Servers

  • Thread starter Thread starter PiRacingChamp
  • 5 comments
  • 714 views
Messages
264
Messages
piracingchamp
I have done a search, but didn't see anything. Does anyone know where the servers for the game are physically located?
 
They're primarily located in Tokyo, Japan but I would assume they have sub domains in other regions as well.

This type of thing isn't really public knowledge.
 
Aren't they using SONYs? I think SONY's got a server somewhere in the UK (possibly London).
 
Aren't they using SONYs? I think SONY's got a server somewhere in the UK (possibly London).

I sincerely doubt Sony's servers are quite so unreliable as GT5's performance would have us believe.
 
If you are talking about online lobbies then there aren't any dedicated servers for that because this game is P2P, meaning that the connection is only as good as the weakest in the lobby. In a game like Call of Duty, there are dedicated servers that reduce lag and increase quality of gameplay. :)
 
I think there are servers to make initial connections, as when they do maintenance and updates you can have a good old fashioned lock in!*

*Disclaimer: we do not promise to supply alcohol, nor are we licenced to do so.
 
Back