Share your favourite car/track combination.

• Thread starter 35mm
  • 106 comments
The 911 Cup at Nurb GT, online server can be lots of fun! :dopey: ........
but only if you survive T1 at the start :crazy::dunce::boggled::banghead: ....:lol::lol::lol:;)👍

:cheers:
That's the biggest thing, isn't it? If I don't know anyone on the track, I tend to hold back a little bit going into Turn 1. 9 times out of 10 it pays off because there usually ends up being at least 3 or 4 cars that are bouncing off each other. :rolleyes:

BTW, I didn't know you were playing Assetto Corsa, @SW__10 -- I remember you from the GT6 Seasonal Events threads. Have you been playing AC for long? :cheers:
EDIT: I thought maybe you were playing Project Cars exclusively for some reason.

Ferrari F40 Stage 3 at Mugello!

That's the biggest thing, isn't it? If I don't know anyone on the track, I tend to hold back a little bit going into Turn 1. 9 times out of 10 it pays off because there usually ends up being at least 3 or 4 cars that are bouncing off each other. :rolleyes:

BTW, I didn't know you were playing Assetto Corsa, @SW__10 -- I remember you from the GT6 Seasonal Events threads. Have you been playing AC for long? :cheers:
EDIT: I thought maybe you were playing Project Cars exclusively for some reason.

Hi @ALB123 I remember you too mate 👍.
I quite often enjoy not qualifying, and starting at the back in public online races for exactly that reason :lol:
Yes, been playing AC on PS4 for a while. Since September I think. I've not played PCars for a long while.
I played Dirt Rally for a while too. I much prefer the feel of AC to PCars. Just wish it had better online functionality.
Hopefully Custom/Private lobbies arrive soon.

I've been loving RBR short lately with most cars, used it to test differences between the step cars and differences between the 911s
Ferrari F40 Stage 3 at Mugello!

I quite often enjoy not qualifying, and starting at the back in public online races for exactly that reason :lol:
Yes, been playing AC on PS4 for a while. Since September I think. I've not played PCars for a long while.
I played Dirt Rally for a while too. I much prefer the feel of AC to PCars. Just wish it had better online functionality.

Same here, love successfully ( sometimes ) weaving and passing through the carnage .

Ahhh! I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it. I love it...especially since I'm on PC and we've got a few things that consoles don't have yet. I feel really good about Private Lobbies coming to you guys with your next update. My biggest fear is that they are coming, but there will be a ton of bugs. Hopefully not! I'll be very happy if you guys don't have bugs.

I know this isn't going to stay this way forever, but right now I am loving every single Lotus (except the Exos - I haven't put any miles on it since the v10 tires upgrade). It doesn't matter the track. I've driven racing circuits. I've driven some hillclimbs & some of the country road type of tracks. I never found them to be anything more than, Eh...They're Alright. The cars seem to handle better - the way most of 'em turn in now, it feels right. Catching my rear end is easier because I'm feeling that loss of grip milliseconds sooner or something and I'm ready for it or something along those lines.

I ran over 50 laps with the Lotus 25 yesterday on Thompson Road Gran Prix circuit. Just a blast! :D

Countach at Imola.

Ran the hotlap event last night... got gold after 3 laps, but just had to keep running it... I don't normally enjoy Imola, but the Countach handles so beautifully :)

Countach at Imola.

Ran the hotlap event last night... got gold after 3 laps, but just had to keep running it... I don't normally enjoy Imola, but the Countach handles so beautifully :)
I've said it before and I'll say it again...If you gave me the Countach, F40, Yellowbird, 911 Carrera RSR 3.0 and two or three modern cars I could be just as happy playing AC until AC's end-of-life as I would with the enormous garage I have now. For some reason, those older cars communicate what's going on so well...for me, at least.

If you enjoy any of the cars I just mentioned, you should be really happy with the next update when all of your cars will finally be on v10 tires. The Countach (and many others) just gets better and better. :D Don't worry though...you've been driving on v10 a lot already. All Porsche Porsche pack cars, all GT3 race cars & a few street cars are already on v10.

I haven't driven the yellowbird or F40 yet (other than the hotlap event)... love the RSR though... and the Muira is another one.

Must drive the yellowbird and F40 soon :)

Oh wow! You haven't even touched the Yellowbird yet?! I guess it's good that you saved some cars to enjoy at a later date instead of just rushing from car to car, like I tend to do. :banghead: I can't believe I forgot about the Miura. That car is awesome. All the cars I've been mentioning are stick shift and sadly I don't own a stick shift - just a worn down DFGT wheel & pedals set. :grumpy: One of these days...one of these days...

