SF19 Super Formula Tune?

• Thread starter Slicer0007
  • 70 comments
When I've tried the stock/default tune on this car at Suzuka (in the corresponding campaign/career mode race for this car), it had an agonizing amount of understeer, especially in the slower turns (costs me a few entire seconds just at the hairpin). I made a few tweaks to the setup that only seemed to make a barely noticeable improvement. Has anybody tried the tunes on this thread yet? If so, how's the understeer on them? Thanks.

@fordlaser assistance is cone markers and countersteer assist on strong.

I honestly haven't finished a race, this is so frustrating. My first lap time is between 2:17-2:27 I'm up 40 sec behind going into turn 1 on lap 2...but I will finish a race a post an update.

*Update - I finished dead last 16th, no crashes spun one but recovered quickly and was lapped on lap 4 which became my last lap. They were flying by me.

Using @praiano63 setup and applying @fordlaser advice in previous post, my car doesn't shift out of 3 gear.... takes 14+ seconds to get down the front stretch at start off the race. Car doesn't gain momentum, it just coast down the front stretch at about 111mph top speed going into turn 1 and pretty much same throughout lap 1. If i reduce gears 3,4, and 5 to minimum, it'll shift into 4th and 5th but im only gaining 5+ sec on lap 1.

Last edited:
I won the SF19 single player event with -15 ahead minimum

Controller Sensitivity: 7
TC: 0
ABS: OFF

Brake Balance: 0
Ride: 1.73 - 3,54
NF: 6.00 - 5.90
AB: 4 - 6
Compression: 53 - 52
Rebound: 84 - 83
Camber: 2.2 - 1.7
Toe: Out 0.25 - In 0.50
DF: 1600 - 2100
LSD: 5 - 5 - 5
Top Speed: 217 (MPH)
Final Gear: 4.164
2.200 - 81
1.675 - 107
1.337 - 134
1.124 - 160
0.949 - 189
0.841 - 228

I only use 5 gears, 6th is just for extra speed in slipstream

Max Speed: 7.7
Acceleration: 8.7
Braking: 8.5
Cornering: 8.7
Stability: 8.0

I won the SF19 single player event with -15 ahead minimum

Controller Sensitivity: 7
TC: 0
ABS: OFF

Brake Balance: 0
Ride: 1.73 - 3,54
NF: 6.00 - 5.90
AB: 4 - 6
Compression: 53 - 52
Rebound: 84 - 83
Camber: 2.2 - 1.7
Toe: Out 0.25 - In 0.50
DF: 1600 - 2100
LSD: 5 - 5 - 5
Top Speed: 217 (MPH)
Final Gear: 4.164
2.200 - 81
1.675 - 107
1.337 - 134
1.124 - 160
0.949 - 189
0.841 - 228

I only use 5 gears, 6th is just for extra speed in slipstream

Max Speed: 7.7
Acceleration: 8.7
Braking: 8.5
Cornering: 8.7
Stability: 8.0

Is there anything special you're doing to set the gears as in previous messages i.e. Final Gear, Top Speed, then adjust gears and last set Final Gear to track? I can get the same exact numbers as you have above but when Im on the track, it's struggling to change gears into 3rd. I need to change gears (2nd to 3rd) around 102mph. All other settings exactly as you have it.

I just don't get it...

Hi guys i know this is an old thread but im new to this site, just wanted to say that i can win suzuka and all i change is: TC off, ABS off, lower the car a bit i think just 5 units off each and put the max speed down to like 300, i tried a few of these tunes and they did work better for some tracks, but i think if you cant win with normalish settings and need assists u are definitely doing something wrong, taking abs off was hard at first but when you get use to it its so much better, same as tc.

Well, I just got to this series of races, and can’t for the life of me even finish the first race. Let alone pass everyone! I’ve managed to pass like 10 cars. But not the rest, and one little mistake and you’ll have to restart it. I have like 50 restarts and not one finish.

The cars are just too fast for me.

I was planning to buy a whole sim setup, Base, Wheel, pedals, cockpit, etc. But if I can’t even do this race, I really see no point. It saves me a lot of money, but I really wanted to try and drive without a controller, but this race got me scared of just wasting a lot of money for nothing.

Well, I just got to this series of races, and can’t for the life of me even finish the first race. Let alone pass everyone! I’ve managed to pass like 10 cars. But not the rest, and one little mistake and you’ll have to restart it. I have like 50 restarts and not one finish.

I was planning to buy a whole sim setup, Base, Wheel, pedals, cockpit, etc. But if I can’t even do this race, I really see no point. It saves me a lot of money, but I really wanted to try and drive without a controller, but this race got me scared of just wasting a lot of money for nothing
Are you using an automatic?

I just ran the Suzuka Circuit again. Was in 3rd and spun out on the last lap.

But here's what I used as far as settings. Automatic.

Power Ratio 100% Weight Reduction Ratio 100%

Racing - Soft Tires

FINAL GEAR - 5.500 - Top Speed set to 242 mph

Last edited:

I was planning to buy a whole sim setup, Base, Wheel, pedals, cockpit, etc. But if I can’t even do this race, I really see no point. It saves me a lot of money, but I really wanted to try and drive without a controller, but this race got me scared of just wasting a lot of money for nothing.
When you say the cars are way to fast for you, because your Gearbox is not right for that track, and also the setup will help. With a good gearbox and a setup, you should not have any problems winning.

If I was you I would go and buy a sim setup, Base, Wheel, pedals, cockpit, etc. I was hopeless using controller in GT5 until I got a wheel.

I also use Automatic when I am in my Sim.

Last edited:

If you want, I could send you a full race pov so you can see where I brake and accelerate as well as which lines I take, just to give you a reference

Have you tried any of these tunes that are in this thread ?.

Yeah, I tried the priano63 one. But couldn’t get the gear ratio like that. I now read that you need to change some things first. I’ll give it a try tomorrow. Without the gear ratios, I was slower than stock.

I guess it’s just practice, and more practice.

Yeah, I tried the priano63 one. But couldn’t get the gear ratio like that. I now read that you need to change some things first. I’ll give it a try tomorrow. Without the gear ratios, I was slower than stock.

I guess it’s just practice, and more practice.
Try the setups on this page and the previous page, and the setup are in the videos.

Thanks! Yeah, that would be helpful.
Here you go mate, this is done with no setup, racing hard tyres and 100 100 power weight. U just have to be committed to overtakes and trust the downforce that the Super Formula offers

Last edited:
Back