result of overheating or hot running system. I'm thinking you're on your wayto YLOD, I wouldn't rule it out!

Triple beeps are normally disc lens error meaning its time to replace blu ray or DVD lens.
This is true sometimes. On my new slim it has happened a few times. Though, it only happens when there is an issue with the game (glitch) and the ps3 hard boots itself after attempting to return to the home screen. Its is does just happen when there is simply and error some where, not a for sure its dying. I have yet for it to happen on GT6 but have other games. Just restart and play. But, always back up save files regardless as data can also get corrupted, especially when shutdown incorrectly as it did....just like any computer.

Yeah pretty sure that it's a bug within the game. Just did another race race two of a championship the PS3 has been on for maybe half an hour, no where near enough time for it to start overheating, besides I've built enough high end water cooled PCs in my time to know overheating issues when I see them. Finished the race and the end race menu's again failed to appear, the car continues to drive by itself, the start button pauses and resumes the game still but no pause menu shows up. Again no other button works apart from the PS button and again the PS3 has to be hard shut down, which results in a check and rebuild when the system restarts.

I am gonna try a session with GTA5 just now and see if any issues occur here but I suspect that this is a GT6 related flaw and if it is its going back to Amazon, A bug that requires a hard reset of the hardware is unacceptable but a bug of this nature on the 6th version of the game and the 2nd version on this console, no PD I am sorry but really just NO.

Have had the freeze followed by console reset twice now myself. Once in an online lobby and again last night when I clicked on the gtstore icon. Definetly a bug and not a heating issue. The game just seems to get lost when it goes to load something. My guess would be something to do with the progressive install.

I have had similar and also a "cant start race" message when the race loads and your car is not placed in the start list ?

Double beep means the PS3 doesn't feel like shutting down properly. If you don't know what you're talking about, please, don't talk.

I've not had that issue with GT6, no issues yet actually. But yeah, I don't think it's a huge deal, just very annoying I imagine.

I had this issue with GT5, after the race is "over" your car keeps going around the track and you can try to Pause, it will pause but the menu won't show up right? I had to get a new copy it happened so often, may want to think about returning it. I managed to mitigate it by disabling each music track individually, (not turning down the volume, but disabling each in-game song). It still creeped up on certain events, I'd probably bring it back, ask for a replacement.

I had this issue with GT5, after the race is "over" your car keeps going around the track and you can try to Pause, it will pause but the menu won't show up right? I had to get a new copy it happened so often, may want to think about returning it. I managed to mitigate it by disabling each music track individually, (not turning down the volume, but disabling each in-game song). It still creeped up on certain events, I'd probably bring it back, ask for a replacement.
im not sure wether this would be the disk or a software failure, either way replacement is worth a shot i guess! sounds very annoying!

A replacement isnt going to fix any thing. Its not a problem with the disc and there is no disabling of tracks in gt6. Why are people so determined to give out bad information?

And double beeps have nothing to do with a console failure. Its just a hard reset due to a software lockup/crash. Ffs people.

Thats interesting, i get triple beebs, ive never had a double beeb, but my PS3 is 1 year old super slim, so i just assumed it happened. it usually happens when i leave GT5 n for maybe 2 or 3 days, and then try to enter a race, and the race loading screen takes literally hours to complete and the scrolling car list at the top starts sort of jumping...

swg
A replacement isnt going to fix any thing. Its not a problem with the disc and there is no disabling of tracks in gt6. Why are people so determined to give out bad information?

And double beeps have nothing to do with a console failure. Its just a hard reset due to a software lockup/crash. Ffs people.
he means music tracks

I know what he means. There is no disabling of individual MUSIC tracks in gt6. You can turn volume to off on music, and it has nothing to do with the game crashing.

It did with GT5, the game would hard freeze, turned out that using custom music tracks was the cause.

I am gonna retract my question about this being a GT6 bug as the console has now started to suffer from data streaming issues in GTA5, by this I mean that NPC cars stop spawning, the map no longer loads when you hit pause, player list no long shows up when you press the down button twice in online sessions and for the first time a full on hard freeze in game.

The nature of these failures sugget some sort of data streaming failure which means

a). HD is on it's way out
b). Disc drive is on it's way out

Still don't think it's a heat issue as the console was not running long enough prior to the issues and at no point had the cooling fan gone beyond normal operation speed.

It did with GT5, the game would hard freeze, turned out that using custom music tracks was the cause.

I am gonna retract my question about this being a GT6 bug as the console has now started to suffer from data streaming issues in GTA5, by this I mean that NPC cars stop spawning, the map no longer loads when you hit pause, player list no long shows up when you press the down button twice in online sessions and for the first time a full on hard freeze in game.

The nature of these failures sugget some sort of data streaming failure which means

a). HD is on it's way out
b). Disc drive is on it's way out

Still don't think it's a heat issue as the console was not running long enough prior to the issues and at no point had the cooling fan gone beyond normal operation speed.

I really hate to confuse things further, but mine overheated without ever reaching a high fan speed / without blowing hot air. But I agree with you that it's probably not a heat issue. But an original fatty 60gb? Please start backing up your stuff now to avoid disappointment.

