Share your thoughts on Zahara!!

The game mode :

The feel just like Classic "Out Run"
The rules No more need to explain how this like Out Run...

Physics this SRF is forced enable.

The Circuit :

You will see how the course maker work in later version.
Take time in replay mode and focus the track side edge. The modeling solution is such as GT5 course maker.

Yup... this is templated layout

FT-1 VGT and this Track for me is lazy product.

I really don't like the track, it doesn't even look like it made for some rally action, it's too wide, sometimes there's invisible walls like on the tracks that were from GT5's track generator. It's so boring to drive around it. I've done the 3 events on it and that'll pretty much be the last time I'll drive on it (at least for serious racing).

Cons:
- Frame rate hiccups, especially on fast turns
- Screen tearing, usually also on fast turns
- Texture/model pop-in when longer distances are being rendered, which honestly, is to be expected
- Invisible walls on several sections that keep you from completely going off the track. A lot of areas you can go off and actually hit the physical walls, but in some areas the invisible walls are no more than a couple feet away from the edge of the road.
- There's jumps and there's some violent changes in road direction that happen at the peak of these jumps. These are a bit more extreme than your usual blind corner, meaning when the car lands, you can easily lose control or, in the case of the new rally mode, get penalized for a collision if you hit the jump too close to another car.
- Rally mode is limited to the three cars offered in the three challenges (kind of like Goodwood's finite list of cars, but with less and not as good) so you can't do a rally with just any car in your garage. I hope they plan on adding to the rally challenges.

Pros:
- Despite the texture pop-in and other issues, it's actually a very beautiful location. It looks really good on the PS3, which I didn't expect.
- The track really isn't that challenging. It's quite a bit faster, the track is wider in most areas, and the turns are more gentle than the Green Hell, which actually makes it a pretty enjoyable cruising track. I can appreciate the challenge of Nordschleife, but it's nice to have something I can cruise on that isn't vicious.
- The new rally mode was enjoyable. It's a bit more arcadey than I would usually expect from GT6, but I still had fun with it, especially the Abarth and the Ferrari.

After I ran through all the rally challenges (silver the first one, bronze on the other two) I did a lap in a tuned Ferrari 250 GTO. The 250 was comparable in time to the un-tuned 288 GTO they give you in the rally mode so I know with some higher PP cars things will feel quite a bit different. I'm sure designed race cars, the Formula Gran Turismo, and the Le Mans Prototypes are a much bigger challenge. Now to go do the circuit in a kart... haha

Did the first race with the Abarth 500.

Positive:

Beautiful scenery
Amazing render distance
Big money from getting gold (especially with the 5th log in bonus)
Perfect for online cruises

Negative:

Minor frame rate issues
You can easily screw up and crash into someone or run off the track and lose your score multiplier
Texture pop-ins

You win cars that are already customized
You get access to the whole track if you complete a full race regardless of getting gold or not

Only had 3 goes, Track seams like it would be fun with my mates just cruisin fast, What i didnt like was all the barriers etc as they hide a lot of the scenery in photomode if you want to shoot at the same level as the car. This track is made for the ktm which was a really pleasurable drive apart from the crappy sounds, I tried it with the ferrarri 458 too but i think its much better with lower powered cars.

I think a Sub 7 Minute lap is possible in the Formula Gran Turismo :)

The track is great for Time attack and cruising, not that great for racing because the field will spread up very quickly :indiff:

The track itself (excluding loading bugs and others) is fantastic. It feels like the Nordschleife except you can drive faster. It's just as great without going full speed. It's amazing when cruising around in an Enzo or Miura.

The only slight problem I have with the track is the jumps. I feel they could be a bit more shorter and subtle, but they're fun at full speed in rally cars.

So overall 9.9/10

The track itself (excluding loading bugs and others) is fantastic. It feels like the Nordschleife except you can drive faster. It's just as great without going full speed. It's amazing when cruising around in an Enzo or Miura.

The only slight problem I have with the track is the jumps. I feel they could be a bit more shorter and subtle, but they're fun at full speed in rally cars.

So overall 9.9/10

I agree, especially about the jumps. Some of the peaks hit right before corners and that can be a real headache, especially on the rally mode.

Dont complain about the jumps, the real first one with the GTO is fun to tackle,

You have to line it up right or reduce speed.

Another thing about it that I loved is the voice. the whole rally feels incredibly nostalgic for us 80's 90's kids. It's like the old days of arcade racers. There are still mixed feelings about this update, but I appreciate that PD did something different but fun.

It reminds me of this:
OutRun-1.jpg

And this:
244763-cruis_n_usa_2.png

And not in a bad way :)

I love it, when it said Rally I feared the worst as I am the biggest hater of driving on shail and bricks and mud in the world I just can't stand all this opposite lock and handbraking on corners.
So when I saw the track I started to grin I saw tarmac then I played it and wow timetrials to next point is brilliant a blast from the past but excellent wonderful fun. Well done PD. I managed silver in the first two events literally by a few hundred points from gold and bronze on the third with that Ferrari all this on my first attempt. Had to go out so damn damn damn but now I am home and going to give it another go. Haven't gone to the track and took out one of my own cars yet but that baby will soon be christenend.
Again PD well done this is the gaming experience I like and like a lot.

Great track, though I wish they made it like a more authentic rally - no curbs, no runoff, no guardrails, no sterile bridges & scenery, narrower roads in places, etc.

Would it be possible to ask PD for the same circuit but without the rails...Like a non-Rally version...

I cant wait to try this tonight... my PS3 and updated GT6 are ready to go... i have kept my daily login bonus up to date in anticipation to the free money coming with this update!
30,000,000 here i come !

Dont complain about the jumps, the real first one with the GTO is fun to tackle,

You have to line it up right or reduce speed.

Don't get me wrong I like the jumps especially during the rally event and in rally cars, but I'm just saying it doesn't seem right to see a Veyron or One-77 flying in the air. It seems too arcadey and NFS style. I know the obvious is that you'd slow down before a jump like that if you were casually driving on the road in real life.

As nice as the track is you can really tell the old PS3 hardware is struggling with it. There are very poor textures in some areas, especially the lake, as well as considerable performance issues. I cannot wait to see what PD will have to work with on the PS4.

Other than the performance issues its great.

This may be the best original circuit that PD have ever come up with and was worth the wait. The scenery was perfect, and mind-blowing. It felt like racing through an eternal summer paradise. The corners were perfect despite being flat and quite sharp. Although I must add that a couple of the high speed ones were quite tricky and caused the car to slide towards the outside wall. The jumps, while rendering the track unfit for GT/prototype racing were entertaining and gave it a "rallycross" feel. It's also a good track for time trials as well as possible vintage/trans am racing action. Overall, if this is a preview of what our custom tracks can do, I'm excited for the future. 10/10

The new track is fun! Not much of a racing track, I think of it as a cruise track. Like in a "race for fun" lobby. Still nice and good looking. ^_^

Back