Sexy & mean car pic thread.

• Thread starter Poverty
  • 4,596 comments
Thought it was time to turn up the heat... Brit style!

jaguar-twr-xj220S-1994-2.jpg

What's up with those headlamps? They look similar to the driving lights on a Alfa 8C. Are they LED?

Have you guys ever notices how the only tires available in large enough sizes to fit supercars are always the crappy ones? Those Pirellis are pretty low-rent tires. There's about performance categories available above their class. It drives me nuts that the best anyone can come up with in those sizes are the Pilot Sport 2 and ContiSport Contact 2, etc. Why can't they put some Yokohama A048s on that Murcielago like they do on the Exige? Or maybe some Falken RT615s like I have on my...Civic. That type of tire would turn your average supercar into a 1.2+ g raging grip monster. But no.

What's up with those headlamps? They look similar to the driving lights on a Alfa 8C. Are they LED?
Those headlights are from......drum roll.......an Infiniti Q45! Which means that car officially belongs in the Questionable Modifications thread, and that owner will forever be labelled a ricer. Light-swapping is one of the staples of Ricerdom, ever since ricing was born.

Headlight.jpg

The owner will be called a ricer for owning a very high end British Car that very few people own just because he put on nicer head lights that another car uses because they are better than the ones the car came with stock? It's not something I would do (unless I was only driving the car at night) but I don't think the person is a ricer for making the car nicer (but cost less).

My logic Keef is that if they own a supercar, especially like that Jag, they should have enough to get some custom made rubber done properly.

At least, thats what I would do if I owned that Jag.

Have you guys ever notices how the only tires available in large enough sizes to fit supercars are always the crappy ones? Those Pirellis are pretty low-rent tires. There's about performance categories available above their class. It drives me nuts that the best anyone can come up with in those sizes are the Pilot Sport 2 and ContiSport Contact 2, etc. Why can't they put some Yokohama A048s on that Murcielago like they do on the Exige? Or maybe some Falken RT615s like I have on my...Civic. That type of tire would turn your average supercar into a 1.2+ g raging grip monster. But no.

It probably has a lot to do with weight and to a lesser extent width. Whilst a soft compound A048 might last for a reasonable time on a car weighing a little over 1000kgs and putting out no more than 300bhp. In a car with 1700kg and somewhere north of 500bhp you'd be changing tyres every 2000 road miles or less. The tread pattern on A048's probably works fine upto the 315 size limit they are produced in at the moment. Once you start stretching that to 345 it probably doesn't operate quite the same especially when the same design is produced as small as 175. At the end of the day, supercars are not generally designed to be track cars and therefore their tyres need to work in all road conditions, wet, dry, cold or warm.

My logic Keef is that if they own a supercar, especially like that Jag, they should have enough to get some custom made rubber done properly.

At least, thats what I would do if I owned that Jag.

Weeeeeeeeell not quite. From anything I know from manufacturing shops, I seriously doubt Yokohama would make one or two sets of tires for any reasonable price. I'm thinking it would cost probably the same to have a run of 80 units made than to have 8.

HID headlights (proper ones, not the cheap kits you can buy on Ebay) over 1991-ish halogens and electric pop up headlamps? Easy choice...

Weeeeeeeeell not quite. From anything I know from manufacturing shops, I seriously doubt Yokohama would make one or two sets of tires for any reasonable price. I'm thinking it would cost probably the same to have a run of 80 units made than to have 8.

It's almost common knowledge that this is the case. A lot of tyre manufacturers have patterns for larger tyres stored for such purposes.

If you have the money to own, run and track a car like that, you sure have the money to get some custom tyres made up.

If you have the money to own, run and track a car like that, you sure have the money to get some custom tyres made up.

If you have the money to own, run and track a car like that, then you've probably got the common sense to realise that full slick tyres are not only going to be much quicker (on track obviously) but probably also much, much cheaper then custom made tyres too. :sly:

If you have the money to own, run and track a car like that, then you've probably got the common sense to realise that full slick tyres are not only going to be much quicker (on track obviously) but probably also much, much cheaper then custom made tyres too. :sly:

How about if money is no object and the owner is an eccentric? :dopey:

NOW Thats just SWEET! I used to have a Chevelle kinda like that,well except for the Tire Smoking thang.

Supercharged as well ? The '68 - '69 Chevelles are bad ass rides.
So is the '70 LS1 454 w/4spd. These cars gave my Mopars all they could handle. :nervous:

Supercharged as well ? The '68 - '69 Chevelles are bad ass rides.
So is the '70 LS1 454 w/4spd. These cars gave my Mopars all they could handle. :nervous:

No fraid not, mine was just an ole 350 4 barrel automatic. Still I thought it was fun,wish I had it now.:dunce:

That image has just got me back into loving american muscle :drool:
Whats up with the blurriness in the backround though? Tyre smoke ps'd?

combination of tire smoke and the heat generating off the track

May as well throw a Mopar in the mix :

mopp_0711_1968_dodge_charger_1280x768.jpg

Last edited:
Back