Serious GT6 bug?

Looks like more of the same type of programming issues like with GT5.

1. Ive had on several occasions races loadng only 4 cars and getting a message that "race cant start" etc. Only solution is to shut system off and restart and "most" of the time its fixes that problem.

2. Several cars Ive bought turbos and installed them, raced with them etc. Then I remove them to race a lower PP race. Then I select that turbo again and it wont take. Car is stuck at its non-turbo hp and the turbo refuses to be installed. You cant purchase it again because it keeps telling you rightfully you already bought it. I have found no fix for this other than purchasing two of the same cars and leaving the turbo attached to one. Sad.

3. Seems like they over tweaked the "car flip" algorithms. I have flipped over on so many chicanes in race cars or street cars it isn't even funny. Its amusing at first but got old real fast lol. I flipped over with a Sub BRZ going only 30mph over a chicane in a turn on one of those first night races. It was hilarious at first....

4. If you buy a SRT 2013 Viper in a solid color and try to repaint it, the game forces stripes on the car. You have no choice. I was trying to recreate the Viper TA with the solid orange color but it wont let you repaint solid colors. Needs to be fixed.

Just a few problems off the top of my head that's bugged me a lot.

Nope, no point wasting gas to try another copy because nobody in the history of optical discs has ever received a faulty disc. Ever bought a CD that wouldn't play one track? A DVD that for some reason wouldn't go beyond scene 14? Are these "Software Bugs", no they're just faulty discs, my GT5 disc was faulty, they never patched my specific issue, and it was one specific thing that caused the bug, one specific sector of the disc was corrupt.

Let me point out:

Nope, software hasn't loaded, he's clearly having problems before the software has loaded, that copy of GT6 he's playing, nope, not actually playing it yet. :rolleyes:

Are you dense? Youre talking about seperate issues with seperate individuals. The guy crashing in game is NOT the person with a disc issue, the guy have trouble getting the console to recognize the disc is. Its pretty simple if you have a couple functioning braincells.

The odds of a person experiencing the same type of in game crashes as tons of other people and everyone having a bad disc is astronomically low. And the guy having an issue getting his console to recognize the disc has NOTHING to do with software bugs. If it was a bug at that level of the program EVERYONE would be having the same problem.

One guy has a bad disc or less likely a console issue. The other has the same in game crash a lot of us have and can only wait for it to be patched. Its not complicated.

Your attempt at taking my responses to 2 different individuals and swapping them is fail.

And no. Out of the thousands of cd's, software discs, games, dvds and blurays I've purchased since the compact disc was INVENTED, not ONE has been defective. The closest I've ever seen to a bad disc was one that cracked when I tried to remove it from the package.

Last edited:
swg
With the issues described, the game software hasnt even had time to load before the problems occur. So that means the GAME itself isnt the problem. The problem would have to be in the executable itself if it were a software problem at all. If that were the case then EVERYONE would have the issue as no other situational conditions that can take place once the game is running could have taken place. The only remaining causes would be hardware or disc issues. As other games seem to be functioning fine and I assume the consoles software is up to date that just leaves a damaged disc. That explain things for you? ;)

And did you even read which post I was responding too? Are ALL of us experiencing trouble with the console recognizing the disc??? Don't think so.

Of course I read it or why did I reply? I sorta understand what your saying but there is issues with the game not the CD. Like I said all my games work except GT6 occasionally. I say "ALL" as in everyone posting there issues similar to mine. Whats confusing is...many people must of purchased a bad CD is what your saying...? Because my console works perfectly fine. Accept when it comes to GT6...its picky. Get me?

Last edited:
swg
With the issues described, the game software hasnt even had time to load before the problems occur. So that means the GAME itself isnt the problem. The problem would have to be in the executable itself if it were a software problem at all. If that were the case then EVERYONE would have the issue as no other situational conditions that can take place once the game is running could have taken place. The only remaining causes would be hardware or disc issues. As other games seem to be functioning fine and I assume the consoles software is up to date that just leaves a damaged disc. That explain things for you? ;)

And did you even read which post I was responding too? Are ALL of us experiencing trouble with the console recognizing the disc??? Don't think so.

Thank for your input though. Hope its neither really.

Of course I read it or why did I reply? I sorta understand what your saying but there is issues with the game not the CD. Like I said all my games work except GT6 occasionally. I say "ALL" as in everyone posting there issues similar to mine. Whats confusing is...many people must of purchased a bad CD is what your saying...? Because my console works perfectly fine. Accept when it comes to GT6...its picky. Get me?

I'm not saying that at all. Quite the opposite. I'm saying "most" people are experiencing software bugs causing ps3 crashes and lockups. And that its not related to bad discs or bad consoles at all so theres no point in people trying to swap out their games.

There was one individual who stated that their console was having trouble recognizing the disc to begin with and having trouble getting the game to load at all. That ONE person likely has a bad disc or a dying console based on the symptoms theyre having. Everyone else "most likely" needs a patch from PD. Most of those people have older "fat" model ps3s so the problem may even be a problem with the older disc drives used in those consoles, if thats the case it may even require a patch directly from sony for the ps3 to update the driver support for those consoles.

@GRFX21
Looking back I see that you were indeed the one having what sounds like disc/console issues :)

One possibility is that the density of data storage on the gt6 disc is higher than that of other games. That basically mean that all the data points on the disc are slightly smaller and more tightly packed. For a newer disc drive functioning optimally it shouldnt be a problem. But, if your drive is wearing out or has an even slighty dirty lens your console may have more trouble reading it than other discs. Thats all speculation of course and it may be a bad disc. :)

For people experiencing in game lockups I'd say wait for a patch. For you with your disc recognition issues I'd say try to swap for a new disc and if it doesnt work try vacuuming out the console or using a lens cleaner (only one made specifically for a ps3 style drive) and see if that helps.