I haven't been able to play gt6 since I got it. it would crash in the tutorial after the second turn. it beeped twice and my system was not overheating. im sure it is a gt6 issue because my ps3 plays gta5 gt5 and many other games perfectly for hours. it only crashes when I tried loadng a car in the dealership while choosing a color, starting my first race with the fit, changing the rims on my fit, and the tutorial multiple times at the same spot. my ps3 is a fat one with a 500GB HDD I installed about two years ago. it still runs great but inly time it crashes its with gt6

swg

So what's your suggestion? Just live with the unplayable game...? What's a better option in your opinion, asking Gamestop for a free replacement since it's within 30 days, or sitting there with a broken copy and not being able to troubleshoot the problem further. If he gets a replacement and it's still broken, he can at least determine there's more of a chance that there's likely a problem with his console.

So what's your suggestion? Just live with the unplayable game...? What's a better option in your opinion, asking Gamestop for a free replacement since it's within 30 days, or sitting there with a broken copy and not being able to troubleshoot the problem further. If he gets a replacement and it's still broken, he can at least determine there's more of a chance that there's likely a problem with his console.

The copy isnt likely broken. The game has bugs and LOTS of people are experiencing lockups. There is nothing for the user to trouble shoot or fix. The software is the same on every disc. If someone wants to waste gas going to the local store have at it. The problem wont go away until PD patch it.

For the guy crashing at the same point every time its probably data corruption and needs to have the game data deleted and reinstalled. The other "random" crashes during load are a game issue. I swear its like people have never heard of buggy software before. Every time a game crashes it doesnt mean the disc or console is bad.

I assume its a bug.

GT6 needs a patch from PD for this issue. Almost every time especially the first time I put the game CD my PS3 has trouble reading it. It sounds like its working hard to read the game CD. However I tested GT5 and it read it fine. I tested GTA5 and also BF4 and both games were loaded quickly and I can see the game CD loaded in the main menu.

Again when I only put in GT6 it seems to take much longer to start the game and most times I do not see the game CD in the main menu whilst the game is in the PS3 (Sounded like my PS3 was going to "eject" the game CD...but didnt and it finally loads after it makes that ejecting sound...however it seems super odd and gets me nervous thinking my system might crash etc.

PD please patch this.

GT6 needs a patch from PD for this issue. Almost every time especially the first time I put the game CD my PS3 has trouble reading it.

I think the problem is that you're using a CD cause the rest of us got Blu Rays

(sarcasm) :D

I assume its a bug.

GT6 needs a patch from PD for this issue. Almost every time especially the first time I put the game CD my PS3 has trouble reading it. It sounds like its working hard to read the game CD. However I tested GT5 and it read it fine. I tested GTA5 and also BF4 and both games were loaded quickly and I can see the game CD loaded in the main menu.

Again when I only put in GT6 it seems to take much longer to start the game and most times I do not see the game CD in the main menu whilst the game is in the PS3 (Sounded like my PS3 was going to "eject" the game CD...but didnt and it finally loads after it makes that ejecting sound...however it seems super odd and gets me nervous thinking my system might crash etc.

PD please patch this.

Now THAT sounds more like a disc or console issue. A game bug wouldnt result in difficulty with initial loading, at least not one that would make it into production.

swg
Now THAT sounds more like a disc or console issue. A game bug wouldnt result in difficulty with initial loading, at least not one that would make it into production.

Really??? Then explain to me why my other new games have no issues? Yet many people are complaining of the same issue I commented on? So all of a sudden when GT6 releases, all of us GT6 gamers we have console issues? lol

Really??? Then explain to me why my other new games have no issues? Yet many people are complaining of the same issue I commented on? So all of a sudden when GT6 releases, all of us GT6 gamers we have console issues? lol

With the issues described, the game software hasnt even had time to load before the problems occur. So that means the GAME itself isnt the problem. The problem would have to be in the executable itself if it were a software problem at all. If that were the case then EVERYONE would have the issue as no other situational conditions that can take place once the game is running could have taken place. The only remaining causes would be hardware or disc issues. As other games seem to be functioning fine and I assume the consoles software is up to date that just leaves a damaged disc. That explain things for you? ;)

And did you even read which post I was responding too? Are ALL of us experiencing trouble with the console recognizing the disc??? Don't think so.

Last edited:
I've had the exact same issue, can't remember the exact number of beeps but EXACTLY like you my PS3 played hours and hours of GTA V with no issues and this happened to me.

swg
The copy isnt likely broken. The game has bugs and LOTS of people are experiencing lockups. There is nothing for the user to trouble shoot or fix. The software is the same on every disc. If someone wants to waste gas going to the local store have at it. The problem wont go away until PD patch it.

Nope, no point wasting gas to try another copy because nobody in the history of optical discs has ever received a faulty disc. Ever bought a CD that wouldn't play one track? A DVD that for some reason wouldn't go beyond scene 14? Are these "Software Bugs", no they're just faulty discs, my GT5 disc was faulty, they never patched my specific issue, and it was one specific thing that caused the bug, one specific sector of the disc was corrupt.

swg
With the issues described, the game software hasnt even had time to load before the problems occur.

Let me point out:

Cheesy Wotsit
ran a few races then after about the tenth race I crossed the finish line and instead of being greeted by the result screen and continue buttons the car just continued to run the course by itself.

Nope, software hasn't loaded, he's clearly having problems before the software has loaded, that copy of GT6 he's playing, nope, not actually playing it yet. :rolleyes:

Back