Several Features Broken on Mobile-friendly Version

• Thread starter Doomotron
  • 21 comments
United Kingdom
England
Doomotron
I've noticed that I can't write a status on this new version and sometimes the buttons like Profile and Alerts come out of place. I'll probably find more things like this in the future.

Last edited:
You can access Status on mobile. Click the [Profile] (Head) icon on the top navigation bar then on the drop-down menu click [Profile Page] next to your avatar.

I've noticed that I can't right a status on this new version
The status composition forms are in roughly the same places as they were before. Where were you expecting it to be?

sometimes the buttons like Profile and Alerts come out of place
Can you share a screenshot of what is happening here? I'm not sure what you mean by "come out of place".

Posting here because it isnt worthy of its own thread -

I'm on mobile and I'm wondering if this was a design plan, or an error on the site, because the full size of people's avatars no longer seem to show up on their profile page:
Screenshot_2017-06-07-05-57-09.png

I've just tried editing a post on iOS, resulting in a new post. I tried to correct what I thought was a mistake on my behalf, resulting in a triple post.

Edit, after refreshing the page the triple post disappeared.

The status composition forms are in roughly the same places as they were before. Where were you expecting it to be?

Can you share a screenshot of what is happening here? I'm not sure what you mean by "come out of place".

Sorry, I meant that when my phone tries to write a status on the drop-down box, it tries to open my keyboard but closes it instantly.

I'm afraid because of the nature of this I can't send a screenshot.

EDIT
I can send them from my profile page, though. I like the new look overall though.

Am I the only one who doesn't see a "go to first unread" button on mobile?
I see it on PC. I've tested it on threads I know I haven't read in a few weeks, with new posts since.

I'm on mobile and I'm wondering if this was a design plan, or an error on the site, because the full size of people's avatars no longer seem to show up on their profile page:
Not a design choice, just an error. I will fix it soon.
Sorry, I meant that when my phone tries to
write a status on the drop-down box, it tries to open my keyboard but closes it instantly.
To clarify, you are referring to the "drop down box" that appears when you tap the user icon in the header, and then attempt to update your status from the small form at the bottom of that little window? What type of Android phone do you have?
Am I the only one who doesn't see a "go to first unread" button on mobile?
I see it on PC. I've tested it on threads I know I haven't read in a few weeks, with new posts since.
Not just you; I forgot to replace it in the new style. It will return.

To clarify, you are referring to the "drop down box" that appears when you tap the user icon in the header, and then attempt to update your status from the small form at the bottom of that little window? What type of Android phone do you have?

Yes, that. I have a Vodafone phone that's largely compatible with things, I'll have to find the box to get the model name.

I think it might just be my phone but it's been over a year and this still hasn't been fixed.
Mine does it too. But I never update my status from there anyways, so it doesn't hinder me any.

I think it might just be my phone but it's been over a year and this still hasn't been fixed.
It will probably be resolved in our next site update, which should be live sometime in early 2019.

I’m constantly getting the “Ads help us run this site” popup every time a page (re)loads...
You can thank GDPR for this notice, which we are required to show in certain European countries.

But you should only see it once, on your first visit to the site, and never again if you accept it. If you are seeing it multiple times, check your browser's cookie settings — this would indicate that it is not saving cookies from the site.

You can thank GDPR for this notice, which we are required to show in certain European countries.

But you should only see it once, on your first visit to the site, and never again if you accept it. If you are seeing it multiple times, check your browser's cookie settings — this would indicate that it is not saving cookies from the site.
I checked all settings (using my iPad), tried deleting all cookies and resetting some stuff, but it hasn’t helped...

Back