I deleted the data. started over same thing. I skipped the tutorial and it still crashes during any loading point. I also updated and I could atleast buy the honda but cantchange wheels. im thinking iit's a game issue.

I deleted the data. started over same thing. I skipped the tutorial and it still crashes during any loading point. I also updated and I could atleast buy the honda but cantchange wheels. im thinking iit's a game issue.

That many problems doesnt sound like a bug. Others are reporting occassional lockups, not the nonstop issues you seem to be having.

I think it crashes when it loads and installs a part of the game at the same time. I wish there was a option to install the whole game then I could just play it. I know its not my ps3 as it works well with other games and has never gave me any issues. I played assassins creed 4 and played perfectly. im thinking the game needs a patch.

Ok so a long time has passed I know. But in every thread on this issue I've found across several sites, no one has provided any useful information about the problem. I just recently got a PS3 again and can't afford a PS4 or proper high-speed internet so GT Sport is out of the question. So I ran right out upon getting it and found a used copy of GT6 and to my extreme disappointment it was still having that bug where you finish a Race and the car keeps driving but no Menu appears, you can pause it and it stops but no menu still. On a few occasions I noticed another bug that happens with it, sometimes just the numbers on the speedometer (in bumper cam) other times the entity track and ground textures in spots are missing. I can sometimes turn it on from ice cold (live in New England) and have it fail a lap or two in. (i keep pausing to check because it will do this bug before finishing a race as well) other times it goes a little longer, once even managed a few hours! Years ago when GT6 was still pretty new this happened to my friend and he threw his PS3 out thinking it was the issue. (imagine our surprise when a different unit does the same thing) he did play online so it should have been updated a time or two. Yet my brother has a Super Slim and never has any issues. Which I've heard before. Did they seriously make a game that only 1/3rd of the PS3s out there can run or is there some patch by now? Please let me know if this can be fixed or if I am stuck just doing hotlaps in GT5 until 7 comes out and I can afford a new console. Since I'm not interested in the fact that GT Sport is especially online only.

I have the blue GT6 disk
A Playstation 3 slim
Software 4.84
121GB Free (don't play anything else)
And use a Logitech GT Driving Force pro (same issue with the controller anyway)
I have tried it with the resolution turned all the way up, down and everywhere in between. I really hope this has been fixed because it's just one more thing on a list of problems making ne want to switch to Forza or Asetta Coursa (sp?)

On a few occasions I noticed another bug that happens with it, sometimes just the numbers on the speedometer (in bumper cam) other times the entity track and ground textures in spots are missing. I can sometimes turn it on from ice cold (live in New England) and have it fail a lap or two in

This might be corrupt data or a corrupt save. I had this happen to me after the update when we got the Tomahawk. I ended up getting a new console and installing the game and it works just fine.

It could also be the used disc, or the PS3 if you got that used. I just checked prices on a new copy of GT6. No wonder you bought it used.

This might be corrupt data or a corrupt save. I had this happen to me after the update when we got the Tomahawk. I ended up getting a new console and installing the game and it works just fine.

It could also be the used disc, or the PS3 if you got that used. I just checked prices on a new copy of GT6. No wonder you bought it used.

Yea it's crazy what new copies go for. But no i don't think its that, i wiped the system completely and still had the issue. As well as the fact that it happened to my friend with a different disk and system. I might try another, confirmed disk to be safe but I really don't think that's it.

I don't really understand ps3 game prices at all. I was bored, bought Grid Autosport on Ps store. It's the worst thing I've ever done with my money. Note that I used to be a gambler and was not unusual to lost huge amount of money in one night or something like that.

@Joe W to clarify my statement on "corrupt" I mean that when the game was installing one of the updates may have been corrupt (not sure if I'm using the right terminology) If you just let the game install and do the updates all at once, that could definitely be the issue. Since you and your friend have the same problem, it would favor the update being the cause.

I've reinstalled the game twice. The most foolproof way is to install one update at a time and it has worked for me. Here's the link to the procedure. If you really want to play GT6 I'd do this first. If you have fast internet and use an ethernet cable it goes ok. Total install for me was 6 hours including time out for dinner.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/recommended-gt6-updating-instructions.321012/

@Joe W to clarify my statement on "corrupt" I mean that when the game was installing one of the updates may have been corrupt (not sure if I'm using the right terminology) If you just let the game install and do the updates all at once, that could definitely be the issue. Since you and your friend have the same problem, it would favor the update being the cause.

I've reinstalled the game twice. The most foolproof way is to install one update at a time and it has worked for me. Here's the link to the procedure. If you really want to play GT6 I'd do this first. If you have fast internet and use an ethernet cable it goes ok. Total install for me was 6 hours including time out for dinner.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/recommended-gt6-updating-instructions.321012/
Well right now I'm trying it not updated at all. Its not even online. But previously it was up to date and still did this.

I would backup your 1.22 data, and try 1.0 first. I think the reason why it corrupted part of certain files (maybe VOL specific broke themselves). The “Ninja Updates” are a very risky addition PolyD made and could cause corrupted update data, I’d check your game files just in case. Reading through this it does sound like it.

I guess those Ninja Updates didn’t do too well to keep Modding at bay but was a good attempt. But, the risk of corruption is too great.

Back