Server Stability

• Thread starter racefan88
  • 28 comments
Ever since 2 days prior to the update I have been seeing a lot more disconnects, has anyone else noticed this?
Yes, since the update 1.09 came out today, I can't join any of my friend's lobbies'. Its so damn frustrating!!!!! PD fix your servers for crying out loud. Every update just makes the connection worse

I have had multiple disconnects off and on all night on any track and 3 total lockups which required me to run system file check, all of which occurred on red bull ring. I never had these problems before so I'm guessing its the latest patch. Hope they fix it soon.

Edit - I did clean my gt6 network cache as well thinking that might be the culprit to no avail.

Its crazy, I just posted a post on the news page about the server disconnects that me and my friends are having as well. You can have all the content and dlc in the world but what good is it going to do for you when we can't even stay in our lobbys for a race. Getting frustrated and I don't remember GT5s servers being this bad. A update for some server stability is needed PD.

Yup, everyone gets booted from the room then people see random "Error xxx" in the lobby list and get kicked back to main screen.

Ya, same here for tonight's attempt at racing online. We had problems last night as well, just without the kick to main screen and no error messages. I thought it was due to the maintenance even though it was earlier than the posted times.

Cheers

Could it be all the traffic coming in due to the update that's causing issues?

Wasn't there are tour of PD's studio a few years back (with pictures) where they boasted about having a massive air conditioned room full of servers claiming it could deal with huge amounts of stress? Also, the player count of GT6 is much lower than that of GT5.

Wasn't there are tour of PD's studio a few years back (with pictures) where they boasted about having a massive air conditioned room full of servers claiming it could deal with huge amounts of stress?

Shouldn't you know better? All developers like to brag! :P Take it with a grain of salt.

Also, the player count of GT6 is much lower than that of GT5.

Have they utilized all the servers that were used for GT5 yet?

How about this virtually possible idea!
If PD gets it revenue from players getting online then what if we start an all out worldwide one day boycott!

I know it sounds a bit impossible!
But I'm sure that we all have connections in a multitude of rooms/ threads and we all have friends that aren't SNAIL, and how great would it be if we all got together with our SNAIL friends and their non SNAIL friends and our non SNAIL friends and their friends and their friends to all turn off the game for 24 hours!

And demand a fix of the on-line play as opposed to new cars and tracks! that we can't use longer then it takes to get disconnected.

This is possible!
@zer05ive can you help?

If PD gets it revenue from players getting online then what if we start an all out worldwide one day boycott!

But I'm sure that we all have connections in a multitude of rooms/ threads and we all have friends that aren't SNAIL, and how great would it be if we all got together with our SNAIL friends and their non SNAIL friends and our non SNAIL friends and their friends and their friends to all turn off the game for 24 hours!

And demand a fix of the on-line play as opposed to new cars and tracks! that we can't use longer then it takes to get disconnected.

This is possible!
@zer05ive can you help?

Yeah, but they don't. Also, this boycott idea has been tried at least twice that I remember, and it didn't work before, why would it now? People are much more satisfied than they were the last two times.

lol... Getting angry and not knowing the pitiful extent of your power, nor how the world works. You can call for a boycott all you like, I think the last time this happened should have told everyone how irrelevant GTP is in terms of player base influence.

The servers actually seem to be better now than they were before the update. The night of the update and the night before then, as well as the day between, it would kick me and several of my friends from rooms within a matter of 5 or 10 minutes. Then, to throw salt on the wounds, give us error messages when trying to connect to the lobby selection or kick us right off PSN for no reason. If it was just me I would chalk it up to connection issues, but I'm talking about atleast 6 or 7 other people getting the same problem - in the same lobby.

The only issue I had after the update was a hard freeze online and forced to refresh file system, but I figure that was a random event of heavy lag in the lobby.

This is possible!
@zer05ive can you help?

Wow, seriously? To begin with, GTP is just a tiny friction of the total number of GT6 players, I'd say it's not even 2%. Reaching out to to the remaining 98% doesn't sound a bit impossible, it sounds absolutely impossible.

And the last time a boycott was planned, a whole 8 people participated, out of at least 4 times as many who liked the idea. It sure sure showed PD, though!

We had a WRS race last night at 02:00 GMT, 8 of the 10 were disconnected. I then went looking for my lobby again and noticed most of the lobbies only had 1 or 2 drivers as if all rooms were getting service interruptions. Four of us were going to practice on another track and were all disconnected within minutes, no matter who the host, the issue happened. The on line stability has been pretty bad the last 2 days for me and my friends.

Last edited:
The servers actually seem to be better now than they were before the update. The night of the update and the night before then, as well as the day between, it would kick me and several of my friends from rooms within a matter of 5 or 10 minutes. Then, to throw salt on the wounds, give us error messages when trying to connect to the lobby selection or kick us right off PSN for no reason. If it was just me I would chalk it up to connection issues, but I'm talking about atleast 6 or 7 other people getting the same problem - in the same lobby.

The only issue I had after the update was a hard freeze online and forced to refresh file system, but I figure that was a random event of heavy lag in the lobby.
This is exactly what I had last night, hopefully it gets straightened out

GT6 has frozen on me quite a few times since update 1.09. I've only been joining rooms on the new Red Bull Ring and perhaps there is an issue with that. I've also noticed quite a bit of lag including some large(more than 1 second) lag spikes felt by multiple people in the room. I know it's not my internet as I've had very little issues with any online gaming.

GT6 has frozen on me quite a few times since update 1.09. I've only been joining rooms on the new Red Bull Ring and perhaps there is an issue with that. I've also noticed quite a bit of lag including some large(more than 1 second) lag spikes felt by multiple people in the room. I know it's not my internet as I've had very little issues with any online gaming.

I don't think it is a Red Bull Ring issue. We had issues at Grand Valley and Nurburgring last night with lots of disconnects.

it's worse and worse

yesterday experience ..

it started like this,
after training, the start was launched and i got the GT loading panel (so stuck in load)
the race started, we decided to launch the start again
nobody was able to exit before a few and maybe me too disconnected

come back into the lobby, doing the same training then start the race
after the countdown, i was still on the track (in training mode)
the other ones was seeing me on the first position of the grid but at that time i was on the opposite of the track continuing my training lap

then it's started to be funny, i exit the track, make a brake bias change
went back to the track and "i was in the race"
not really, i saw the other players in race mode, they saw me but i was still in training mode (no penalties, no race time)

there is two mode for server,
owner, it acts as the main point of transaction distribution
and no owner, everyone sends to everyone

the big problem i see is that a good connection do the server at first, he sets it as a five star one
the player who enter after server creation enter the lobby, he have not a so good connection or even a very bad one
if the creator exit/got booted of his own lobby, the bad connection take it over and then ... comes the pain
normally it does not have to affect anything as everyone sends to everyone
there is no possibilities (automatic or manual to set the server race quality to less stars
i said that because it really looks that even it's a non owner lobby, it act mostly as a owner lobby

Yeah, but they don't.

This... how do you expect money to work? Running and maintaining servers means costs for PD/Sony, plus it's a free service so they essentially lose a little bit of money everytime someone relies on their servers. Hence why they put the major load of lobby traffic on our own PS3s (peer to peer hosting). Hence causing most of these problems.

I'm not gonna go into your idea of a server boycott, the other replies to your post did that, but if you want to "boycott" PD so badly, sell your GT6 copy for a low price and hope someone buys yours instead of a new copy.

Latest Posts

Back