Share your GT Mode first impressions

I thought I’d like it. I was really thinking it would be like the olden days. The problem is, after winning several races with a gap of over 30 seconds without really pushing, I decided to go back to online racing and trying to get as close as possible to the leaderboard.

N500 races, N200 car. Problem solved, and a bonus at the end!

N500 races, N200 car. Problem solved, and a bonus at the end!

Nothing solved. I shouldn’t have to figure out ways of making this particular mode enjoyable. If I have to start “customizing” GT League, it becomes an “Almost Custom Race” mode. That’s not what I’m looking for.

I realize that now. After they released this update.

I would say you could blame the consumer for not understanding the product they bought. I didn't watch much of the build up to GTSs release but in the small amount I did see, I instantly knew this was a stripped down online racer. If anybody couldn't grasp that then more fool them.

I want PD to invest time in the online side of things (adjusting BoP, penalties) for the game I knowingly bought and not trying to rehash single player. They can do that for GT7. This is sport.

Sport is all I need. In fact online was all I needed since GT5. Single player was a grind for cars. Nothing more.

GTS does online far better than both GT5 and 6 imo.
You conveniently ignore that statements of the creator of the game who said online is only a small portion of the game and that it contained all the features of past games and more. More fool who?

Rather than beef up GT Mode, produce an Event Maker. This will allow us as in Arcade Mode to build events from scratch. Single events, series, championships, up to an entire season of racing. Name them, save them and share them. Enable them for use online with appropriate tools for that. This would be a godsend for online clubs and leagues as well as us offliners.

Also, give us another Course Maker. I've enjoyed almost all the tracks the GT community has shared with us, and with the extra capacity of the PS4, it should be a doozy.

I am a heavy custom race mode user and this is something I would really like them to add.

You nailed them all, the ability to create our own events and share them between all of us would increase the quality of the game.

Custom races allow us to have lot of fun due to the fact that we can increase difficulty by manipulating the race rules.

Let's hope PD read this topic and hopefully this will grow into something they add.

The course maker would also be amazing, the possibilities are endless.

How can we make these ideas reach Kaz?

I am a heavy custom race mode user and this is something I would really like them to add.

You nailed them all, the ability to create our own events and share them between all of us would increase the quality of the game.

Custom races allow us to have lot of fun due to the fact that we can increase difficulty by manipulating the race rules.

Let's hope PD read this topic and hopefully this will grow into something they add.

The course maker would also be amazing, the possibilities are endless.

How can we make these ideas reach Kaz?

User made challenges with leader boards would be awesome. I really like that aspect of DriveClub, it kept it fresh. It would be even better in GTS where you have many more options to customize races.

Its not added content, its preselected arcade mode races for the unimaginable and lazy. There are no goals(trophies) reward cars, nothing. It's a pretty face with nothing behind the eyes.

The new cars are cool though, that I welcome.

It's still not the same. I was hoping it would be like GT3. It had qualifying races, championship series, and prize cars that actually inspired GT Sports random reward cars selection. The prize cars would also relate to the race series. To complete these races and not be rewarded anything besides cash and mileage points, especially endurance races, just feels empty. I hope this isn't the direction they're going forward. One thing they are doing right is rewarding players for nerfing down their cars against the A.I.

Everybody mentions custom races, but that to me feels empty as well.

I feel like too many people are rating this game/sim as it sits "right now" which is entirely their prerogative. For me, I see and have always accepted the launch version of the game as a platform or foundtion for everything else to be built upon. I think PD made it this way deliberately, so that rather than create a whole new game each time a new idea springs, they can rather add the content to the existing game. In other words they built it to be open ended for new content. With it comes some growing pains, but patience is a virtue, and I'm happy to allow the game to evolve. For me any new content, including this abbreviated add of gt league, is another feather in the Gt sport cap.

Last edited:
Back