Miura quick race at Zandvoort is awesome :)

I'll get round to driving the other cars at some stage... I only play one game at a time, and tend to play it for years (eg; GT).

JUST DO IT.™
I would have to buy a new wheel & pedals - which would actually be a good thing! However, I am drastically limited in space to drive. I sit in a freakin' recliner with my TV 8+ feet away. I don't have anything to mount it to...it would just be a crap ton of work. :grumpy:

I would have to buy a new wheel & pedals - which would actually be a good thing! However, I am drastically limited in space to drive. I sit in a freakin' recliner with my TV 8+ feet away. I don't have anything to mount it to...it would just be a crap ton of work. :grumpy:
Do like i did... Get yourself a Playseat challenge with shift support...
I mounted my good old G27 on it (it's so old that the leather on the wheel is work in several places :P) and i can use it both with my PS3 in the living room or with the PC in the second bedroom (i live alone so i turned it into a library/PC room)...
Most people dont consider the challenge but it is really good for the Price and it's the best if you live in asmall apartment like me (75 square meters it's my house)... ;)

Any car especially super car like Lambo in Nurburgring is my favorite combo. I think Nurburgring makes all cars fun to drive no matter how good/bad the car handles. I mean that seriously. I keep driving that same track hours after hours without getting tired to the point I can visualize me running around there haha.

Who else is obsessive with Nurburgring??

Do like i did... Get yourself a Playseat challenge with shift support...
I mounted my good old G27 on it (it's so old that the leather on the wheel is work in several places :P) and i can use it both with my PS3 in the living room or with the PC in the second bedroom (i live alone so i turned it into a library/PC room)...
Most people dont consider the challenge but it is really good for the Price and it's the best if you live in asmall apartment like me (75 square meters it's my house)... ;)
I once showed @ALB123 my Playseat Challenge as well, but he's just too stubborn. :P

Any car especially super car like Lambo in Nurburgring is my favorite combo. I think Nurburgring makes all cars fun to drive no matter how good/bad the car handles. I mean that seriously. I keep driving that same track hours after hours without getting tired to the point I can visualize me running around there haha.

Who else is obsessive with Nurburgring??
You mean the Nordschleife, right? Or the modern Nürburgring?

Mine has to be the Ferrari 458 Italia @ Imola. TC switched off and get that back end to step out. What a blast. :dopey:

@35mm , I mean Nordschleife, not the tourist one. When you say modern Nurburgring, do you refer to the GP short track??

@ALB_123 , you are willing to spend so much money on the laptop but not on the sim hardware?? :D

@35mm , I am more in love with the old Nordschleife and I can drive all cars in that track all days long without getting tired. My lap times with super cars are around 7:45 - 7:50 which is a lot slower than other people. I lose a lot of time in the 3rd split (the last section of the track). If someone can give me some tips on it, I will appreciate it. What are your time with super cars in this track?

@35mm , I mean Nordschleife, not the tourist one. When you say modern Nurburgring, do you refer to the GP short track??

@ALB_123 , you are willing to spend so much money on the laptop but not on the sim hardware?? :D
Well, I had no choice to buy the laptop and I wanted to make sure it was decent enough to play AC or whatever else I throw at it for the next few years. Plus I do some 3dsmax & Adobe stuff on it. I would purchase a nice rig like GT Omega's Pro sim racing rig, but I'm currently living with a friend and it's his house, so he isn't too keen on the idea of a big racing rig sitting in his living room. I can either play in his office - there are two desks one for his computer and the other is mine where the file server lives - or I can play in my bedroom. I chose the latter because of my sleep issues. I would never want to wake him because I've wiped out 15 times in a row on Nordschleife and I'm pounding my head through a wall at 2:30am...the office is really just a spare bedroom adjacent to his bedroom. Anyway...yeah, I don't exactly have much space to just put one wherever. :(

yBmSIGu.jpg

Ferrari 458 Italia @ Trento Bondone with this setup:
Tyres-Street(ST)
Tyre pressure-front 15psi/rear 15psi
Fuel 30 liter.
Camber front-0.6/rear-0.6
Toe front 0/rear 0
Track surface-slow
Ambient temp. 10°C
Weather-clear
Time of day 14:00
Fuel and tyre wear- ON