Setup Vs. Setup

• Thread starter -Batman-
  • 153 comments
Actually, I like rough driving (slides and drifts) just as much as I like grip. It's just that in this particular instance--the Viper at Seattle Short, I would prefer a more delicate approach so I'm not bouncing off the walls constantly. To me, the replay is golden. I drive for my replay basically, so sometimes I go for smooth, grip-style racing, and others I'm trying to slide around as much as I can!

The post from Eforer is interesting...I've seen that argument before on other websites. Some people don't agree that toe in and toe out are what the manual says they are, and quite frankly, GT2 doesn't really represent them well enough. It's hard to feel what toe in & out do. But one thing is clear: the more you use, the more drag your tires are enduring, and this lowers your speed. ¬

Last edited:
Yes, using toe will lower acceleration, but I just recently found out that it also improve braking, so I think I will still use it when neccesary.

I find another good explanation, you can find the file on https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1994582&postcount=66

Rodney Arndt
As a general rule, the smaller the track & tighter the turns, the more toe out you may need. Larger radius tracks with long corners would require less toe out. More toe out will help the front end stick entering a corner. Running too much toe out will scrub off speed down the straightaway & create an Understeer condition. A car will run faster with the toe straight. By monitoring tire temperatures you can tell if you have a toe problem with the chassis. Excessive toe out would show higher temperatures on the insides of both front tires. Excessive toe in would show higher temperatures in the outsides of both front tires. Front toe in or out will cause the same feelings to a chassis as excessive amounts of camber & caster, albeit to a much lesser degree.
Front toe out isn't an adjustment that has to be changed or monitored as often as camber. Start with an adjustment of 0.050 & you will be close. Adjust the toe slightly only when the rest of the chassis is real close to being correct.
So this means we should only use toe minimally.

sucahyo
I find another good explanation, you can find the file on https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1994582&postcount=66

So this means we should only use toe minimally.

Exactly. when I first did the World Cup in summer of 2004, I was racing a fully loaded Corvette Grand Sport and I kept getting too much understeer at Trail Mountain. No matter what, I would have to wait and wait for the damn car to turn so I wouldn't hit one of those rock walls. And I discovered -.20 toe helped the car turn a bit more. But nowadays, I rarely use such excessive toe. I never use more than minus or plus .10, except in rally races. ¬

Last edited:
Back