Sharkport needed - I can program a hybrid program!

• Thread starter Syizm
  • 70 comments
crazyazn7412
Thats a possible way polyphony really could have stopped hybriding

What exactly could PD have against hybriding? Why would they need to go out of their way to hinder the extra curricular activities of the fan base?

I have always wondered about this...

i certainly dont know...but they built a wall and we need to get around it. god...this is so stupid.

but as i said before...i think its a mask...i dont think there is any way around it.

The reason they encrypted the save file is painfully obvious.

They planned to put the online feature into the game so they planned for that. They must have known about hybriding or they would not have done this. It is pretty much to stop people from creating cars that they can change and make into a unrealistic performer. They were protecting the online atmosphere of realism.

C53A 4G63T
The reason they encrypted the save file is painfully obvious.

They planned to put the online feature into the game so they planned for that. They must have known about hybriding or they would not have done this. It is pretty much to stop people from creating cars that they can change and make into a unrealistic performer. They were protecting the online atmosphere of realism.

So, they take away the online AND block the hybriding possibilities. I wonder now if I should have bought this game and I dont see much of a reason to keep it. I already got 100% and I cant race my buddies unless its on crappy splitscreen or I-link. Who wants to mess with that anymore? Not me. But then again, its still kinda early, we shall see what the future holds.

Tallman
So, they take away the online AND block the hybriding possibilities. I wonder now if I should have bought this game and I dont see much of a reason to keep it. I already got 100% and I cant race my buddies unless its on crappy splitscreen or I-link. Who wants to mess with that anymore? Not me. But then again, its still kinda early, we shall see what the future holds.

They did not plan to take the online out. If you remember it was a last min desision because they wanted to release it after an almost 1 year delay. They deemed it too unstable.

Well, crazyazn, you know what they say, if you can't go around it, go through it, =oP

Something I was wondering about, all this talk about trying to get the save to the PC and "decrypted", I thought thats what the guys at codemasters was saying when they talked about doing a memorydump, where you have a code that dumps the data of the game thats in the Ps2 memory, onto a memcard so that at that time, its in "gameplay" mode suggesting it'd be decrpyted and then readable/hackable ...

I'm not a hacker/programmer but I know they had info on this, they said there were different ways, you needed atleast a 32 mb memcard I think or you could use a pendrive & some such ...
I'm still trying to figure out though, even if they can get a decrypted save that way & be able to hack it, well, we'd all have to do that to get the decrypted save to our PC for editing UNLESS, when we used say a sharkport/xport to get the save, they gave us a program to decrypt it... and then we'd need a program to restore the encryption so the save would be like the original, b4 sending it back to our memcard !

Back