Share your GT Mode first impressions

Canada
Canada
mikethehockeyfan
Welp, depending on who you are, GT Mode League represents either:
  • A reminder of everything that was painfully wrong and stale with the Gran Turismo series' "chase the rabbit" single player, except with less tracks
OR:
  • A welcome return to comfy single player racing, where you start at the back of the pack, can't qualify, can use pushover AI cars as cushions, and can have a relaxing 5-lap race as you tick off yet another checkbox trophy on your way to ticking off ALL of the checkboxes
Which is it for you, dear posters? All opinions and open discussion welcome :cheers:

Yeah, this was always my concern. This game was not designed to accommodate this kind of gameplay. Fixing it is not really possible.

My recommendation is to just take this as some (free) additional gameplay and work with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welp, depending on who you are, GT Mode League represents either:
  • A reminder of everything that was painfully wrong and stale with the Gran Turismo series' "chase the rabbit" single player, except with less tracks
OR:
  • A welcome return to comfy single player racing, where you start at the back of the pack, can't qualify, can use pushover AI cars as cushions, and can have a relaxing 5-lap race as you tick off yet another checkbox trophy on your way to ticking off ALL of the checkboxes
Which is it for you, dear posters? All opinions and open discussion welcome :cheers:
you seem terribly salty that a feature that you supposedly "don't care" about has been added to the game
First impression is it looks awful. Like something someone slapped together over a weekend. Not going to bother with it

This might be reverse psychology from PD. Give us the worst GT mode ever, and hope it makes us like online more
from what i've seen, the races are more than 2 laps long so it's already light years ahead of GT6's in my book

you seem terribly salty that a feature that you supposedly "don't care" about has been added to the game
Well let's skip over your tone and try to work with this.

I booted up one of the faster car races in GT League at Blue Moon Bay, and the entire field was spread over the track so that at the back of the pack where I was, the leaders were about ready to complete Lap 1.

Now, I appreciate that the PD team has tried to assuage some longtime fans' concerns about singleplayer, but this is not a great look. It kind of confirms for me that the old offline Gran Turismo was designed more as a "time attack with cars to pass" as opposed to a race simulator. You can look at the gameplay decisions in Sport Mode to start drivers closer together, compared with how you start with the AI in GT League offline.

It really confirms how much the developers inflated the race difficulty of older games to make the events semi-interesting by spreading the field out in a time attack-ish mode.

First impressions, It's a bit threadbare for a campaign mode.

5 "cups" in the Beginner League
6 "cups" in the Amateur League
2 "cups" in the Professional League
and last but not least

ONLY 2 ENDURANCE RACES

Gr1 - Nurburgring GP
Porsche GT4 RS - Suzuka

I feel that aspect alone is far from fully utilized, Where is the Nurb 24 course endurance?, Mount Panorama endurance? Northern Isle endurance? Kind of well lets be honest extremely disappointed they could and should have fleshed it out much, much more.

Yeah, this was always my concern. This game was not designed to accommodate this kind of gameplay. Fixing it is not really possible.

My recommendation is to just take this as some (free) additional gameplay and work with it.
Can't agree more with your points.

have you played gt1 and 3? both games had qualifying and if i recall correctly gt4 did as well.
either way, it's unfair to call the traditional single player mode a time attack. ive had tons of engaging races in previous gt titles, even in endurance events.
ONLY 2 ENDURANCE RACES
that's still two more than what gt6 had :rolleyes:
i'm guessing more events will be added in future updates. personally i'd prefer the game came out with a complete gt mode to begin with, but at this point any alternative is better than having no single player at all.

Old GT Nostalgia! 👍 The Christmas music tops it off along with the older cars :gtpflag:

I took some screen shots to show some of the new GT league.

Note the new tracks ;)
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20171222054642.jpg Gran Turismo™SPORT_20171222054731.jpg Gran Turismo™SPORT_20171222054739.jpg Gran Turismo™SPORT_20171222054748.jpg Gran Turismo™SPORT_20171222054759.jpg Gran Turismo™SPORT_20171222054808.jpg Gran Turismo™SPORT_20171222054817.jpg Gran Turismo™SPORT_20171222054829.jpg Gran Turismo™SPORT_20171222054842.jpg Gran Turismo™SPORT_20171222054857.jpg

First impressions, It's a bit threadbare for a campaign mode.

5 "cups" in the Beginner League
6 "cups" in the Amateur League
2 "cups" in the Professional League
and last but not least

ONLY 2 ENDURANCE RACES

Gr1 - Nurburgring GP
Porsche GT4 RS - Suzuka

I feel that aspect alone is far from fully utilized, Where is the Nurb 24 course endurance?, Mount Panorama endurance? Northern Isle endurance? Kind of well lets be honest extremely disappointed they could and should have fleshed it out much, much more.

Well back to pc2 for offline racing and sport when i feel like online☺

I dont know whey its getting negative reviews on this thread but im really enjoying it may be after earning all the money and miles points from it gt league will become boring but for now its fresh and new

So disappointed.

Yes it is disappointing. It couldn't be anything else after each of us thought up what we'd like it to be like. It would never match that. But I suspect this is all they could do and make the anniversary date.

I'm sure they will add to it in future, something that will offer them the chance to make more announcements and get people talking about the game online. That's how you create interest in a game and sell a few copies.

Are you guys serious? 99% of the people wanted a Single Player mode - we got it for free literally a few of hours ago and here you are complaining how bad it is...well if you are not happy let's just tell PD to rollback the update... just don't get the negativity towards the game so far...

Back